Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2023, 11:23 AM   #1

I agree with Dan, I think most people are comfortble getting into something 1.5-2k USD on the premise that if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. Also if you have the patience to understand the wrenching side the CB clone bikes (and their more exotic Lifan cousins) are actually very, very good.

My assumption is CSC know what they're doing, and are running a playbook. Namely, gently growing their market, but I have to wonder if they're straying from the path a bit. The RX6 is a full-bore head-on challenger to a very busy market.

I always considered the RX3 the way Joe Berk does; a sort of gateway to a higher tier of Chinese quality, that is still cheap enough that you might just be tempted to not worry about the usual concerns of no dealer support and badge prestige. If it fulfils your requirements, you get a well-equipped bike that does all you need for an extremely modest price.

I'm not sure I can say that about the RX4 and upward, because to me they're in a different class in terms of size, weight, and cost. It's a dumb cliche to say "You can get a used Japanese bike for that!" because those bikes (here at least) are largely apocryphal, but the sentiment is correct: You're creeping towards the established market, and in the case of the RX6, you're right in it.