Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2022, 02:35 PM   #1

Lifan xpect sticky tachometer

I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or have any suggestions on how to go about fixing it.
I just bought a xpect and have ridden it 300 miles so far with no issues but today on my way back from work I noticed the tachometer was severely off (it was working on my way to work). It seems to be just the mechanical tachometer as the lights under the tachometer are working right still. Occasionally the tack was in the right place but for the most part it was usually low. I turned the bike on and off a few times to see what that would do and the little wave the tach does when you turn it on was very choppy. I wouldn’t really care but I can’t see the lights under the tach in the sun and there is so much wind noise I can’t really tell what rpm the bike is at. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-03-2022, 03:26 PM   #2

Mine does something very similar when it very hot outside...like in the 90's. Has never happened when it is "cooler."

Old 06-03-2022, 10:19 PM   #3

My suspicion would be that there’s an electronics problem. Or a wiring problem. That’s the easiest to diagnose.

I damaged my gauge cluster and have had it completely apart. The tachometer needle is run by a circuit board under that. It’s all one piece. You can replace the whole thing if you think that’s what’s faulty, but I would start looking at the wires that go between the gauge cluster and everywhere else that they run to. I’m not sure where the pick up is for the tachometer, but the wire between the gauge cluster and that pick up is probably your best bet. Check to see if it hasn’t grounded out or worn through somewhere.

There is a wiring diagram in the manual that is pretty good.

Old 06-21-2022, 11:22 AM   #4

Speedo and tach

Is there a upgrade speedo/ tach available? I just ordered my xpect 200 and read none of the speedo are accurate.

Old 06-21-2022, 12:44 PM   #5

How accurate do you want to be, my X-pect seems 2 MPH faster than my GPS speed which is fine by me.

Tags
help!, lifan xpect, rpm, xpect