Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #46

OK, seems clear to me based on my experience and Keith's that the problem with the Tourfella mounts is on the factory end. I'm going to send an email to CSC asking that they try to correct this issue with the factory.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 12-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #47

Two ideas for an entrepreneur - I may do them myself, but not soon.
1. A plate that mounts to the left Tourfella rack for mounting one or two tool tubes in the open space between the rack and the wheel.
2. A toolbox that mounts in that space - like this one:
http://www.advdesigns.com/rurelotoforb1.html
I have sent this idea to Tourfella via aliexpress.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
Two ideas for an entrepreneur - I may do them myself, but not soon.
1. A plate that mounts to the left Tourfella rack for mounting one or two tool tubes in the open space between the rack and the wheel.
2. A toolbox that mounts in that space - like this one:
http://www.advdesigns.com/rurelotoforb1.html
I have sent this idea to Tourfella via aliexpress.
The toolbox behind the rack will not work with the Tourfella mounts, well not that close to the frame. The Tourfella clips inside the frame about 1/2" deep. But tool tubes could be done.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #49

Bumping this back up...I'm considering ordering the Tourfella luggage, and would like to hear from those of you who have used it for awhile. Other than the issues mentioned in this thread, have any of you had any other problems?
Would you buy this set again, or try something else?

Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #50

Mine have performed as expected. Sturdy and waterproof. I remember now that I had to tighten down the lock mechanisms in all three boxes as they loosened from vibration over time. No danger of them falling out if the latch is closed as the latch prevents them from falling out.

I would purchase them again, even knowing the small mounting issue already discussed.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 10-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #51

Bumping this back up again, I got my RX3 with these panniers, but wondering how easy are they to remove?
I mean, if I will not use them during my daily commute, can I easily remove them and attach them again?

Old 10-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Bumping this back up again, I got my RX3 with these panniers, but wondering how easy are they to remove?
I mean, if I will not use them during my daily commute, can I easily remove them and attach them again?
Yes, with a qualification. On the top box, the knob for the locking lug is down at the bottom of the case, which depending on how much stuff you carry may make it hard to access in order to release the case. Similary for the side cases, if they are really full, you may have trouble getting to the knobs that loosen the lugs in order to release the cases. There is a member here who lives in China and has access to a lot of RX3 accessories, one of which is TourFella case bags that fit inside and allow you to easily lift out your things. This lets you leave them on the bike or in your case, easily remove them without having to remove a bunch of stuff. His user name is NzBrakelathes and there is a thread about them here:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22368

Old 10-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #53

Thanks a lot Working ZS

Old 10-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #54

The sides are easy once you get used to doing it. Mine were a bit sticky when I bought the bike at two years old. I sprayed the mount tabs and the rack with Honda polish, which made them slippery and easy. Also note that you should loosen the translucent white plastic nuts, then turn the gray knobs. My pea brain tried to just turn the knobs at first, thinking the nuts just held the mounts to the knobs. They are actually a lock nut.

My top case had broken mounts, and I replaced them with aluminum mounts from NzBrakelathes (forum member, standup guy, great parts source). Those are very tight, but the upside is that the case is more solidly mounted than with the stock plastic ones. It's a mild annoyance to deal with. I haven't yet tried filing a chamfer on them, but it's just not a terrible thing to deal with.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #55

Several nice accessories available for these boxes etc, here's some shameless marketing lol.

I am looking into opening an online store to take advantage of the cheap shipping from China - I can't get good prices as a local directly at the post office.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bags.jpg (95.9 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg Box cushions.jpg (75.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Side cases.jpg (12.3 KB, 130 views)

Old 10-27-2018, 07:49 PM   #56

Any news on your online store? Seems like a wonderful solution to the shipping costs with which you struggle.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Any news on your online store? Seems like a wonderful solution to the shipping costs with which you struggle.
My wife as a local can and me as a FOREINER can't. We are going to set up a shop on a website that we must agree and sign a contract for so I can get easy listings credit card payments and escrow and acsess to cheap shipping which we cannot do without it.
Getting their and it will be a way that people can use that portal to buy the smaller things (under 2Kg and ship in around 14-20 some days)

Aliexpress we must be a company and their fee costs USD$1700 a year but I am not at that level now - maybe later etc.
Bigger items with DHL I have a good source for sending and even sending engines seems possible and at a total price to your door competitive compared to the USA importers and I will have more options or higher HP motors (Air cooled) for simular money as in the USA

Old 10-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
My wife as a local can and me as a FOREIGNER can't. We are going to set up a shop on a website that we must agree and sign a contract for so I can get easy listings credit card payments and escrow and access to cheap shipping which we cannot do without it.
Getting their and it will be a way that people can use that portal to buy the smaller things (under 2Kg and ship in around 14-20 some days)

Aliexpress we must be a company and their fee costs USD$1700 a year but I am not at that level now - maybe later etc.
Bigger items with DHL I have a good source for sending and even sending engines seems possible and at a total price to your door competitive compared to the USA importers and I will have more options or higher HP motors (Air cooled) for similar money as in the USA

Old 10-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #59

Head Scratching What’s Up?

NzB,
You must really be side tracked by your worries. Check below this posting and you’ll see your DUPLICATE!
Good luck with your online store. It’s always a slow start up if you’re low on finances.
Take care,
1CW

Old 10-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
NzB,
You must really be side tracked by your worries. Check below this posting and you’ll see your DUPLICATE!
Good luck with your online store. It’s always a slow start up if you’re low on finances.
Take care,
1CW
Internet is slow n crappy and I think I push GO twice lol!

Actually the hardest part is getting other people to do their job or task right (My wife included) and yeah I was once well off but now not so yet I do not mind and I am as happy with or without it.
My success is having other people with correct stuff and no dramas for them and if I make some or lots of money either is OK, I am not a greedy man