Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #1

Pazoma 37L panniers on ebay

Has anyone tried them? $250 shipped from a seller with US stock (he comes and goes, just sold out but he'll have more in a couple weeks). The dimensions are massive - 43cm tall and 46cm wide. Curious if anyone has used them and has pics or reviews?

Charles.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #2

I see them for $266 plus $166 for shipping from China. The look very similar to the Tourfella bags from CSC. Note that you still need to install racks. The CSC set comes with racks and the top case for $849. For the price the Pazoma set appears to be a good deal, particularly if you can make your own racks. I have Tourfella and am quite happy with the product. The CSC racks are tough and someone else has already done the R&D to make them fit. I'd hate to go to all that trouble just to have the darn bags fall off when my home made racks fail.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Has anyone tried them? $250 shipped from a seller with US stock (he comes and goes, just sold out but he'll have more in a couple weeks). The dimensions are massive - 43cm tall and 46cm wide. Curious if anyone has used them and has pics or reviews?

Charles.
How about a link?

Old 03-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #4

The ebay ads are for lots of different bikes but usually look like this:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycl...IMG_1688-M.jpg

Note that the buyer must make his own mount from the supplied oval 'bracket' to the bike.

You can do a search for Pazoma panniers.

FWIW, a guy in the US makes similar boxes in his garage and has done some for the RX3. His Facebook page is here: www.facebook.com/gosolobox

I have no connection to either.

Peter Y.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #5

Wow. This is the listing. For the last month or so they were selling for $249 with free shipping. When stock hit 10 units left, the price dropped to $189 + free shipping. Then the auction ended. Now I see it's back, but priced at $378.99!! So, not as great a deal anymore. Makes the Tusk look like a better option.

Here's the link I was using: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...19.m1438.l2649

Charles.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #6

I have silver Tusk panniers from Rocky Mountain ATV in large size for $280 shipped. I also bought the carrying straps. There's a lot of accessories available for them on the website. There's a lot of vids about them on youtube.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...minum-Panniers

Old 03-03-2018, 11:45 PM   #7

Peter, Eric at Solobox has NOT done boxes for the RX3. He asked me to ride up and he looked over the bike but stated that he's never had anyone ask him for boxes for the RX3 and he felt that there wouldn't be enough demand since the tourfella luggage already was available. Lately Eric has branched out with a focus on high end bikes. He lives about 90 min from me.

Joe

Old 03-07-2018, 03:01 AM   #8

I've been ignoring the Tusk panniers because I hate the lid. I want a hinged lid, not one that can fly off and disappear because a latch jarred loose. But maybe I need to reconsider. The medium size would work better for my application... the Pazoma bags just LOOK better. The Tusk panniers look like they belong in the hot bar at a whole foods, not on a motorcycle.

Charles.