Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
please define : sintered

good find madsocial !
Sintered brakes contain metal particles and are formed under extreme heat. They last longer than regular organic pads and resist heat fade. Compared to organic brakes they usually have more bite or grab but may feel easier to modulate because of their resistance to fading under extreme conditions.

They will wear out a cast iron disc pretty fast. Stainless steel discs last much longer. I believe the RX3 discs are stainless.

Sintered is generally a better choice for off-road and race conditions because of the constant braking. It's also good for hilly areas and mountain highways.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 06-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #17

sin·ter
ˈsin(t)ər/Submit
verb
past tense: sintered; past participle: sintered
make (a powdered material) coalesce into a solid or porous mass by heating it (and usually also compressing it) without liquefaction.

thanks detour, had never heard that term except here

kind of like a diamond is formed over time , ha. heat / pressure. as spock would say, "fascinating"
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #18

what are brakes? do you people mean those levers on the right side of the ZONG thought they were for show

Old 06-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
what are brakes? do you people mean those levers on the right side of the ZONG thought they were for show
Willy Dog, you must ride an orange bike. Y'know... the fastest ones!

Old 06-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Rania, is the plastic film in the inside of the instrumen panel?
yes, inside the instrument panel. sorry, i still call it gauges...i'm a harley owner too. lol

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 06-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #21

Brakes

The rear brake was a bit too powerful and/or grabby. I have locked it up several times when making quick stops. I need to test it now that I have more miles on it.
The front brake was wimpy, but once I got it bedded in I thought it was pretty good. That is, until I rode my Stelvio the other day for the first time in months. That bike has got BRAKES!! I must have been comparing the RX3 brakes to those on my KLR. New brake pads are going on the RX3.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
this thread kinda upsets me ... you have all these miles on the new bike, and not one of those miles led you back to my house ... lol ... glad you are getting a little seat time in ... maybe we can get together on saturday and ride a bit ... i want to hit fox ridge anyway, and i bet you know your way around there better than me
I've not been to Fox Ridge in years. Most of my ridng has been down in Cumberland county.... Toledo, Greenup, ect.... Cruising the country roads.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-07-2016, 06:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
The rear brake was a bit too powerful and/or grabby. I have locked it up several times when making quick stops. I need to test it now that I have more miles on it.
The front brake was wimpy, but once I got it bedded in I thought it was pretty good. That is, until I rode my Stelvio the other day for the first time in months. That bike has got BRAKES!! I must have been comparing the RX3 brakes to those on my KLR. New brake pads are going on the RX3.
I noticed rear brakes worked better with the stock tires the kendas seem to grab more less contact with the ground i would think

Old 06-07-2016, 10:45 AM   #24

Quote:
The rear brake was a bit too powerful and/or grabby. I have locked it up several times when making quick stops.
Odd that many of our brakes react differently. My rear brake is about as responsive as my front brake with the sintered pads. Neither will stop a freight train but they're more than adequate for how I ride, even when I get more aggressive. They're very balanced and predictable in their reactions (with the new front pads). Makes it really nice to apply both without any surprises, setting up for a corner.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-07-2016, 10:22 PM   #25

The brakes seem fine for what their worth, at least for the moment. I will most likely invest in better shoes when these wear down. I mean, I am not really riding the bike very hard at the moment. Although I have been getting more aggressive with it, now that we have completed the first service.

My cons: The damn seat! Not only does it suck, I feel like I'm falling downhill into the the tank. Pressure on my hands, due that forward push. I did not notice this before, only because my husband has put more miles on it than I have. Now that I just put 200 miles on it since Saturday, my ass hurts, I'm sliding towards the tank and I have pressure in my hands at the grips. Another con; I find myself revving up the engine while grabbing the brake to stop. It is kind of scary. I have been trying to figure out why this is happening on the bike and the only thing I can think of, is it has to do with the way I seat on the bike. Another thing, I feel like I could use a taller seat, but I know I won't be able to touch the ground. Maybe a new seat will do it. I just don't want to spend the money on a new seat from CSC if it is going to push me forward. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm torn with doing my own work, or just letting a pro fix the seat. I figured if I reshaped and redid the padding, if I screw it up I could always buy a new seat

OH one last thing, do you guys feel like the bike just blows around in the wind? It is hard to tell if it is actually getting blown around or if the rear tire is off balance. I do not see any odd wear marks, so that tells me the it is balanced and mounted properly. So, I'm guessing the bike is just really light in the wind. I ride pass the Philly Airport and it always feels like the back end is going to fall off.

