Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2018, 02:18 PM   #1

Hrm, any chance the RX3 could be fitted with a dual-sprocket setup? It's a common mod on the TW200, and it's something that was fitted to a lot of enduros back in the 70s.

Charles.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Hrm, any chance the RX3 could be fitted with a dual-sprocket setup? It's a common mod on the TW200, and it's something that was fitted to a lot of enduros back in the 70s.

Charles.
Sure, it could be done. I just don't know of anyone who has ventured there.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:11 PM   #3

Here's a few things you can do!

Here are a few cool mods you can buy from me and I will ship worldwide!
300cc upgrade
320mm Front brake and caliper 4 pot
ABS system
Clucth kit and pretty much anything you might need for your RX3 and I will do my best to match or better any online deal.

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post

Charles.
My experience with dual sprockets has been misalignment--either one sprocket or the other is misaligned too much, or both sprockets are misaligned not quite so much. I then tried swapping out one sprocket or the other and multiple master links and chain sections. What a hassle remembering what goes with what, and weird noises from uneven wear on various components. I took to keeping a complete final drive for each ratio and just swapped them out, but that was simply not pratical when I discovered TWs. I did fit one bike with custom countershafts and twin wheels chosen so the same chain would fit both sets. SWEET! Finally, I discovered the best solution was different bikes tweeked for different purposes.

I could probably get by with misaligned sprockets today since I could line up the set used 99% of the time and misalignment wouldn't be that big a deal 1% of the time.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #5

Oh, I bought an electronic flasher to "modulate" my new LED headlights between high and low beam. Can't wait to get home and try it out.