Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #1

Used prices?

The RX3 costs most folks( with accessories) over $4K.

What are the actual resale prices that used RX3 have sold for?

I hear $2700 for RX3 with just a few thousand miles. What is your area of the country, and what are the actual used prices?

Thanks

Old 12-30-2016, 08:28 PM   #2

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, Dave. I'm baffled why yours hasn't sold yet.

Have you talked with CSC to ask if they will sell on consignment for you?

Old 12-31-2016, 09:56 AM   #3

I honestly don't know what the prices are. I think your bike is the only one I've noticed for sale in the last year. That said, maybe you need to just change the way you are selling it. I mean, CSC sold us on the fact that we can do our own maintenance with a full service manual that walks you through step by step. Maybe you should redo your marketing to pull attention to that. In addition to this forum. Also, quote some customers regarding the great support from CSC.

People are always afraid of the unknown. Those were the reasons I bought mine.

Maybe you thought of this already, IDK...but thought I would chime in.

Cheers!

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-31-2016, 11:33 AM   #4

Dave, most motorcycles are sold in greater volume than the RX3 and thus have more used ones being sold. It appears that about 400 RX3s have been sold so far (in two years). Most will have pretty low miles on them and I suspect at least 70% are now less than a year old. Thus, very few used bikes to compare with. In that case the selling price is simply what the buyer offers since you cannot say "Hey, one just like this one recently sold for $XXXX so that's a fair price for mine." Consignment through CSC might be your best bet, particularly if you dislike dealing with the tire kickers out there. I have not been happy with trying to sell a vehicle off Craig's List or the local newspaper ad, you might have a better experience. I will offer this: most buyers are only going to look at the MSRP of the bike. That's not what you actually paid or what optional stuff you paid for. The caller will then factor some % of depreciation and consider that to be a fair price for a used machine. I had a Stelvio for sale and all the extras were simply my loss and the buyers gain. Oh, and I still have the Stelvio.

Peter Y.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #5

Peter, well said!

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-31-2016, 02:36 PM   #6

I'd suggest the consignment avenue also. As Peter said, I've had nothing but nightmares trying to sell things on CL. I've also had guys bring their girlfriends out to "test ride" my bike for sale, just so they could show their girlfriends what great riders they are or how well they can abuse a used Yamaha.

I've never been comfortable with having people I didn't know come to my house, also. At least at CSC, you may eat a little for the consignment service, but at least it's shown there, under supervision, and it's locked up safe every night.

Something to think about.........

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #7

Good Results on Craig's List

I've had very good results selling my last SEVEN used bikes on Craig's List and/or the Forum websites of the brand and model I was offering for sale.
Some sell very rapidly, others take a little more time, depnding on the time of year. Winter seems to be the worst time to sell a used bike, or new, (ask a dealer)! Posting lots of photos and information is VERY helpful!
Good luck with your sale!
1CW

Old 12-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #8

Head Scratching Sell Off Accessories

I forgot to mention that you should remove and sell separately any easily removed accessories before listing and photography your bike. Most buyers will not want to pay for your choice in accessories. Or list your bike for sale with two selling prices, one with and one without accessories. A lot of buyers are looking for a completely stock as possible bike, so that they can do their own modifications.
My last bike I sold was a 2013 NC700X that I removed the accessories and sold them separately for over $1,500.00. It's a hassle to remove accessories, and convert back to stock, but can be worth the trouble.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:04 PM   #9

There's one in the classifieds section on China Riders in So Cal for $2,850 obo.
I recently purchased our second "used" 2015 from a seller in Houston for $2,500 with only 160 miles on it about a month ago. No farkles on it except for hand guards and the power port. It had been out on Craigslist in Houston for a couple weeks. I was the first one to inquire about it.
There really aren't that many used Rx3's out there nation wide and the market for them is pretty narrow. Unless somebody knows what they are and is fairly close or willing to drive a little, it could be difficult to sell.
The consignment route thru CSC might be a good option.

Rojo .

Old 01-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #10

Also list it on AdventureRiders.com . I've sold a few bikes through that and it seems to get more "real" people who are looking for that particular bike and know about it, not just tire kickers looking for a deal. Theres an 2016 RX3 on there now for $3500, 150 miles in NY. rj

http://advrider.com/index.php?forums/bikes.52/

Old 02-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I've had very good results selling my last SEVEN used bikes on Craig's List and/or the Forum websites of the brand and model I was offering for sale.
Some sell very rapidly, others take a little more time, depnding on the time of year. Winter seems to be the worst time to sell a used bike, or new, (ask a dealer)! Posting lots of photos and information is VERY helpful!
Good luck with your sale!
1CW

Apparently I price my stuff way too cheap on CL... last 2 bikes I sold were only in a couple of hours.. Pics are great to grab a person's interest, but the price most times is what gets them to the door with the cash. No one wants to sell too cheaply but either you want to sell it or you don't. At least that's the way it's always worked for me.. Good luck

Old 02-02-2020, 02:15 AM   #12

I’m selling mine....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A3DA5B4F-DB22-45D4-92CD-393EA5C1908C.jpg (19.9 KB, 564 views)

Old 02-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #13

Is that price missing a zero?

Old 02-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #14

I stalked these bikes on CL and other places for quite some time. I watched bikes sit around for sale for months. They just don't sell, and I think it's because nobody is looking for them (not aware they exist). One near me, a 2015 with few add-ons and plastic luggage, was there for around six months at $2200. I ended up going after one in Los Angeles listed for $1500 and the guy took $1260. He was getting desperate to sell before a move. It's a 2016 with most of the options on it and metal luggage, 10k miles.

This is the only reason I'd buy one. There's little chance I'd pay new price for it, and absolutely zero chance I'd pay the RX4 price.

I've sold a few name-brand bikes on CL and mostly they took a few weeks. Seems normal and tells me the pricing was about right. I'll probably ride this one into the ground, there's just no reason for me not to keep a $1300 bike around forever.

Old 02-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #15

Gave $1900 for mine, decked out with 180 miles. Had to drive about 3 hours one way to get it, but well worth it. I would not sell it for that right now tho!
2016 RX3
2018 H-D FXLR
2018 Indian Scout
1986 Yamaha Radian
1986 Yamaha Fazer
1978 Yamaha XS650
1974 Yamaha TY250

Tags
rx3, used price