Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2008, 04:47 AM   #1

The real build begins

The real build begins now .
I just bit the bullet and bought a race ready Loncin 125cc Monster motor . I got all the bells and whistles on it too, right down to the clutch handle perch and cable , all wiring , you name it its got it , ready to install and run .
Will be shopping for a chassis soon too , probably a Jumper Series in alluminum ? For now , in a few days I am just going to drop it into the frame I got and do all the mods I have for it already while I decide on a chassis that these parts deserve to be in . Gold Alloy wheels will be here tomorrow for it too, so this weekend will be busy busy busy with the install for sure .
After installing the Mikuni 24mm carb on this little beast I knew I just had to have a motor worthy of all the quality parts I have been buying , and realized I just better get down to it and buy me a nice race motor and chassis , and just get this project fully underway now and build the bike of my dreams . Now it is reality, it is happening in a large way now and it will be exactly what I want, not just some already built machine with certain componants I don't want , and certain ones that I do want, it will be exact to my specifications entirely now. That's a great feeling to be able to not only afford this but to be able to build it too , exactly like I want . Right down to the red Oury grips I got for it
Even if I didn't buy a nice frame-suspension package for it , the bike as is would Rock anyway , but I am going all the way full bore race now just to have one . I did the math and it will cost me more to build this thing than I paid for my 250cc Viva . Go figure something so small costing so much ?
You only live here on Earth once as far as I know , and you can't take your stuff with you , so like Bruce , it gets burried with me ! At least the ride to the "other side" after I die will be fast on this bike !!!

Will post some pics this weekend after the build . May not get to the rims though, they make take some fortifide fabrication, but we'll see when time comes this weekend ? Will post the pics with the wheels in the pics anyway if I don't get them mounted so you all can see how nice they are and are going to look on the bike anyway . They are very cool looking rims from the pics I have from the supplier .

Alrighty then, Kelly5150 over and out of his mind 8O

Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 AM   #2

Oil Cooler

Just bought an oil cooler too , forgot to mention that . Large size, not the little red annodized units , a real nice one . I want engine insurance

Cheerios, Kelly5150out 8O

Old 02-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #3

Lol i was tempted to ask how much all that was gonna cost you to put together!

But you can't put a price on building your own bike, I love tinkering with my pit bike, taking stuff off, tweaking it, putting it back on. It's nice with those size bikes, everything is right in front of your face so you can't miss it even if you tried!

So you bought a 125 motor? I woulda told you they have some 138/140 and 150cc engines you can buy. The 138's can be had for about 230 bucks now i think. I plan on getting a 138 after i kill this engine...or i might just take this engine out and build another bike around it!

pics pics pics please!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #4

ChiGongJitsu

ChiGongJitsu ,
I already knew they have 138cc or "REAL" 140cc also, but didn't want one . Thanks for the thought though , but I researched well already . 125's are very cool size motors and lots of parts . The 138's are an oddity like me , nice but not what I want . I like the 125's .
As much bussiness as I have given this one company in the last few weeks they gave me a great discount on the motor as it should be anyway, so I bought it. Also, the 138's I looked at don't come with anything on them for that price you are quoting without shipping too . This particular 125cc I bought has the Kitchen Sink attatched ...It has everything, carb, manifolds , gaskets, kicker, shift lever , CDI box , cabels, wiring , air filter, EVERYTHING .
The carb is 25mm which I am giving to my honey for hers . I am keeping the 24mm Mikuni for my set-up . After reading up on Mikuni , it is an ideal set-up for the bore and stroke I have on this new motor . 25mm is good too, but it aint a Mikuni that comes with it, and I am fond of Mikuni , bullet proof and easy to adjust and get parts for, jets etc . Works out well to give it to her anyway, the stupid jerks we got the ATV from have yet to make it right with a new carb, so she can have this one . I give that girl so much crap for free, she owes me her second born by now .

I like your idea of taking the motor on yours and building a bike around it.
Heck, I bought a bike to start with for cheap , completely eliminated about every part now once I get the chassis and I did this because I love Pit-Bikes ? It is funny how the mind works isn't it ? Wasn't sure how I was going to like Pit-Bikes so I spent little money on the first purchase just in case I wanted to throw it on the fire, but it spawned a pretty fare amount of fun right out of the box for me, and the fact as you pointed out , and I pointed out too in my first post on my original SUNL purchase was just how easy everything is to reach on these little monsters . Kinda cool bikes .

Look forward for the weekend ! Blood , Sweat , and Gears !

Good luck man, Kelly5150 out