Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #1

Brozz rear shock

I have searched in vain for the length of the stock shock on the brozz 250 and recon and came up empty, anyone know off the top of your head?

Old 05-04-2020, 02:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
I have searched in vain for the length of the stock shock on the brozz 250 and recon and came up empty, anyone know off the top of your head?
I couldn't find that information either. No Brozz owner ever seems interested in changing shocks or raising/lowering their bike at all. About the only solution left to you would be to remove the rear shock so you can measure it. It's not actually that hard to do, just a little time consuming. Think of it like an opportunity to grease the shock eyelets and the shoulders of the bolts that mount it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I couldn't find that information either. No Brozz owner ever seems interested in changing shocks or raising/lowering their bike at all. About the only solution left to you would be to remove the rear shock so you can measure it. It's not actually that hard to do, just a little time consuming. Think of it like an opportunity to grease the shock eyelets and the shoulders of the bolts that mount it.
Thanks Dan, I don't own the bike just research. I want to end up with a Brozz or CRP and I will most likely have to do more lowering than just the seat trimming although that is where I will start.
Maybe one of the owners or Jeff will add that info.

again.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #4

I'll bite the bullet today and remove my rear shock...I've got to adjust it lower anyway seems how my stubby manlet size of 5' 7" doesn't like the height of the bike.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daghita View Post
I'll bite the bullet today and remove my rear shock...I've got to adjust it lower anyway seems how my stubby manlet size of 5' 7" doesn't like the height of the bike.
D,

you got me by an inch Dag. I have made up my mind to quit looking at seat height and just pay the price of lowering whatever bike that I end up with. I have watched countless videos and read even more threads and I am convinced that it can be done without ruining the handling, like everything else it = time and money.
If you lower yours I would love to read of your experience.

thanks again.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:55 PM   #6

I measured mine and its around 300mm like 11-inch.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-09-2020, 09:38 PM   #7

Thanks SkyTeam.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #8

Following. I am planning to give my Brozz to my son and he is on the shorter size. I shaved the seat but may need to adjust suspension.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armycopter View Post
Following. I am planning to give my Brozz to my son and he is on the shorter size. I shaved the seat but may need to adjust suspension.
I don't know that I am the guy to take any advice from but I have a shock ordered and should have it in a week or so and I am eager to get to it. I have found a few places with good video and or direction on lowering the front forks and I am going to attempt that as well in an attempt to keep everything as evenly dropped from front to rear as possible. I will share the experience here but there are far more experienced folks who have tutorials already available. Oh, I will try slipping the forks in the clamps before busting into the cylinders.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:44 PM   #10

I stumbled upon this finding the shock length for the brozz again and thought I would update it for the benefit of not-tall folks looking at it as an option.
I am 5'6" tall and go back and forth between 165 and 170 LBS, I don't know my actual measured inseam but I wear 29 and 30 inseam jeans.
when I first got the brozz ( RECON ) assembled I was on the balls of both feet holding it up, I don't know if the spring collapses quickly or what but within a couple of hundred miles I could flat foot it. the rear suspension is pretty soft for off roading so I am going to buy the same length shock but at a higher quality with a 1000 LB load rating.