Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #811

I do like the dark look.

Haven't touched my bike in over a week, was traveling and then had an insane work week. I'm hoping to install a new clamp for the TPMS display (it broke), and possibly the LED driving lamps that just arrived. Although I forgot to get tube clamps, and have no idea if they are available locally. Maybe I'll just do the relay and wiring for them.

Any opinions on wiring them to the high beam versus wiring them to the A1/A2 switch? I would think they will only run with high beams, and always run with them? Or I could do a relay that only activates with the high switch AND A1 turned on. That would allow one-handed dimming for oncoming cars, and also be able to run the high beam with no driving lamps.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
I do like the dark look.

Haven't touched my bike in over a week, was traveling and then had an insane work week. I'm hoping to install a new clamp for the TPMS display (it broke), and possibly the LED driving lamps that just arrived. Although I forgot to get tube clamps, and have no idea if they are available locally. Maybe I'll just do the relay and wiring for them.

Any opinions on wiring them to the high beam versus wiring them to the A1/A2 switch? I would think they will only run with high beams, and always run with them? Or I could do a relay that only activates with the high switch AND A1 turned on. That would allow one-handed dimming for oncoming cars, and also be able to run the high beam with no driving lamps.
Run thru a relay! Safer bet
I’d think it’s illegal not to have them wired if high beam too but check local laws

Old 11-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #813

I absolutely will run a relay, always, on all vehicles when I add lights (like my Jeep). But the question is whether to have them activated by the high beams, or separately. Having just the high beams activate them makes it easy; all on or all off. Two switches gives more choices, but if there's an oncoming vehicle I have to turn off two switches, on two sides of the bars.

I'm kind of inclined to go with the high beam activation (through a relay).

Old 12-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #814

First, add a relay control to your stock high beam AFTER the high/low switch for the stock high beam. Then wire a second relay in parallel for your auxiliary circuit. OEM switch and wires will handle 2 relays easy. One switch, both circuits. You can then run your auxiliary relay control circuit through your right side switch to break the auxiliary circuit when you don't want to run them with the high beams. Result is high beam will be on the stock switch, auxiliaries will also be on the stock switch, but the second switch will also have to be on to illuminate them. That way all three will dim for incoming traffic, a very kind and thoughtful idea. Thank you.

I should post drawings of such things. Same questions over and over.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #815

The actual electrical part is super simple. I am just wondering what's most convenient operationally. On with high beams gives less choice, but always works with flash to pass and single button control. Having the A1 switch also in the mix so you can keep them off with high beams is a decent compromise.

As far as what I did today, nothing complex, put a new mount on the bars to hold the TPMS display. The cheap one it came with broke. This is a solid mount that is easy on/off...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 12-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #816

Attached the windshield air deflector, installed the LED driving lamps (but not wired), and added mirror offsets.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:38 AM   #817

Mirror Ofset I like it... where did you bought it from? online?

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap

Old 12-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #818

I suggest the phone mount to be moved on the windshield bolts by using the morror mount for the system

Old 12-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I suggest the phone mount to be moved on the windshield bolts by using the morror mount for the system
I did a test fit and hated it there. I really like it on the bars. Much closer reach, and much less vibration.

The mirror extensions are all over, in various configurations. I ended up with these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They do a few things for me. I found the mirrors just slightly too inward for my shoulders with my gear on. Also I tend to sit slightly leaned forward for back comfort, and they were too close. So I put the extenders in an out-forward angle to help with both. And they add just a bit of height.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:55 PM   #820

Calvarez, thanks for sharing your add-ons, I have already the shield and the mirror extensions on my amazon cart.
By the way, anyone has added a water bottle holder and from where you got it.

Thanks

Old 12-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #821

You guys are a wealth of ideas!

More small parts that once the post office gets their crap in orders I can add to the online store
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F59727D7-6E4F-4543-9B01-32DD609B88DE.jpg (14.6 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg 52045E7A-F4FA-4D7F-8EEF-A03F443EF615.jpg (9.9 KB, 271 views)

Old 12-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #822

I found this optional windscreen - pic shows the general idea from stock to the bigger screen, higher and a little wider by the looks.

Ok translated better details:

Height is plus 10cm, 15cm, 20cm, 25cm compared to stock.
All are 6cm ish wider compared to stock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX3 windshield.jpg (9.5 KB, 442 views)

Old 12-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #823

Hi Guys

Anyone has used handle bar risers?
I found these on Amazon

Let me know any comments so I can buy them.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7GBZOK/?coliid=I3AJYS6KS9PBXN&colid=13JVTOO04Z6KS&psc=0&r ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Old 12-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #824

I believe that these are what I used for my 2015 RX3.
The 15's have different, tapered bars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #825

2LZ on CSC web site they sell the 7/8" , you bought the 1 1/8", now I am double guessing what should I buy. I am not savvy on measurements and dont have tool to measure my handle bar.