Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #1

Hello from Australia

Hello everybody.

This is a great forum. I've been reading a lot lately and going through the posts. I’ve learned so much, more than all the years I had my bike. Some great info. Wish I found this forum earlier. I have Zongshen LZX200 GY-2 it’s 06 model but got in 07. I can say that I am very happy with it. I did try to make this bike go faster going to different mechanics but they were unwilling or just didn’t want to bother. That's the only thing I am dissapointed about this bike. I did give up on it and just used it as it is. But now thanks to great people here and Spud I am starting to see some light. So that’s about it. My bike doesn’t have any modifications. Apart from painting plastic some of it in yellow.

Thank you

Old 02-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums

Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #3

gday mate, where you from? I'm an exPom in country vic, got a Kinlon 200 DS.
had some teething problems, nothing major and because of injury ive only done a couple of thousand km in a couple of years but that is off road as much as on. Good fun!

I changed the rear sprocket which helped with top speed, not sure anything else is really worth it on these things but always keep my eyes open for mods.

Yours is a well liked machine as you will have seen here. Lets have some pics eh?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #4

Nice to have another Aussie. Welcome to the forum. You have one of the best available Chinabikes there. Enjoy. We are looking forward to pictures of the bike in your riding area.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #5

Thank you Jim and FastDoc.

Hey Jape,
I live in mid north coast of nsw. I've never seen Kinlon 200 ds before. Looks similar to zongshen. I am also looking at changing front sprocket. Tried that before with a mechanic but he couldn't find it. I might have more luck this time. I have 15 tooth stock looking to change to 16 tooth. We'll see how it goes. Sorry to hear about your injury.

[img=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/438/img8028fi.th.jpg]

Hope this works. This image is from few months ago. Just before the spring i think. You can see the mountains in the background. Also rain in the distance.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #6

Nope

How about now.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #7

Re: Hello from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin
But now thanks to great people here and Spud I am starting to see some light.
Welcome! Glad you found us.

So, we have great people, and then there's Spud? I guess that makes him the King of great people.

I hope that you and your family have been safe throughout the terrible weather you've had lately.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #8

Nice pic and a great place to ride. I've not seen an yellow Zong before. Looks good!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #9

Re: Hello from Australia

Weldangrind wrote:
Quote:
I hope that you and your family have been safe throughout the terrible weather you've had lately.
Yes we have been very lucky. Not like Queensland. Weather is very unpredictable lately.

FastDoc wrote:
Quote:
Nice pic and a great place to ride. I've not seen an yellow Zong before. Looks good!
Thank you FastDoc. I am glad you like my artistic skills. True some nice offroad tracks to ride.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #10

Welcome to these forums, fellow Zongite! We are very glad you joined us. Thanks for posting the photo of your Zong; your bike looks great! You did a nice job painting the tank shroud yellow.

I'm curious; why do you want to to acquire a 16T, countershaft sprocket? My experience indicates the Zong sold in the United States if geared to high from the factory, so I usually recommend switching to a smaller countershaft sprocket.

In any event, a 16T, countershaft sprocket might be difficult to acquire. If you wish to gear you bike higher, I would recommend a smaller rear sprocket. You can learn a lot about Zong sprockets by reading the following thread.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=7565

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Welcome to these forums, fellow Zongite! We are very glad you joined us. Very Happy Thanks for posting the photo of your Zong; your bike looks great! You did a nice job painting the tank shroud yellow. Smile
Hi Spud!!! Thank you very much for warm welcome. You are very welcome. I am glad you like the paint job. I wanted to finish it with painting one more part but it takes a long time. So it will stay like that for now.

Quote:
I'm curious; why do you want to to acquire a 16T, countershaft sprocket? My experience indicates the Zong sold in the United States if geared to high from the factory, so I usually recommend switching to a smaller countershaft sprocket. Wink
I do understand your point. Well i think i do . I have to see if i can go faster with less rev. I will think about the smaller rear sprocket. I think it's a good idea. Spud! would you know if stock countershaft sprocket is 22mm. I think it is but i need an expert opinion. Here is the link of the website where i found this sprocket. http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com/...and-sprockets/

Spud i appreciate very much all the work you've put in researching this stuff and posting it here for us to read. With all this info it's so much easier. Believe it or not i wanted to make my Zong go faster since i got it, and after 3 plus years it will probably come to fruition. Hey better late then never.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #12

Quote:
...I have to see if i can go faster with less rev. I will think about the smaller rear sprocket. I think it's a good idea. Spud! would you know if stock countershaft sprocket is 22mm. I think it is but i need an expert opinion. Here is the link of the website where i found this sprocket. http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com/...and-sprockets/
The Zong employs a Yamaha, TW200 countershaft sprocket. The following drawing gives the dimensions of the Zong/TW200 sprocket.

Quote:
...Spud i appreciate very much all the work you've put in researching this stuff and posting it here for us to read. With all this info it's so much easier. Believe it or not i wanted to make my Zong go faster since i got it, and after 3 plus years it will probably come to fruition. Hey better late then never.
You're welcome. The stock, Zongshen muffler is very heavy, and highly restrictive. :( I think the least expensive, most effective method to increase the Zong's power is to install an aftermarket silencer, such as the FMF Universal Spark Arrestor.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=8587

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #13

Thank you Spud for the info. I started looking for rear sprocket 468 36T. See how i go.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Thank you Spud for the info. I started looking for rear sprocket 468 36T. See how i go.
Indeed, the JRT468 sprocket is available in 36T. Please do keep us updated.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #15

That is a straight cut from my post, i think this may be spam!!