Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2023, 09:10 AM   #1

What other bike wheels would fit?

Hi, As mentioned in my intro, my slow bike is something called a Kinlon KBR200RT. As far as I can make out Kinlon is a manufacturer in Chongching and I am not sure just how much difference they have to Qingqi or Loncin.
At 64yrs I am not about to go dirt riding again, particularly with a meat covered artificial leg. Knee and ankle are replaced and strangely I still have bone connecting them...WHY?

Anyhow, 200cc of raw power, it has both electric and kick start, and the RT denoting Road/Trail. This gives me 18" rear and 21" front wheels. It is like riding on marbles on dry roads and who would want to try it out on the wet.? They made a model that was all the same but ended in SM, yeh...Super Motard. Same engine etc but on 17" rims front and rear. It would be great if I could find any sort of wreck around here, but people just take them to the tip.

I have the front wheel out because of a puncture and had the bright idea to get the local bike dismantlers to try and match me up an 18" or 19" rim. Then today, i was measuring the front axle, only to find it is a 17mm thick axle and it screws into the opposite fork leg, added to this, the part that is screwed in using an hex socket, is even thicker at about 22mm and then pinch clamped to lock it in place.

So, does anyone know of any wheels that would bolt in from another brand bike? This has a disc brake rear end, but looks like a CG Honda setup with a 15mm axle. The Qingqi 200 looks almost identical, but I am not game enough to say that it is. There is so much the same and yet...something is just that bit different