Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #1

Unknown ATV

I recently purchased for $100 an unknown Chinese ATV from a friend. http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/...pszpnyjvsk.jpg
My question is does anyone recognize what kind it is? its in slightly bad shape. the battery is dead. so I will be getting a new one soon.

When I attempted to crank it over with the old battery after a couple day trickle charge the solenoid would just buzz. I then tried it with my good battery from my bike and the solenoid didn't buzz the starter motor seemed to buzz instead. kind of a hum it either was stuck or couldn't turn anything over. not sure on that one. I took the starter apart. (huge mistake on my part.) the maganents pulled the rotor off and the springs behind the brushes popped out and I lost em both. :( so I will be working on that as well.

Also I am unsure what engine this is. http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/...psulkrmiin.jpg a second look http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/...psltmwl29t.jpg.

I think if I can atleast get the starter issue fixed the project will move forward right now I am stuck. But hey Ive been stuck since I started the adventures.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #2

Typical 110cc quad. I'd apply power directly to the solenoid, and see if the starter wants to spin (once you get it back together).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #3

Brand new starters are super cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...arter&_sacat=0

By the way I accidentally bound up my starter when I tried to remove it. I didn't realize it had a sprocket and chain on it and when I tried to forcefully pull the starter out the chain slipped half off the sprocket. It bound up and would hum. I took the left side cover off the motor and could see the chain slipped off. Got it back on and all is well

/

Old 10-13-2015, 12:47 AM   #4

motor

take the chrome plug out on the left side of the cover.. get a 9/16 socket and turn the motor over.. to check to see if the motor is seized... if not ten pick up a good starter,,, remove the left side cover.. and remove the rest of your starter.. and re install the new... check before you put the cover back on if the chain on right by turning the motor over on the flywheel.. THEN put the rest back together .. and with a good battery it will turn over and hopefully start if you have spark and a clean carb.. I always remove the carb and clean it when I pick up a used atv.. or of the customer has had it sitting for awhile.. saves problems later..

Old 10-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #5

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will deffo be cleaning the carb its nasty in there. Might as well get new starter since this one seems to be crapped out.