Pay it Forward!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #26

I have that issue too, feels like I'm getting rolled forward into the tank. I keep pushing back to get comfortable but the seat rise just slowly pushes me back. Saving up for the tall seat but 250 is kinda steep, most seat concept seats go for about 180.

I get blown around as well, its a light bike.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
The brakes seem fine for what their worth, at least for the moment. I will most likely invest in better shoes when these wear down. I mean, I am not really riding the bike very hard at the moment. Although I have been getting more aggressive with it, now that we have completed the first service.

My cons: The damn seat! Not only does it suck, I feel like I'm falling downhill into the the tank. Pressure on my hands, due that forward push. I did not notice this before, only because my husband has put more miles on it than I have. Now that I just put 200 miles on it since Saturday, my ass hurts, I'm sliding towards the tank and I have pressure in my hands at the grips. Another con; I find myself revving up the engine while grabbing the brake to stop. It is kind of scary. I have been trying to figure out why this is happening on the bike and the only thing I can think of, is it has to do with the way I seat on the bike. Another thing, I feel like I could use a taller seat, but I know I won't be able to touch the ground. Maybe a new seat will do it. I just don't want to spend the money on a new seat from CSC if it is going to push me forward. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm torn with doing my own work, or just letting a pro fix the seat. I figured if I reshaped and redid the padding, if I screw it up I could always buy a new seat

OH one last thing, do you guys feel like the bike just blows around in the wind? It is hard to tell if it is actually getting blown around or if the rear tire is off balance. I do not see any odd wear marks, so that tells me the it is balanced and mounted properly. So, I'm guessing the bike is just really light in the wind. I ride pass the Philly Airport and it always feels like the back end is going to fall off.
The CSC tall seat is flat in comparison with the stock seat. It doesn't make me slide forward but I found that my tailbone complained when the seat was new. A sheepskin took care of that, and now that the seat is broken in I don't need the sheepskin for that.

I haven't had any concerns riding in the wind, in fact, I've thought it handled the wind quite well. We get a lot of wind in Colorado where the mountains meet the plains. Have you check your tire pressure?

Old 06-08-2016, 12:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodtheviking View Post
I have that issue too, feels like I'm getting rolled forward into the tank. I keep pushing back to get comfortable but the seat rise just slowly pushes me back. Saving up for the tall seat but 250 is kinda steep, most seat concept seats go for about 180.

I get blown around as well, its a light bike.
180 is for cover and foam only
add $100 for a complete seat (with pan)

Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #29

Quote:
The CSC tall seat is flat in comparison with the stock seat.
Have you check your tire pressure?
Good to know that about the tall seat. I wonder if the "narrow" option seat is flat as well. As for the tire pressure, actually I have not checked that. Your right that might be it !

Pay it Forward!

Old 06-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #30

Good call on the tire pressure. Our bikes sat for about 6 months and the pressures were quite low. I ran them up to 35 and they track true and responsive. That said, it's a small bike with lots of fairing. It does have a tendency to grab the wind more than my dual sport (Q) but nothing drastic.

Yep, the seat sucks. It not only hurts after a short time but the vinyl gets stretchy like a balloon when it gets sun baked and grips your jeans, plus it rolls you forward. At 6' and no risers, I'm really resting on my hands. The upside of that is with the high pegs, that are almost behind me, it keeps me in a semi-crotch rocket position and hard cornering is a hoot!
If the reports come up positive on the recent purchases here, I'll be springing for the tall seat, then add some risers. I'm not too concerned about the price at 250.00. Of course, I'd love to have it cheaper but custom seats aren't cheap. Mustang wanted 800.00 for my Victory seat for my TC and I don't even want to tell you what my buddy spent on his custom made LaPera for his Shovel that was no bigger than a small dinner plate.

Madsocial, have you thought of the combo of the tall seat and then add the lowering link to get your feet on the ground?
Put some more slack in your throttle cable. The injection unit seems very responsive and I think you may be rolling the throttle a little when you grab the front brake.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350