Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2023, 01:38 PM   #1

Look at this trunk thing I bought.

Thought about putting this on the "what did you buy" thread. Scored this for cheap at an auction thing we have nearby. Wasn't even sure what I was getting. But it was dirt cheap and brand new.

One thing I had in mind when I bought my Templar was to have something light and legal to stick on the back of our RV so I could run me and wife around on it. The one time I got her to ride on she said she didn't like it because she didn't feel "safe". Hmmm. Took me a while to digest this bit of female logic. Our usual ride is a freaking antique chopper. No front brake, no turn signals, no horn, no speedometer, etc. It's everything my mother feared when I was a teen trying to talk her into letting me have a bike. Like the epitome of dangerous. But that to her feels "safe". Only thing I could think up was that maybe because she's used to that sissy bar pad to lean back on. I saw that this thing appeared to have a padded backrest something like a Goldwing or whatever might have and it does. So the idea is this thing might make her more comfortable with the Templar.

I'm of two minds about it. It's pretty neat, almost a matching black. Got little turn signals and a 'high mount" brake light. The lenses aren't installed yet, and neither is it, I just laid it on the luggage rack to check out how it looked. My opinion is that a Templar X is really an enduro bike and shouldn't even have mirrors, turn signals, or even a license plate. I'm glad it does, because I've had it since March and have still yet to really take it off road. But here I am, going to attach a trunk that I suspect is meant for a moped. Bugs me. There is surely a way I can make it easily removable, I haven't actually looked at the mounting stuff it came with yet. Killing me. I'm a chopper guy, I take stuff off, not add it!