Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2024, 07:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I used the black one, but it's the same coil. Yes, definitely an improvement, especially if you run a wider plug gap like the .9mm pregapped iridium.
I bought the black Nibbi for my TBR7 last year , because I had developed a miss, that I think was either mud up on the connection terminal of the stock coil, or a bad ground. I had it fixed, and working, but still installed the new coil. I didn't know it was the same as the yellow one. I just bought it because it was a good bit cheaper. When I say I can't complain, I mean the Hawk runs really good, other than the fact that it is a bit more pain in the neck to warm up. It fires right up after sitting for days. Just choke it and as soon as it cranks it starts, but when I push the choke ( enrichment) back down, it is way choppier , and rougher than it was before I did the motor. It just seems like it takes more time before it runs smoothly at idle now, as compared to before I did the motor. After it's warmed up and has been ran , it's fine, other than sometimes if am at a light, and it's been idling , it will die at the first touch of throttle, like it suddenly starved for gas, but it starts right up again. Also when I say it runs good, and has good power for what it is, and for my weight, I really don't know if it could be better with a hotter coil, and a wider plug gap. None of my CG bikes were really efficient on gas for their displacement, but the Hawk has really been getting it's share of gasoline. A lot of it is probably the fact that I run it more on fast roads, but compared to the KPX, it gulps the gas. I don't know if a hotter coil would improve fuel economy. I guess I will order one though.