Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
Any place sell aftermarket parts for the bike?

Do any web sites sell any parts for the motor like big boar/high comp pistons and what not?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #2

One guy makes parts for these, Check the for sale section..He has an Ebay Site.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #3

halfpinoy007 on here sells parts, or at least did. It looks as if his ebay store has shut down. You might PM him and see what's up. He had some complete engines to fit your bike.

What's the deal with the engine from your quad? Would it not fit or did you just decide not to take the quad apart?

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...857&highlight=

Old 07-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #4

Nothing really available yet. It is make your own or make something from another bike fit.

Allen

Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
halfpinoy007 on here sells parts, or at least did. It looks as if his ebay store has shut down. You might PM him and see what's up. He had some complete engines to fit your bike.

What's the deal with the engine from your quad? Would it not fit or did you just decide not to take the quad apart?

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...857&highlight=
The motor from my quad will fit i messured. I just needto get enough money to do the motor swop. Only thing is the motor is not set up to run elec like lights and stuff so that will cost me $200 to set the motor up for that. The motor is also only kick start and is truly one of the hardest kick start motors to start with that motor in my quad i always tried to park on a hill so i could push start it because some times it would take me 20 mins of kicking b4 it would start and its 12.5:1 compression so its a work out kicking that thing down..

Old 07-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star
The motor from my quad will fit i messured. I just needto get enough money to do the motor swop. Only thing is the motor is not set up to run elec like lights and stuff so that will cost me $200 to set the motor up for that. The motor is also only kick start and is truly one of the hardest kick start motors to start with that motor in my quad i always tried to park on a hill so i could push start it because some times it would take me 20 mins of kicking b4 it would start and its 12.5:1 compression so its a work out kicking that thing down..
Well heck, if it fits why not just locate another engine like it? You could sink a ton of money into the Lifan engine and still be nowhere close to the power you'd have with a swap.
Have you thought any about brakes? Your bike has the same brakes as mine (single disk/drum) and I really think with more speed/power it would be easy to overcome them.
I rode pretty hard today and had the rear brake starting to fade. The front held up a little better, but it was fading as well. (one of those ride for a while, stop and smoke, ride, smoke...)
I'm going to look into finding new forks and a set of 17" wheels with disks. at both ends.. I have a couple of freinds helping me out, once I locate the wheels we're going to make a new swingarrm out of aluminum for my bike . The engine will come later. I'll let you know what wheels fit if you're interested.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
The motor from my quad will fit i messured. I just need to get enough money to do the motor swop. Only thing is the motor is not set up to run elec like lights and stuff so that will cost me $200 to set the motor up for that. The motor is also only kick start and is truly one of the hardest kick start motors to start with that motor in my quad i always tried to park on a hill so i could push start it because some times it would take me 20 mins of kicking b4 it would start and its 12.5:1 compression so its a work out kicking that thing down..
Well heck, if it fits why not just locate another engine like it? You could sink a ton of money into the Lifan engine and still be nowhere close to the power you'd have with a swap.
Have you thought any about brakes? Your bike has the same brakes as mine (single disk/drum) and I really think with more speed/power it would be easy to overcome them.
I rode pretty hard today and had the rear brake starting to fade. The front held up a little better, but it was fading as well. (one of those ride for a while, stop and smoke, ride, smoke...)
I'm going to look into finding new forks and a set of 17" wheels with disks. at both ends.. I have a couple of freinds helping me out, once I locate the wheels we're going to make a new swingarrm out of aluminum for my bike . The engine will come later. I'll let you know what wheels fit if you're interested.
I was thinking of putting a better rear end set up on to so i would have a disk break and be able to find differant sprockets. The way I was thinking is to just buy teh whole rear off a bike swing arm and all. Getting the swing arm to mount would be easy only thing is it might be longer or shorter than stock and the shock location might be off making it sit taller or lower.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #8

Quote:
I was thinking of putting a better rear end set up on to so i would have a disk break and be able to find differant sprockets. The way I was thinking is to just buy teh whole rear off a bike swing arm and all. Getting the swing arm to mount would be easy only thing is it might be longer or shorter than stock and the shock location might be off making it sit taller or lower.
If you ride that thing very hard, you'll need the brake upgrade... you have smaller wheels than I do, so that will help on yours .But they don't seem to like getting hot at all. As soon as the rear starts fading you better slow down because the rear will be gone pretty quick.

I planning on just making a new swingarm close to the stocker, same length but a bit wider and with mounts for the caliper and better setup for the wheel adjusters... I'd like to make a better shock setup and get a decent shock while I'm at it... I found another Lifan clone dirtbike that has a remote resivore shock and no goofy linkage... so there might be a shock source. It can be done, just takes planning and locating the right stuff.

Did you read the parts thread in the enduro forum? There's info on swapping to a 520 chain on these bikes using Honda cogs. Just scroll down and you'll see the pics.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
If you ride that thing very hard, you'll need the brake upgrade... you have smaller wheels than I do, so that will help on yours .But they don't seem to like getting hot at all. As soon as the rear starts fading you better slow down because the rear will be gone pretty quick.

I planning on just making a new swingarm close to the stocker, same length but a bit wider and with mounts for the caliper and better setup for the wheel adjusters... I'd like to make a better shock setup and get a decent shock while I'm at it... I found another Lifan clone dirtbike that has a remote resivore shock and no goofy linkage... so there might be a shock source. It can be done, just takes planning and locating the right stuff.

Did you read the parts thread in the enduro forum? There's info on swapping to a 520 chain on these bikes using Honda cogs. Just scroll down and you'll see the pics.
I knotaced the rear shock is crapy. It only canb compress about 1" and today I was about toped out and hit a bump and it kicked so hard it bounced me int oteh standing posisiton

Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #10

Decifer spelling???

Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #11

Hi 5Star,

You can look on our site http://www.lifan-moto.com and check under the news page, we have a source for multiple tooth rear and front sprocket variations.

Thanks,

Almon

Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #12

Knothead, 5star has a streetbike "sport"bike lifan.

Allen

Old 07-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Knothead, 5star has a streetbike "sport"bike lifan.

Allen
Yeah, and it has the same exact brakes as my 07 GY5... which I have found the limits of already on a stock bike. I'm banking that the "sport bike" has a marginal suspension too, just like every other chinese built bike. If he throws a bigger, heavier engine with 2x the hp into that frame and dosen't address anything else it's asking for trouble. It seems these bikes are capable of going faster than the brakes and suspension can handle. The only way I see to upgrade the brakes is to start swapping parts off of a Japanese bike or fabbing what you can.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #14

Yes, the brakes and suspension have their limits. I think he has a grey market bike with possibly and older motor.

I think that a larger engine will tear the bike apart.

Allen

Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Yes, the brakes and suspension have their limits. I think he has a grey market bike with possibly and older motor.

I think that a larger engine will tear the bike apart.

Allen
Well the larger motor really isnt larger it weighs about the same if not lighter just makes almost 3x more power 52hp.

People said this motor would tair my quads farme apart well they where all wrong.