Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #1

Authorized Lifan Dealers

Hi everyone, new guy here.
I am looking for a cheap enduro.
There is a dealer about 100 miles from me with a Lifan LF200GY-5 for $1199. on their website. They had it on Craigslist recently for $1150. that is how I found them. Can anyone tell me if this is an authorized dealer or if its an actual Lifan and not one of these knockoff Lifans I've been hearing about?
I will be using the bike mostly for exploring dirt roads that are no longer maintained by the county. Also, what is the seat height?
Here is a link to their webpage.
www.wcepowersports.com/product_scooter.html

Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #2

Just Buy any Lifan Don't worry if it isnt a real American Lifan or not.
You are not gaining anything. And you will save a bit of money.

That Bike is a Real Lifan......... Same as American Lifans bikes.
Same factory same parts.....

Just Buy it..

Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #3

For that price, it's probably a "knockoff Lifan". The American Lifan cost a little more. But the bike in that photo do look a lot like an AM Lifan--counterbalancer thingy and welded-on rear foot peg.

I think AM Lifan are worth the extra money. I don't know specifically about the GY5, but my AM Lifan sport bike is much superior. "Knockoff Lifans" are known to have serious vibration problems, but AM Lifan sport bikes comes from a newer batch and don't have those problems. With "Knockoffs", you never know what you gonna get.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #4

They are the same bikes.......

Grey market Lifan bikes are LIFAN bikes

Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #5

They're not the same. AM Lifan has counterbalancer; others don't. I'm sure there are other differences too. It's like Cadillac and Buick; they're both made by GM but differently.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #6

Not sure where you are at in Ohio, but you may want to check with Bruce at http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net/ he is a american lifan dealer and will actually provide after sale service.

Allen

Old 10-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #7

Take your time and do a bunch of research. It is fun and educational, and bikes will be a good price for the next several months. Enjoy the hunt!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #8

Its fine. If you like it I'd get it at that price, it's a bargin.

It would be fine for tooling around on dirt roads and trail riding, and commuting at speeds less than 55.

The seat is quite high.

I had a bike similar to it, I'm 6'1" and I could flat foot it, but shorter that 5'10' might be on his or her toes.

Do the prep as per our sticky thread, take good care of it, and have a sense of humor about many small repaairs and you're good to go.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #9

The "Grey Market" Bike will Probably be a better bike anyway. I wouldn't even consider a American Lifan after All the trouble I had with mine.

There's plenty of people that have had some Major issues with service after the sale..

In My case my $900 bike turned into a $1500 bike after I finally got it licensed.

It was a freekin Nightmare.

And the warrenty seems to be worthless as well even though they extended it for 6 months so graciously after it sat for the first 6 months..

I have had Grey Market dealers Cut prices a bunch for me to replace parts that were under warrenty but couldn't get replaced through AL.

One Even cantacted me on their forum and offered to get me parts becaused AL drug their feet.

Hoopers bikes and TrailBuddys bikes are Lightyears better than my American Lifan And they cost about the same as well.

Their Customer service is also excellent when compared with American Lifans.

I fell for the AL Hoopla, searched out a "dealer" paid more for the bike then it would have to ship a grey market bike to me only and only to have 6 month headache with it and now a headache getting
Failed parts replaced.

But at least I got it from a Authorized dealer.....That sold bait and tackle, Did house cleaning and ran like 5 other companys all from the same building. Found that out after the BBB got involved.

What's the rating on American Lifan with the BBB? Still an F?

Buy the one from Local Grey Market dealer...

Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #10

Another reason to get this bike would be if the dealer will register it and plate it. One less hassle.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #11

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I also found a 2007 XT225 for $2500 with about 1000 miles from a big four dealer. If they would take my 2002 Suzuki GZ250 in trade and give me dealer trade in (about $1200 I think) I might go that route. Its about the same cash out of pocket. I know the Lifan dealer wont want the trade in. I have a Suzuki C50 for the street now and dont use the GZ250.
I'm not rushing into anything as the season here is almost over. I may still go the china route but I really dont need three bikes in the garage.
BTW: great forum

Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #12

im not that far from ohio, have you looked at the zongs
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 10-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #13

Phil would be talking about a 200 CC Zongshen Sierra. It is a smooth reliable upper quality bike from the Chinese. And it is not so tall. It is worth looking into.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #14

I just looked at the Zong at Lewpackinternational. I really like the black even though the orange would be more visible for safety. From reading this forum it seams that several parts are interchangeable with japanese bikes. I wish it came with DS tires though. I dont like having to go thru Zong for a rear tire.
Interesting that the rear tire is the same size as my GZ250. I thought about putting DS tires on my GZ but couldnt find any.
I wonder if the wheel is interchangeable? Spud?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #15

I talked to the dealer with the XT225. He offered me $600. for my tradein. :evil: Who said you cant have three bikes in the garage. :wink: