Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2021, 09:36 PM   #1

Need some advice....

So I'm looking to pick up a couple rides for my son and his girl. Both in college, broke as they can be, but damn good kids wanting something scoot around campus on, and play on the weekends. A few models have caught my eye, and generally it seems most online dealers carry pretty much the same brands, however this is where I'm having a bit concern.... What I want to know is you guys feedback on some online dealers that are not crooks. Sadly, it seems within the china bike market, online dealers that sell these things tend to be on the really shady side, or downright dark. It's a shame, because these bikes have a bad enough hill to climb on their own not being "elite", add to the fact shady dealers just ruin the whole image itself. Just wanting honest responses on dealers you've used, trust, and happy to pass along to a new guy. Funny too, it seems there is a shit load of dealers in TX???? Looking to snag a Tao, Apollo, those 2 really have caught the kids eyes..... Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Old 09-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #2

The only thing I can offer is my experience with a couple of "notorious" retailers. They all seem to have their own horror stories but here is my experience.
I had been looking at bikes for 4 years or so and with the stimulus payments, I was at last able to justify a purchase. Initially I bought a bike advertised by Texas power sports, (TXPS) as an "Nduro." The picture and description showed a BMS CRP motorcycle and the written description was a Brozz. Both of those bikes are in the ~$2000 range, so when I saw this for ~$1600 I jumped on it. Needless to say, a few days later when I called about my purchase they said they were "sorry" but it was "out of stock!" I knew immediately it was a bait and switch and canceled my order (I also paid with PayPal so it was easy). That really left a BAD taste in my mouth; I saw a Bashan BSR250 for sale at Powersportsmax for $1250...and everything went smoothly - contrary to all the horrible reviews this company has accumulated. I'm glad I bought when I did as the prices seem to be trending up. I personally love this bike. It's quality and workmanship are excellent and I have had ZERO issues. (Unless they were of my own making!)

Here is a link to my build:http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28936

Here are 2 photos of the BSR I bought and the last 2 are from TXPS advertising page:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210718_131354.jpg (70.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg 20210604_155548.jpg (79.6 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg 20210418_093354.jpg (168.6 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg 20210418_092850.jpg (35.3 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by stewbrash; 09-06-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:24 PM   #3

ExMxer...here is the link that I posted back in June about TXPS:http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...61603#poststop

Old 09-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #4

Thanks Stew! Can't get over how many shady dealers that are out there.....

Old 09-10-2021, 07:32 AM   #5

I can say that my whole arrangement with Venom Motorsports USA was seamless. They were a class act the entire time I dealt with them. Bike arrived in perfect shape, the paperwork arrived with it, I had no issues with titling it, and their communication was great. No shady business at all. Bike runs perfectly with zero issues.

IG: @TyGuyProductions

Old 09-11-2021, 08:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
I can say that my whole arrangement with Venom Motorsports USA was seamless. They were a class act the entire time I dealt with them. Bike arrived in perfect shape, the paperwork arrived with it, I had no issues with titling it, and their communication was great. No shady business at all. Bike runs perfectly with zero issues.
I will def keep them in mind, as of last night the only DS they were offering was the Xpect, and it's not on my radar. Hopefully in the near future their stock will increase.