Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #1

finding neutral

on my sons pit bike 110 semi auto it seems like neutral is very hard to find.any idea?any adjustments?
thanks again all

Old 01-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #2

Finding neutral on new bike just takes practice...shift to first then half jiggle up...find where and how the bike likes it and over time it will get easier...meshing is very finicky when new...wears in over time.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 AM   #3

The motor in my wifes semi auto 90 in here CT-70 was impossible to find for the first 50 miles. Now it is easy to find. Give it some time for the transmission to break in, than it wont be so difficult. But in the mean time I had her shift up into first, than use her hand to click it down into N. It was easy that way, but impossible with your foot. It feels like it jams up, than pops into second, skipped over N..

Old 02-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #4

That is

That is pretty typical on most bikes really . Like USMC-Mustang more or less says, the hand is more sensitive than the foot .
It should get better in time . If it is a semi-auto , I notice if you adjust it to where the bike is just barely catching the clutch but not moving forward while in nutral ( a fine line there ) it will shift into gears much easier . If you adjust it the other way, it is really hard to find first gear or nutral.
All this is compounded by ten if your wearing heavy riding boots . So far I have noticed these transmission ( gear boxes ) in the China bikes are a bit finiky comaired to thier Japenese cousins till they are worn in a bit .

Cheers, Kelly5150

PS. it is not uncommon for me to shut my Harley off, and reach down to put it into nutral on the forward controls by hand . If we ate with our feet then we would have more sensitive feet, you know what I am saying ?