Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #1

Engine Identification ???

I would appreciate any comments that would contribute to the engine identification of my Chinese 125cc bike purchased in Philippines. The importer and dealer is Motorstar. They buy bikes broken down and assemble them here in the Philippines so the import tax is lower, and hence the bikes are at a much lower price.

Reading the manual (a joke) it says the carb is a CZ25. What really threw me was in addition to telling me to change the motor oil after 300Km first time than 1000Km thereafter with a 15W40, it said to also change the gear oil with a #10 gear oil.
Maybe I assumed all wrong but thought the motor oil was for the engine, gears, and clutch.
I may have to remove all the shrouds around the engine so I can see if there are letters stamped on the engine some place. I read on the internet you can identify the mfg. by letter codes.

"ENGINE IDENT for CHINESE BIKES
Generic Chinese engines tend to be easier because there is a stamp on the side of the engine case.
For Chinese Common Engines
50cc 2-stroke D1E41QMB02, D1E41QMB, H1E41QMB and 1E41QMB model engines
250cc 4-stroke CN250 water-cooled 172mm
Linhai 260 - Sunright / Diamo / PSF
All Generic Type Air Engines 150cc and 125cc GY6 QMI152/157 QMJ152/157 4-stroke
All Generic Type Air Engines for 50cc 2-stroke 1PE40QMB Minarelli based engine."
"The factories use different pre fixes say QJ for Qjiangjiang or QMA, ZMD will be Zongshen. The first number is the number of cylinders, the second, a P, is code for a horizontal engine. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS IN THE SAME PLACE. Check above the engine, next to the seat. Some brands have the number plate on the upper rear side of the belt cover. GY6 engines are on the fron, bottom, left had side near the centerstand pivot."

"The cylinder or engine numbers are also located in the description itself. The next 2 numbers, 39, is the bore diameter in mm, 39mm bore. The next letter, F, indicates that it is natural (not forced) air-cooled style. The next letter designates that it is a motorcycle engine "M". The next letter reveals the full engine displacement. B is code for a 50. C for a 60, D for a 70, F for a 90, G for a 100, H for a 110, I for a 125, J for a 150, and so forth.
QMA139 or QMB139 would be the standard GY6 50cc.
140EQMB is the standard JOG copy of the Minarelli Yamaha Air Cooled engine but with a 12mm pin for anything made in China or Taiwan after 2005. "

My engine ser no is 1P54FMHxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but I believe the Letter mfg code is somewhere else. I actually have a 52.4mm X 57mm Bore$Stroke
Actually 2 questions, 1st is about the gear oil????? and second any idea on the mfg. This has a semiautomatic transmission. I read somewhere the Honda knockoff E22 for ATV's is a horizontal mount and CZ25 carb, and can come with a semi automatic tranny. I want to buy or download a manual so when I need it I have it.