Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2015, 06:14 AM   #1

Unsubscribing and closing an account

Forum admin question. How do I close my account and leave the forum please I can find no reference in the FAQ to how to leave the forum and cancel registration.
Please don't take this as an insult - it's just that I have been forced to leave the world of Motorcycle Riding for ever because of a serious accident when I was hit at 40mph by a car with driver slumped over the wheel unconscious. I lost most of my right leg and badly injured my right arm as well as double fracture of pelvis. I won't ever ride again and it took me 20 weeks in hospital to be fit enough to go home.

My wonderful Sky Team V-Raptor that was brand new is no more - it flew with me through the air and landed 30 feet (9 metres) away and thanks to the Devon Air Ambulance crew expert team they got me to hospital very quickly which saved my life. I am sorry not to be able to contribute to the forum any more.
Sad but that's the nature of the cosmic fly swat. It got me but thankfully at age 68 and not 38 so I have had 52 years of riding - it doesn't owe me much.
Best wishes to all on the forum I wish you all safe and happy riding.
--
Plado

Old 12-17-2015, 06:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plado View Post
Forum admin question. How do I close my account and leave the forum please I can find no reference in the FAQ to how to leave the forum and cancel registration.
Please don't take this as an insult - it's just that I have been forced to leave the world of Motorcycle Riding for ever because of a serious accident when I was hit at 40mph by a car with driver slumped over the wheel unconscious. I lost most of my right leg and badly injured my right arm as well as double fracture of pelvis. I won't ever ride again and it took me 20 weeks in hospital to be fit enough to go home.

My wonderful Sky Team V-Raptor that was brand new is no more - it flew with me through the air and landed 30 feet (9 metres) away and thanks to the Devon Air Ambulance crew expert team they got me to hospital very quickly which saved my life. I am sorry not to be able to contribute to the forum any more.
Sad but that's the nature of the cosmic fly swat. It got me but thankfully at age 68 and not 38 so I have had 52 years of riding - it doesn't owe me much.
Best wishes to all on the forum I wish you all safe and happy riding.
--
Plado
Sorry Plado best wish and take care

Old 12-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #3

wow, I feel for you having something so traumatic happen. Sounds like you have a healthy outlook so I wish you the best.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #4

Plado very sorry to hear this and wish you all the best.

Adjuster

/

Old 12-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #5

There is a fellow on another forum that lost a leg to a car that rides a scooter with a trike kit, I could get you an address if interested. John.

I sure hate to see any one blocked from riding. Good luck.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

Despite being a moderator, I don't know the answer to your question. I could certainly take it to the owner, if you wish.

That said, if you wish to remain a member of this forum, we would be pleased to benefit from your wisdom and 52 years of riding experience. If it's too emotionally painful for you, that's certainly understandable.

Prayers sent on your behalf for comfort and peace.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-17-2015, 03:01 PM   #7
Administrator

That's terrible, so sorry to hear about your accident. I wish you the very best and continued health.

Like Weldangrind already said, we'd love for you to stick around and contribute in other ways if you could, but if not, it's completely understandable. There's really no way to 'close' an account.. normally one would just not visit a site anymore if they don't want to be a part of it, for whatever reason. To stop receiving any email from the forum, visit your User CP > Edit Options > Receive email from Administrators (uncheck that box).

Take care.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #8

If you have decided that its time to give it up then that's your choice, but if you really want to ride don't let it stop you. I've seen a few fellows and gals like this:

Old 12-19-2015, 01:36 AM   #9

Hello Plado.

Its difficult to write anything which doesn´t read or hear like a bad joke to you.

However. You are still alive. Your mind still sound. Whatever you decide to do, Id´ be glad if you contribute your experience in this forum

And if you decide to take up the fight....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Barr_(motorcyclist)

whishing all the best.

Juergen

Liberte Egalite Fraternite !