Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #106

Just a quick update: sold my '21 RX4 yesterday to a local buyer who did his research and got a good deal in my opinion. Sold it for $4800 and it had 1500 miles. I'll be sticking with my Brozz 250 as my dual sport for now and then looking to replace the RX4 with a cruiser as my touring option.
The RX4 was fun for the few months i owned it but there were a few things that i could not get past that ultimately led me to the sale.. the seating position was uncomfortable for me oddly and put strain on my sciatic nerve while riding despite the comfort mods i did and second the power was just not enough for me.. i like to have some grunt on hand for passing and occasional spirited rides.. also.. the high-rpms at speed were not so comfortable.. a cruise bike (at least 1100cc) should be much more comfortable for long distance touring and cruising and the Brozz will suffice for any offroading days i plan for.. Thanks for the support and guidance through the process, it was much appreciated and I hope any posts/mods i posted help others.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #107

Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Add flare nut repairer to my resume lol:

I received the part today and was able to remove the old assembly and install the new one. Two things I noticed during the install:

The sensor with 2 wires that attached at the rear brake to the banjo bolt starts twisting as I loosened the nut. I did my best to protect the wires so as not to get damaged but it was a bit hairy
The old flare nut was super tight. I did manage to finally remove it and then installed and snugged down the new flare nut to what I thought was tight enough and connected the rear banjo bolt section. Sadly the flare nut wrenches i bought were too thick (except for the rear banjo nut) and did not work so i had to use a regular 12mm open end wrench and was careful and it worked with no issues. Afterwards I bled the brakes via the suction method with my oil extractor while adding new fluid to the rear reservoir (alot of air came out). I then completed the install and took her for a ride and the rear brake worked perfectly and I did several panic stops to where the rear ABS engaged. I later checked the flare area and there was some fresh fluid. I dried it up and pumped the rear brake a few times and it was a bit wet again. So it tightened the flare further and since then it does appear to be staying dry after I went for another ride but I will keep an eye on it. On a side note, it was nice that even though I felt fresh fluid before the last tightening, no air entered the system and the brake still works perfectly.
Very happy to have my rear brakes back
I have the same issue yesterday on my adventure I almost hit tree coming down dirt road. This is recalled issue it affecting a lot RX4 owners. And top of that coming home my bike died in traffic light. The cause was weak battery, i mange to bump start the bike mange to get home. I’m not a happy camper. All happened same afternoon.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:56 PM   #108

Smile

The CSC send me replacement part. I got it fix. Rear brake restored. I did few emergency stop, no brake fluids lost.

Old 10-04-2021, 10:55 PM   #109

2021 RX4 Yellow, 700 miles, warranty, $4500. Love this bike but life is taking me off two wheels for awhile.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #110

on my 2021 RX4 (also blue) I noticed to move the windshield you have to unlock the bolts on both sides of the bracket then the knob will move it ! without doing that you can strip the threads of the adjusting bolt....
My bike is too tall for me so I lowered it front and rear 2" and also I discovered that the rear suspension is very stiff.... the spring in particular is very hard so I am in the process of putting in a lighter one....
My Altitude here is near 4000' ASL and my gas mileage is in the 40's to 50's in MPG
according to the dash... I replaced the foot pegs with the wider and longer real toothy ones that I got off Amazon , I put a pare like that on the Kids TT250 and I liked them so much I got them for my RX4 too...
2 things I hate about this bike... 1) the heavy weight. at 450lbs it should be 100lbs lighter ! ..... 2) the rear suspension is very very hard.... and so is the seat but I can live with the seat but the rear swingarm never moves ! I rode the bike for 120 miles with only 28 psi in the rear tire just so I could ride it.... other wise the ride is so rough it is no fun to ride it beats me to a pulp ! .... hopefully I will change that shortly.... we'll see
.....notice there is no sag when you sit on the bike ? that is totally WRONG they really screwed up there !!!!!!
and how the heck did you post pictures here ? it won't let me post a single picture because their too big !
Bob.....

Old 05-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #111

For the second time I'm throwing you this link, download the free version, it doesn't have a time limit, it's forever, set the resolution to medium or so, which after conversion will give you a JPEG file size smaller than 195.3 KB and you can upload it.

https://icecreamapps.com/Image-Resizer/

Old 05-12-2022, 04:19 PM   #112

Not a Windows guy but my iMac lets me re-size pretty easily. If 195K is the magic number at least I know how small I need to make the file. Thanks for the info.

Peter Y.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:16 AM   #113

What no complaints of NO sag and the rear is as hard as a rock ? I don't understand
are your butts made of steel or what ? maybe your roads are smoother but my bike rides like a truck any divot in the road is like Bamm and your ass comes off the seat...
the front is fine but the back of my 2021 RX4 is really hard ! did I just get an odd one or what ...
Bob.....