Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2jmpr View Post
I've purchased (2) Hawks from them with no issues at all. I'm not necessarily advocating them as I've heard many forum members in the past have had problems. Just sayin', my purchases went fine.
Every few days to a week someone will join a forum/facebook group asking for help dealing with the crap Manny pulls... I'm "just sayin' " the number of people he is screwing over is growing at an exponential rate... and someone with Honest Business Practices wouldn't need 15 different "Power Sports" business names/drop shipping websites

"Stay away from that smelly turd nick named Manny... you have been warned"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:52 PM   #17

You are a wizard, Pete.
You could build an EBay business doing that.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #18

"with a 1 ohm pentameter"

Is a pentameter the same as a rheostat or potentiometer? I could find only one pentameter and it is on EBay.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
"with a 1 ohm pentameter"

Is a pentameter the same as a rheostat or potentiometer? I could find only one pentameter and it is on EBay.
yes

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 05-27-2019, 01:06 PM   #20

Hey! You guys better be careful sharing your positive tx experiences, a lot of competitive sale reps on these forums...

I too am most excited about the fork upgrades, much beefier than old. EFI could be hit or miss, no one can say for sure. But I think if the EFI proves to be reliable, it will kill the old model hawk and TBR7 sales. Those forks could be a real game changer... I will gladly sell my 19' and pick up a new Hawk.

Chris

Old 05-27-2019, 03:54 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelJunkie94 View Post
Hey! You guys better be careful sharing your positive tx experiences, a lot of competitive sale reps on these forums...

I too am most excited about the fork upgrades, much beefier than old. EFI could be hit or miss, no one can say for sure. But I think if the EFI proves to be reliable, it will kill the old model hawk and TBR7 sales. Those forks could be a real game changer... I will gladly sell my 19' and pick up a new Hawk.

Chris
Personally, I have no problem with the forks as they are. The rear swing arm is still a thin shitty bit of box steel that will bend under hard use. I would rather have toothpick forks and a proper rear swing arm with cam adjusters.

Game changer is an overly generous term in my opinion.

As far as the efi being reliable, we will have to see, but I am not holding my breath. I predict a few carb conversions within the first 12 months. If I am wrong, then I will be happy to be wrong.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-27-2019, 06:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Personally, I have no problem with the forks as they are. The rear swing arm is still a thin shitty bit of box steel that will bend under hard use. I would rather have toothpick forks and a proper rear swing arm with cam adjusters.

Game changer is an overly generous term in my opinion.

As far as the efi being reliable, we will have to see, but I am not holding my breath. I predict a few carb conversions within the first 12 months. If I am wrong, then I will be happy to be wrong.
Im not sure about your unit, but i can grab my front brakes, and watch my forks move about like a set of tree limbs when putting a load on the front end.

Haven't had any issues with rear swing arm yet. How are they failing? Jumping or?

Chris

Old 09-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #23

Thumbs Up Hawk Dlx from TXPS

Sorry I’m brand new to this form but I have seen a lot of negative comments about Manny from TX Powersports on here and I really don’t understand why people are giving him so much crap I’ve bought three of the brand new DLX hawks from him and plan on purchasing two more and if I needed anything whatsoever I call him he answers my phone calls the same day I text him he returns my text the same days I email him and he returns my emails the same Day and if I need any parts he gets a hold of RPS and the part show up at my door with no problem in my opinion on the man, he’s a great guy and I appreciate everything he’s done for me so not trying to cause any problems but I just wanted it to get it out there that maybe if someone is having problems with him maybe they just need to talk to him personally instead of bashing him publicly On a form that is priceless on information and help on these bikes just saying:thanks

Old 09-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by djivery View Post
Sorry I’m brand new to this form but I have seen a lot of negative comments about Manny from TX Powersports on here and I really don’t understand why people are giving him so much crap I’ve bought three of the brand new DLX hawks from him and plan on purchasing two more and if I needed anything whatsoever I call him he answers my phone calls the same day I text him he returns my text the same days I email him and he returns my emails the same Day and if I need any parts he gets a hold of RPS and the part show up at my door with no problem in my opinion on the man, he’s a great guy and I appreciate everything he’s done for me so not trying to cause any problems but I just wanted it to get it out there that maybe if someone is having problems with him maybe they just need to talk to him personally instead of bashing him publicly On a form that is priceless on information and help on these bikes just saying:thanks
Happy to see you had good experience with him. Probably 95% of his customers are probably happy dealing with him and never had any problems. The problem has been he's not consistent on customer service. It's that 5% of bad customer service that will hurt your business. If you read through the bad post on here then you will understand. Anyway start up a thread and post up some pics and comments on your new Hawk DXL.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #25

I've bought 2 bikes from TXpowersports and haven't had an issue, but maybe I just got lucky because neither have required any warranty work. But I have read some horror stories on here and fb so...

Old 09-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #26

Welcome dj, post some pixs and write up s for us on the dlx ok

welcome aboard!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #27

I just purchased the Hawk DLX. Titled and plated it yesterday. Looking forward to putting some miles on it this weekend but it is supposed to rain all weekend here. Guess I will get muddy.

Please check the MotoCheez review thread on this bike - I put some info in this thread. I will keep every one posted on the bike.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:17 AM   #28

All three are running strong and they have been an absolute blast all three bikes have over 1000 miles on the clock mine is the black dlx and we had some issues with it and Manny at TXpowerSports basically sent me every single electronic component but nothing worked and I was still getting 6-8 trouble code with the scanner that they sold me for the bike and I was really frustrated but manny was doing everything he could do to help me up to the point that they were going to just send me a replacement bike then to much surprise I figured it was all due to the fuel pump relay down by the fuses was bad. I went to the local O’Reillys and bought a new one which I’m sure I could have just called Manny and he would’ve sent me one but I was to excited to ride and just bought it there and all problems solved. It was really nice to have three bikes to be able to pull parts off and switch out to be able to find the issue. That’s another thing to. You can by three of them and still not have paid as much for one jap bike and the whole family gets to have fun together. Thanks Manny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1C247EA2-B2E1-4060-8F46-592395B99858.jpg (20.1 KB, 551 views)
File Type: jpg 5E9E6CAF-C8D0-455F-92A2-AD9D6C746EAD.jpg (19.8 KB, 552 views)
File Type: jpg 1698F460-2360-4EBD-AC49-E55073E9B748.jpg (19.6 KB, 543 views)

Old 10-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #29

How much was the scanner?
What plugs on the end?
Are you the chap that bought a couple of my racks from eBay?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #30

Dlx

It sounds like the DLX will have a workable EFI system, not totally great, but doable. I would be interested to know if TXPS would sell the EFI parts in the event the moto was out of warranty. I will have to call down there and find out.

I am interested to see how motocheez fares with the DLX.

I am sure if CSC was to offer one, I am sure there would be great customer support.

I am considering one as well.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD