Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #1

Trailmaster TM38EX Specs?

Hello Everyone,

New TM38EX owner here. I just put the bike together and noticed that it came to me low on oil. I'm super picky about maintenance, and I don't really trust the oil that it shipped with, so I figure I'll just change the oil before I fire it up. Does anyone know what oil filter this bike takes and any suggestions on best 10w-40 for the bike? I haven't checked the ailr filter yet but thats my next move. It also seems to have shipped with a loose chain, so I'll need to adjust that as well. Overall, it wasn't too bad to assemble but I wish I had the torque values for stuff. Right now, its all "gutntight".

Old 05-06-2024, 08:27 PM   #2

OK, an update for anyone interested. I found a great youtube video, from a guy who posted a bunch of upgrades for the TM38: In the upgrades he lists the oil filter and filter element:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am going to give them a try with some Valvoline 10w-40 motorcycle oil, lets see what happens .

Old 05-07-2024, 10:02 AM   #3

I've had my tm38ex for a month or so and love it. I did change the oil after an hour, but be SURE to buy Motorcycle oil, since it is a wet clutch. Also, re-check tightness of all nuts and bolts after an hour or so. (also use blue loctite) I replaced the MX only tires with Tusk dual sport tire and they are great. My only wish is to find a 47 or 48 tooth rear sprocket to make it more comfortable on the road. (Help anyone?) Oh, the airfilter is shipped dry so be sure to oil it!