Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Just an FYI-If you have not done so already, pull the cable from the sheath (it slips out of what would be the tire end) and clean and lube it with some good grease, then slide it back into the sheath. China cables, on the whole, come virtually greaseless and/or with a haze of corrosion on them just from sitting. This has caused many premature speedo cable failures in the past with members here. Plus it will make your speedo needle smooth as silk.
Great tip!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #17

Holy Crap, these guys are just across town from me. I had no idea. I may have to go take a look at a new Hawk 250.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #18

I've had my hawk for about 3 months now and except for the speedometer cable that was damaged in the crate I have had no issues. RPS replaced the cable under warranty and all is good. The Hawk is a fun little bike, I would not want ride it on a long trip but then again I wouldn't want to zip around on dirt roads and across cow pastures on my cruiser either. The Hawk is a fun little bike that does what I wanted it for and at a very reasonable price.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltclaw1 View Post
I've had my hawk for about 3 months now and except for the speedometer cable that was damaged in the crate I have had no issues. RPS replaced the cable under warranty and all is good. The Hawk is a fun little bike, I would not want ride it on a long trip but then again I wouldn't want to zip around on dirt roads and across cow pastures on my cruiser either. The Hawk is a fun little bike that does what I wanted it for and at a very reasonable price.
Glad to hear the good report! They aren't available here but without a doubt, the Hawk is probably the best 2 wheel bang-for-the-buck on the planet....if you can get it registered in your state.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350