Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #16

Zonal cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Cold is a relative term. When I awakened Thanksgiving morning, I discovered 6 inches of new snow on my driveway. Friday morning the low temperature was minus 3 degrees Fahrenheit. The high temperature today was 22 degrees Fahrenheit.

I hate winter.
I'm referring to the area above a man's knees and below his navel, the bits that sag in heat and contract to tuck neatly away in a chill breeze.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #17

Addressing Inseam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinope View Post
Hey, I'm pretty much set on buying this bike and one of the biggest reasons is the seat height being so low with my short inseam of a whopping 28 inches! 31" is perfect for me and my girlfriend both.

My question though is if the seat is very comfortable at all? I've honestly had over 10 or 12 different bikes never felt a seat that was comfortable really except my 2007 V-Strom (stock by the way). Whats the general consensus? Is it a must replace like so many other bikes? No real great options? etc?

It's the only real concern I have. Thanks!
In addition to the Low/short seat, you might also consider having the 1" lowering link installed when you order. Depending on how much off-roading you are planning, ground clearance my or may not be important.

If you are on Facebook, here is one active group. I'm sure there are more.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4126...109/?pnref=lhc

Old 11-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinope View Post
oh ok, which seat is the short seat on the website?
They call it the 'narrow' seat on the CSC site. I have the narrow carbon gripper saddle with red stitching.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/SEATS-s/208.htm

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 11-29-2015, 11:12 PM   #19

the stock seat....... in my opinion.. it's brutal! I put in 92 miles today on the RX3. I had a great time riding through the twisties and canyons and the Pacific Coast Highway.. I would've put in 200 miles today if my butt would've been up to it... I have the nice sheep skin gel seat cushion that I bought from CSC.. which helped some i'm sure. But honestly the only reason I headed back to the house as early as I did was because my hind end was aching! I see an after market seat in my very very near future!

Old 11-29-2015, 11:38 PM   #20

I've ridden many long, hot days on my RX3 stock seat. It seems that just like a 10 spd bicycle seat your butt needs to "adapt and conquer". And the seat needs to break in also to fit your behind and form to your tush. Every bike I've owned I read terrible things about the stock seats and yes to begin with maybe they are "not the most comfortable" but given time I've found my seat and motorcycles seat will become "one with the universe" .Your behind may very. And I'm sure aftermarket seats can be an improvement, I just like to give a stock seat several thousand miles to break in before looking for a replacement . rj

Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #21

That might very well be true... I only have 1100 miles on my RX3.. I'll wait it out another 900 or so before I commit to a new seat.... It makes me wonder how the guys did on the Western Americas tour... Today as I was riding home.. knowing I was 30 miles from the house I kept having the thought over and over... how did they do over 300 miles a day? I'm not 100% sure my butt could handle that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I've ridden many long, hot days on my RX3 stock seat. It seems that just like a 10 spd bicycle seat your butt needs to "adapt and conquer". And the seat needs to break in also to fit your behind and form to your tush. Every bike I've owned I read terrible things about the stock seats and yes to begin with maybe they are "not the most comfortable" but given time I've found my seat and motorcycles seat will become "one with the universe" .Your behind may very. And I'm sure aftermarket seats can be an improvement, I just like to give a stock seat several thousand miles to break in before looking for a replacement . rj

Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX3James View Post
That might very well be true... I only have 1100 miles on my RX3.. I'll wait it out another 900 or so before I commit to a new seat.... It makes me wonder how the guys did on the Western Americas tour... Today as I was riding home.. knowing I was 30 miles from the house I kept having the thought over and over... how did they do over 300 miles a day? I'm not 100% sure my butt could handle that...
http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Tested & approved by butts everywhere.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #23

I put a airhawk on mine (used from my previous bike) and it made the bike quite comfortable. The stock seat is ok for a short trip but not all day for me.

Airhawk makes it an 8-12 hour ride machine for me.

My MG Stelvio has the best stock seat of any bike I've ever had. That thing is very comfortable.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #24
Banned

I've got 2000 miles on my RX3 already and made up my mind a few tanks ago to proceed with seat update. Sheepskin helped (as it does on any saddle I've tried....it's always been a salve, not a solution)
With the 20% discount it seemed worth it. I'll enjoy the taller, flatter shape. It's what I envisioned
Will post up a few pics I'm sure when it's on, hopefully before this Saturday.
Supposed to be sunny and 50

Old 12-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #25

I'm having great luck with the airhawk pad, but for nearly the same price you can just replace the seat.

It's going to be 50 this weekend in upstate ny, so rare december riding for me!

Old 12-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #26
Banned

CSC shipped my Seat Concepts seats, but UPS has lost the package

Supposed to be 50 here tomorrow too Lee....so I will be heading out to see how many deer hunters I can piss off tomorrow.

Actually, weatherman is saying warming trend coming for at least two weeks...NEXT Sat is supposed to be close to 60!!

Old 12-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #27

How much height does the tall seat gain over the stock seat?

Old 12-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
How much height does the tall seat gain over the stock seat?
I wish I freaking knew Keith, my package is still showing that they have lost it.

Will certainly give quantifiable data once here, including actual distance to ground, etc (which is affected by 19" F wheel and Shinko big block knobbies)

Old 12-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
I wish I freaking knew Keith, my package is still showing that they have lost it.

Will certainly give quantifiable data once here, including actual distance to ground, etc (which is affected by 19" F wheel and Shinko big block knobbies)
Sorry, that really stinks

Old 12-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
Sorry, that really stinks
X2. Please do keep us updated.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894