Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2016, 05:46 PM   #1

New DC member waiting on a Hawk 250 twinpack

Just submitted my order for a twin pack of hawk 250 enduros from www.apscusa.com...wish me luck...it's my first time.

This forum was instrumental in my decision to give these china bikes a try.

Thanks for all the candid info about the carb replacement/adjustments, sprockets, etc...

It would be great to hear from any other riders in the DC/MD/NOVA Area.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. The 2 Hawks are his n hers?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:10 AM   #3

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

Welcome! I hope they give you many happy miles.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #5

A Twinpack! Awesome!

Anything worth doing is worth doing twice, I say!

Old 01-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Welcome to the forum. The 2 Hawks are his n hers?
Seemed like a better deal to get two.
I haven't owned a motorcycle sine 1991 so I'm making up for lost time.
The mrs won't even ride as a passenger and given Washington DC traffic I can't really blame her...but my 21 year old son might be (over)due to learn to ride.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco4arcs View Post
Seemed like a better deal to get two.
I haven't owned a motorcycle sine 1991 so I'm making up for lost time.
The mrs won't even ride as a passenger and given Washington DC traffic I can't really blame her...but my 21 year old son might be (over)due to learn to ride.
Most definitely over due to learn. I taught both of my boys to ride. they were 20 and 22 at the time. we started out on a Suzuki VX800 street bike, but these 250s would be great to learn on.

Have yours been delivered yet? I just ordered mine and this is going to be the longest 9 to 12 days in my life!

Old 01-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Most definitely over due to learn. I taught both of my boys to ride. they were 20 and 22 at the time. we started out on a Suzuki VX800 street bike, but these 250s would be great to learn on.

Have yours been delivered yet? I just ordered mine and this is going to be the longest 9 to 12 days in my life!
I am trying to be patient but i am still probably a week away from delivery... no matter as we are expecting a blizzard this weekend and i dont have a garage : (

I figure the dirtbike gearing and lightweight will be easier to learn clutch manipulation for a millenial that grew up in the city with automatic everything. maybe learning to ride will entice him to visit his old dad.

the waiting is the hardest part... but i am keeping busy helmet shopping and scouring craigslist for kryptonite chains so the hoods in my neighborhood dont snatch my scooters.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #9

Quote:
I am trying to be patient but i am still probably a week away from delivery... no matter as we are expecting a blizzard this weekend and i dont have a garage : (

I figure the dirtbike gearing and lightweight will be easier to learn clutch manipulation for a millenial that grew up in the city with automatic everything. maybe learning to ride will entice him to visit his old dad.

the waiting is the hardest part... but i am keeping busy helmet shopping and scouring craigslist for kryptonite chains so the hoods in my neighborhood dont snatch my scooters.
or do like I did and build a garage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garage 182.jpg (62.1 KB, 77 views)

Old 01-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
or do like I did and build a garage!
I'm seriously envious of that garage space. I have a row house in an urban area and am part of the gentrification of what most would consider a sketchy neighborhood. I have a patch of grass 24 x 10 out front and a parking pad 24ft wide and 20 ft deep out back on an ally. Zoning prohibits me from building a garage or even a car port over the space. City living isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #11

The farm life is nice. I do what I want. My tractor is about to get storage made from old pallets and used barn tin. I have two junk cars and two campers parked in my yard. Plus a 30x50 building full of my treasures.

No zoning. No worries.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #12

Quote:
I'm seriously envious of that garage space. I have a row house in an urban area and am part of the gentrification of what most would consider a sketchy neighborhood. I have a patch of grass 24 x 10 out front and a parking pad 24ft wide and 20 ft deep out back on an ally. Zoning prohibits me from building a garage or even a car port over the space. City living isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Just go ahead and have them shipped here to me. I will assemble them for you and keep them in the garage until u need them!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
The farm life is nice. I do what I want. My tractor is about to get storage made from old pallets and used barn tin. I have two junk cars and two campers parked in my yard. Plus a 30x50 building full of my treasures.

No zoning. No worries.
I'm thinking we all get together at your place!!!

Old 01-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #14

Delivery to the yrc freight terminal scheduled for 1/25...must be patient.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #15

yrc

sometimes they come in several days earlier to the local yrc terminal. if you have a pickup and or trailer, they will gladly let you come get them. sounds like u may be short of those, goodluck w your bikes.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking