Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2019, 12:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
If only...

BTW, it's a crapshoot here in November. Could be mowing the lawn on Saturday, could be shoveling snow on Sunday.
Well, if you want to make your way out here (perhaps even with the Missus), I have a Ural stashed somewhere in the garage you're welcome to use.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-29-2019, 12:32 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I may or may not have a bike for the ride. I mentioned my Subaru which you think might be doable, but I didn't mention it is an Impreza car, and in no way has any of the off-roadish features like found on an Outback or even that newer model, the Crosstrek, has. So, I figured I would trade my son that weekend for his Tacoma pickup as he complains about the crappy gas mileage he gets. This is assuming I won't have a bike by then, which is probably more likely the case. So, the good thing is we have a truck. The only glitch is my son might be working in Florence, so I would have to drive out that way from Yuma to trade vehicles before the ride. I really hope I have a bike by then...
I think the car would make the easy route. There are a few washes though that depending on ground clearance If you want to chance that.

Old 09-29-2019, 12:44 AM   #33

From the planned staging area to meetup. The ride from that location to Wickenburg is about 48 miles one way. It will take about 2 hours to reach Wickenburg on the planned route. Today I did a full loop and my mileage was about 112 miles round trip. One tank of gas no problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190928_140422.jpg (97.1 KB, 1319 views)
File Type: jpg 20190928_141423.jpg (96.7 KB, 1335 views)
File Type: jpg 20190928_121331.jpg (98.3 KB, 1301 views)

Old 09-30-2019, 03:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
From the planned staging area to meetup. The ride from that location to Wickenburg is about 48 miles one way. It will take about 2 hours to reach Wickenburg on the planned route. Today I did a full loop and my mileage was about 112 miles round trip. One tank of gas no problem.
I was out that way on saturday morning, I have a 2 acre plot of land about 7 miles south of wickenburg that we're going to build on. it looks a lot like the 3rd picture you posted, the occotillos were very green
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 09-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #35

Really looking forward to this ride.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-30-2019, 11:06 PM   #36

I doubt I will have my bike by the ride, BUT I look forward to meeting you guys in person!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-30-2019, 11:28 PM   #37

Quote:
I doubt I will have my bike by the ride, BUT I look forward to meeting you guys in person!
So far the Hawk and DR are spoken for. If you don't have a two-wheeled conveyance by then, and want to do the ride on two wheels, let me know. I may drag the Ural out on the trip, let you ride the Hawk, and my buddy will hop on the DR. You would have to come down to Southwest Phoenix and pick the Hawk up, though. I don't have a means to drag all the bikes up there. Cheesy also has an open invitation to commandeer the Ural, but I'm not sure if he's up to making the trip out this way for a day's worth of riding.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-01-2019, 12:20 AM   #38

I REALLY appreciate the offer, but hate the idea of laying someone's bike down. I really don't mind doing the run in my car (actually, probably will hate that) or my son's pickup (would MUCH prefer that).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #39

Great pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! When my folks lived in Yuma, I wanted to explore around the area, but didn't have a chance.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-02-2019, 12:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
I was out that way on saturday morning, I have a 2 acre plot of land about 7 miles south of wickenburg that we're going to build on. it looks a lot like the 3rd picture you posted, the occotillos were very green
it was super green! must have got some good rain last week

Old 10-02-2019, 12:34 PM   #41

Quote:
I REALLY appreciate the offer, but hate the idea of laying someone's bike down. I really don't mind doing the run in my car (actually, probably will hate that) or my son's pickup (would MUCH prefer that).
it might be wise to keep to the easy trail route as the rider skills is beginner level. im definitelynot a prfessional rider and will lay a hawk or brozz down either due to loose sand or picking a line and not able to hold it and run into trouble.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #42

ride time

Based on recent ride time i already did. we can start the ride from a meetup location not so early. probably 8 or 9am instead of 6am

Old 10-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #43

Quote:
it might be wise to keep to the easy trail route as the rider skills is beginner level. im definitelynot a prfessional rider and will lay a hawk or brozz down either due to loose sand or picking a line and not able to hold it and run into trouble.
good idea, I'm most definitely a beginner
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 10-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Based on recent ride time i already did. we can start the ride from a meetup location not so early. probably 8 or 9am instead of 6am
Music, have you put together an itinerary for the ride yet? Meet at this location at such and such time, roll out at this time, x-time for the ride to Wickenburg, Lunch at such and such place, then ride back at this time? I think that would be a big help for planning purposes, and I'm happy to help out with anything you need.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Music, have you put together an itinerary for the ride yet? Meet at this location at such and such time, roll out at this time, x-time for the ride to Wickenburg, Lunch at such and such place, then ride back at this time? I think that would be a big help for planning purposes, and I'm happy to help out with anything you need.
i have that info and i was waiting to see if there was any riders going to camp at the HOVpark. it looks like no riders for that. So, it will be easier anyway to go ahead and setup only the one metup staging location. is there anyone that will be trailuring their bike to a meetup staging location? i will just be riding my bike all the way.

Tags
250, wickenburg