Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2015, 11:56 PM   #4216

Here is the luggage mounting kit for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mounting-Kit...3D321806206933

Here is a link to the Pelican 1430 case.

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1430?c...FU2RfgodwzkIxg

Here are some photographs of the Pelican 1430 cases mounted on motorcycles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #4217

Here is a video review of the Pelican 1430 case.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #4218

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
Now if I can just figure out what invisible bugs keep trying to eat me alive in my garage whenver I'm doing work on the motorcycles i'll be set!
Sprite, the garage is for storing holiday decorations.
Maintenance is done in the space the realtors gave the odd name of Dining Room. The dining room has handy access to both hot & cold beverages, a sink to wash hands & parts, and for the heavy repairs a heating chamber and a cooling chamber for thing like shrink fit bearings.

Next you're going to tell us that you don't have a rack to hold drip pans in the space you park your bikes that is named The Living Room.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #4219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Maintenance is done in the space the realtors gave the odd name of Dining Room.
Ha!
Thanks for the laugh I will admit, the thought had crossed my mind when I was working on my bike this summer...the front door should be big enough to wheel it right on in

Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #4220

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Here is the luggage mounting kit for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mounting-Kit...3D321806206933
Thanks for that link. I followed it to their web shop at http://www.coyotetrips.com/

And picked up some of these:

Reasonably priced.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #4221

Oil Level Rising

There are a few of us who have experienced rising oil levels.
For me it had been much more noticable during the winter months.

I wondered if perhaps the oil wasn't getting hot enough to effectively evaporate the water/fuel contaminents.
Expecially as my bike is quite often only used for a 30 minute ride to work and 30 minutes home.

Had a dig on the internet and found this
Name:  info.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  37.3 KB
Though I can't verify that any of this is true , it says 85 C - 90.5 C (185F - 195F) is the ideal coolant temperature for contaminants to evaporate, Though it probably starts to evaporate bellow these temperatures.

I wanted to record actual coolant temp. compared with the LCD bars indicated on the speedo

Using the PCHUD diagnostic software i tried to discover the coolant temperature of the bike.

PCHUD records the engine/cylinder head temperature and the coolant temperature. Whilst testing, it became noticeable that the coolant temp reading was unreliable for this test, giving different temps each time i tested.

The engine temp reading was more stable and also showed the correct temperature of 82 C when the cooling fans kicked in.

So using the engine temp reading the results were.

LCD BARS------------- TEMP (deg C)

1 ------------------------ 33
2 -------------------------51
3 -------------------------78

Now the summer is all but over and the outside temperature is dropping it maybe an idea to make sure your bikes temperature hits 3 bars at some point in your ride
so in theory bringing your oil temperature Somewhere near 88 C (190 F).
Especially if you notice a drop in the amount of water/fuel collected in the oil separator tube.
This is just my opinion so could be complete rubbish but it certainly wont hurt

(more info off the net)
Name:  info1.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  90.3 KB

Old 09-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #4222

LordRad,

just made a quick check on TBtrends and the approximate shipping value is over USD650 (for a guess of around 35lbs), so it's a no go, will have to wait until there are locally available luggage options

On my YBR125G I made up a set of panniers, based on the design of HappyTrails (I had these back in the US), much like the Tusk. Aluminum sheet is impossible to get here in Iloilo so I used a thin steel sheet. Designed the rack and took it all to a metal fabricator in the city, here it is very inexpensive to do something like this. I made the bags so they are removable, used old Smucker's Jam jar lids and epoxied a stainless steel bolt, thin design and big enough to grip, there is a hook on the bottom, works real well.

I wanted them removable for putting the bike on a Banka for water crossings and an unexpected portage by 5 guys across a swollen river (too deep to ride across). Cracked me up , I had to ride about a kilometer along the beach due to the bridge on the highway being washed out, I get the the river crossing and 5 guys come over, I take off the bags (30 kilos of vitamins in them) and they pick up my bike and carry it across the river, about kneed deep; they wanted to charge me 50 peso's but I gave the a 100.

Designing the bags and the rack was easy on the YBR and I have been considering doing the same to the RX3. My OEM boxes leak very bad and I need to carry and deliver vitamins to the very poor children way out in the back country, can't have the boxes of vitamins getting wet and then the OEM are not easily removed and not with contents inside. Plus I don't like the clam shell opening, I prefer a top loading lid. Probably wont get to this project until next year though.

I'm sure in your area you can do the same "make it up", "creativity 101". Use the pictures posted on the CSC site for the Tourfella install.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 09-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #4223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Sprite, the garage is for storing holiday decorations.
Maintenance is done in the space the realtors gave the odd name of Dining Room. The dining room has handy access to both hot & cold beverages, a sink to wash hands & parts, and for the heavy repairs a heating chamber and a cooling chamber for thing like shrink fit bearings.

Next you're going to tell us that you don't have a rack to hold drip pans in the space you park your bikes that is named The Living Room.
Jay In Milpitas, your killing me man , your killing me
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 09-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #4224

Kat,

Please excuse me, but I've got to ask. What method are you using to check the oil level?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #4225

Hi everyone ,i need help .I changed my RX3's rear rim to 17 inch.Because there is no dual purpose tire for 15 inch rim.And i dont wanna buy a cst brand tire .Now i am using a Kenda 761 130/80-17 but my rear monoshock doesn't give any comfort anymore.Bike is not an enduro anymore it is like a street oriented bike.Becase with this tyre bike became more then 3, 5 cm taller at the rear .Now i need your advice , what should i do?

Old 09-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #4226

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouradjan View Post
Hi everyone ,i need help .I changed my RX3's rear rim to 17 inch.Because there is no dual purpose tire for 15 inch rim.And i dont wanna buy a cst brand tire .Now i am using a Kenda 761 130/80-17 but my rear monoshock doesn't give any comfort anymore.Bike is not an enduro anymore it is like a street oriented bike.Becase with this tyre bike became more then 3, 5 cm taller at the rear .Now i need your advice , what should i do?
What is the width of the 17-inch rim you installed? Have you adjusted the shock preload?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-25-2015, 03:00 PM   #4227

it is 3×17 ,it is original Rx3 rim.i bought it from the dealer of Rx3.i changed the shock absorber to smoother.But i couldn't get a good result.at 60 miles bike is starting shacking its head up and down.And starting a little vibration .
Spudrider do i have to change my front rim to 19? i feel like my bike's front is lower then it should be.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #4228

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
What is the width of the 17-inch rim you installed? Have you adjusted the shock preload?
U mean the spring adjust?

Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #4229

Quote:
it is 3×17 ,it is original Rx3 rim.i bought it from the dealer of Rx3.i changed the shock absorber to smoother.But i couldn't get a good result.at 60 miles bike is starting shacking its head up and down.And starting a little vibration .
Spudrider do i have to change my front rim to 19? i feel like my bike's front is lower then it should be.
No, you don't need to change the front rim. Our RX3 motorcycles in the United States have a 3.00-17 rear rim, along with an 18-inch front tire, and we aren't having any such problems.

If the front wheel is bouncing up and down, I suggest you verify whether or not the rim is 'true.' The rim must be symmetrical both radially, and laterally, in both the X-axis and Y-axis. If the wheel is not 'true' (symmetric) in both axes, the wheel will bounce.

I also suggest you check the front tire for unusual wear patterns.

If the front wheel only bounces while braking, I suggest you install another front brake rotor.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #4230

Quote:
U mean the spring adjust?
Yes. Have you adjusted the spring preload of the shock absorber, as described in the following thread?

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14677

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220