Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

American Lifan Dealer left me with a Un Licenseable bike...

*I posted this on American Lifans Customer forum as well*

Alright, the time has come to voice my concerns about New Athens PowerSports in New Athens IL.

I Went out of My way to the Next State to get this bike Solely on the fact it was a American Lifan and this was a actual Store front.

The Problems started when I mistakenly left my Drivers License at the store the day I bought my bike. I Had planned on going back nearby there in a week but he offered to mail it to me. I never got the License back and I Had to Pay for a new one. When I Finally got ahold of the guy he couldn't even remember the address he sent it to. < This right here should have been my first clue about the guy.

After Getting a new License I tried getting the Bike registerd and licensed. The Dealer didnt fill out anything on the back and it took me another 2 weeks to get that info from him.

By This time I Had resorted to using other peoples Phones at work because the guy would never pick up when I called. He has 3 lines to that place of business and I knew them all and had been trying to call for days at that point. One call from my friends phone got him and I Was finally able to get a fax with the info needed for the bike.

The Bike did get licensed and I pretty much just wrote off the whole experiance and moved on.

Now 4 months later the State sends a notice to my Insurance saying they have the incorrect vin. My Insurance contacts me and LOW AND BEHOLD........ The Vin on the bike doesnt match the MSO.

Shortly after that the state contacted me and told me I needed to get the correct MSO and bring that in and not to ride the bike.

It took me a week of calling to actually get the Dealer to pick up the phone. He Told me he would look for it and get back with me. After About a week I Started calling him on a friends phones again.

He Picks up and says "Yeah *soandso* says we have it here we just have to find it" I Specificly Stated to the Man that if he found it "DO NOT MAIL IT TO ME".. and that I Would come and pick it up.

So.....Another week rolls around. Still no answer to my calls and he doesnt seem to have a answering machine because it just rings of the hook. I Call again not 3 minutes later from a co-workers phone and he picks up and I Can tell he is pissed because he trying to brush me off by not answering to my #. I Asked if he had found the MSO and he Says. "Yeah *SOANDSO* sent it out in the mail to you last week." I asked why it was mailed when I Specificlly told them I Wanted to pick it up. I just got the "Its in the mail you should get it in a day or two"

That was over a week ago now and I only live in the next state less than 150 miles away. There is no other person at his place of business other than Him. He Told me he was One man Show the night I bought the bike. The MSO mostly likely has been shipped off with another bike and he probably doesnt know who has it.

A Call to American Lifan when this all started garnered me nothing more than a "Keep at him"

When I started freaking out 3 weeks AFTER I contacted him about the MSO, I Called American Lifan again to see if they couldnt just fire off a new MSO to me so I Wouldnt have to deal with the guy anymore. Fat Chance....... My call to them gained me nothing but 7 dropped calls while on hold and finally a "We just Distribute the bikes, you are on your own". I would be lying if I Didnt say I felt a Little let down by American Lifan as well.

Now I Am Stuck with a brand new $1000 bike I cannot register.

Awesome.....