Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #4231

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouradjan View Post
it is 3×17 ,it is original Rx3 rim.i bought it from the dealer of Rx3.i changed the shock absorber to smoother.But i couldn't get a good result.at 60 miles bike is starting shacking its head up and down.And starting a little vibration .
Spudrider do i have to change my front rim to 19? i feel like my bike's front is lower then it should be.
I also suggest you check the 17-inch rear wheel for 'trueness.' If the wheel was not built 'true' (symmetrical on 2 axes), it will hop. Also, the wheel will hop if the spokes loosen. It is important to check the spokes for tightness after building a new wheel.

Indeed, it is important to periodically check the spokes on both wheels, to insure they are tight.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #4232

I guess I'll have to stop being lazy, I really like how those Tourfellas look and the pricing seemed reasonable but it ain't that way.
I'll check locally for aluminum sheets and will make the design for the racks myself, the mounting knobs look real nice and having those shipped to colombia is not expensive at all (anything past 10lbs is), gonna have to find the time to actually do that tho. will do post the renders when I get down to it.

thank you all for the replies

Old 09-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #4233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Kat,

Please excuse me, but I've got to ask. What method are you using to check the oil level?
I have been using the "CSC" method since it was posted on their blog.

During these warmer months my oil level has been close to stable. I have only once had to drain off some oil to maintain the correct level.

During this warmer period I have had a good build up of water/fuel in the separator tube where as the winter/spring months, when i got my bike, there was next to nothing.

My probably dodgey theory is that if its not in the tube then it must still be in the crankcase.

Admittedly when i got my bike the "CSC" method of oil checking wasn't known. So maybe all will be ok this winter.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #4234

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I also suggest you check the 17-inch rear wheel for 'trueness.' If the wheel was not built 'true' (symmetrical on 2 axes), it will hop. Also, the wheel will hop if the spokes loosen. It is important to check the spokes for tightness after building a new wheel.

Indeed, it is important to periodically check the spokes on both wheels, to insure they are tight.
U are great☺, i checked everything u said .The front rim spokes tightness has problems.i have to check them. And rear rim's 4 spokes are not tighten well too.I adjusted the spring preload of the shock absorber as u describe☺.I guess 7 turns will be good. I will try my bike tomorrow.may be i change it to a different stiffnes .Thank u for all the info .

Old 09-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #4235

You are welcome.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #4236

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
I have been using the "CSC" method since it was posted on their blog.

During these warmer months my oil level has been close to stable. I have only once had to drain off some oil to maintain the correct level.

During this warmer period I have had a good build up of water/fuel in the separator tube where as the winter/spring months, when i got my bike, there was next to nothing.

My probably dodgey theory is that if its not in the tube then it must still be in the crankcase.

Admittedly when i got my bike the "CSC" method of oil checking wasn't known. So maybe all will be ok this winter.
If I understand the engineer's explanation, a cold engine will allow more fuel to seep past the piston rings. The only other way to get fuel into the crankcase is by piston blow-by.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see what happens this winter. Elevation, humidty, temperature, engine rpms, et cetera, are other factors which can affect piston blow-by and fuel seeping past the piston rings.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-26-2015, 01:17 AM   #4237

Finally got mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Congrats on your new blue bike! I'm in the Denver area too. We should meet for a ride!

Sounds good...after issues with the local freight company, who was supposed to deliver it yesterday but they screwed up, I rented a UHaul trailer and went and got it from them this morning. Their delay cost me being able to get it registered today like I had planned, but oh well-I have it, it's all put together and ready to go, and as soon as I get a plate on it, I can ride it!

It really is much better looking in person than the photos let on-I knew that from hearing you guys say it, but it really is true. It's quite a bike!

Old 09-26-2015, 02:16 AM   #4238

If you want to preserve the paint, you might consider spraying the fuel tank with Spray Max Clearcoat.

http://www.66autocolor.com/Spray-Max...pm-3680061.htm

You might enjoy reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15187

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #4239

To make your trip to the DMV a little easier, go to an emissions test facility first and have them do a VIN verification for $20. The DMV is supposed to walk out and inspect the VIN, but if they're backed up they might make you leave, get one and come back ... and who wants to wait in line twice at the DMV?

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #4240

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
Thanks for that link. I followed it to their web shop at http://www.coyotetrips.com/

And picked up some of these:

Reasonably priced.

Cheers,

Dan K.
You're welcome. Coyotetrips has a lot of nice goodies at their website.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-27-2015, 12:36 AM   #4241

Quote:
Hi everyone ,i need help .I changed my RX3's rear rim to 17 inch.Because there is no dual purpose tire for 15 inch rim.And i dont wanna buy a cst brand tire .Now i am using a Kenda 761 130/80-17 but my rear monoshock doesn't give any comfort anymore.Bike is not an enduro anymore it is like a street oriented bike.Becase with this tyre bike became more then 3, 5 cm taller at the rear .Now i need your advice , what should i do?
Hello Mouradjan.
I am not understanding. Changing the tire should not have done anything to the monoshock. Is this a separate problem?

If you want the rear lower, can you adjust the spring on the rear shock?

I wish to help if you can explain in a different way.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Hello Mouradjan.
I am not understanding. Changing the tire should not have done anything to the monoshock. Is this a separate problem?

If you want the rear lower, can you adjust the spring on the rear shock?

I wish to help if you can explain in a different way.
Its my bad.i changed the rim and tire .But i didn't adjust the shock preload.☺ This is my first motorbike so i am learning .Hehe Now it is much better when driving.I figured that spokes are not tighten well.i am learning ,i am learning. 😆 I will read everything about my Zong.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #4243

First Moto for Mouradjan

Quote:
This is my first motorbike so i am learning. i am learning ,i am learning. �� I will read everything about my Zong.
Very good! Reading is very important, so is understanding. I hope you have friends that ride that you can ask questions. Even different bikes share many parts and things to work on. A piston doesn't know what brand of engine it is in, same with a spoke.

Learn, enjoy, share information, ask questions.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #4244

When we adjust the preload we lowered the rear of the bike,didn't we . So when we stiffed the spring at least 6 turnes .what cm or inches we lowered the bike .Did anyone measure it?

Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 PM   #4245

If you tighten the preload on the spring (compress spring more) ,it will help keep the bike sitting higher if loaded with gear or passenger, not lower it, unless you've lessoned the preload. rj