Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #16

I pulled the cam cover off and the cam is ate into ,I know Ill need a cam but ill put pictures I need help on where to go from here,I looked at the clymer for it and it covers the 4 valve motor, im going to start searching to see what i can find

Old 08-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by demidestructo View Post
...looked at the clymer for it and it covers the 4 valve motor...
Factory shop manual can be found at http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/

Old 08-29-2015, 05:11 AM   #18

i cant get it to download it goes to the page and its just white i just tried 30 or 40 times ,Ill try again tommarow.i am so happy this one has six gears

Old 08-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by demidestructo View Post
i cant get it to download it goes to the page and its just white i just tried 30 or 40 times ,Ill try again tommarow.i am so happy this one has six gears
Not the "giant" 4?MB, it's in 3 pdf(s)
001-045)-ENG 15.08 MB | 046-092)-ENG 8.86 MB | 093-183)-ENG 15.1 MB
If can't d/l, PM me. I will u/l it to some online storage site.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #20

Well I got it all apart and looks like the bore is fine but head is trashed along with piston, so it looks like a big bore is in the future . The valve is stuck inside the piston ,Yeah you have to see it I'm keeping it .I need a head ,piston, and cam and timing chain.This is perfect I will get a megacycle cam and a big bore and aftermarket piston.Maybe stroke it and polish head to increase flow and I'm thinking to lower compression so I can turbo with fuel injection like I want to do .Ill post pics when I wake up later .thanks

Old 08-30-2015, 12:11 AM   #21

If you want to stay away from a turbo and go with high compression, now is a good time for a Wiseco piston.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #22

you know what guys im going to try to save this head and polish it and buy a wiesco piston .If I buy all the stuff I need I'll be done in a week . heres the pics I'm going to harbor freight to buy a dremel to start polishing .let me know if you think head is to far gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150829_102124.jpg (93.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 20150829_112332.jpg (88.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 20150829_112356.jpg (93.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 20150830_113612.jpg (92.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 20150830_113705.jpg (95.3 KB, 59 views)

Old 08-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #23

That head is done. I don't think you'll ever get it to seal again.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #24

If you intend to make big power with this motor, I'd recommend higher quality valves, like Kibblewhite. You don't want to lose a valve again.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #25

ok can I use one of those china heads from tao bao? Ill get the big bore while I'm at it! So I have to buy guide seals and valve guides,and valve spring kit along with the valves right, Im going to just get a high compression piston, use my stock jug and get a head china or stock ,and get a torque cam. I will have to have all this stuff done by machine shop.

Last edited by demidestructo; 08-30-2015 at 01:23 PM. Reason: new info

Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #26

Can you get a 4 valve head? In my estimation the biggest differences between jap and chinese engines amount to the extra hp the japs get with 4 valve engines. John

Old 08-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #27

when i checked I couldn't put a 4 valve head on this motor,I bought a atc 200 head which has larger cooling fins on the head( i checked through six forums of atc 200xporting was the same as 200r same head ) , Only difference is the better cooling. The head was 34.99 instead of 279.99 just because it has a r .

These motors have a cam chain adjuster on it when I rebuild this I will make sure everything is perfect.

I learned my hp goals are not crazy I found someone who built a 28 hp (dyno-ed ) that has been running great for almost five years, without a turbo!

with extra cooling and fuel injection (will keep fuel ratio in 14/7 ,which will keep the temp down ) or I could run a egt guage to find what tune generates less heat , if this becomes a problem. The 28 hp engine doesnt have any over -heating problems. ok ok ok I want to run fuel injection!

Old 08-31-2015, 11:07 AM   #28

Good move on the ATC head. The four valve XR200R was a two-year only deal, and it was a failure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_XR_series

14.7:1 is the stoichiometrically ideal ratio, but not necessarily where max power is created. I suspect that if you dyno tuned it with an O2 sensor, you'd find max power in the 13's or 12's. In general terms, the higher the number, the more heat.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:46 PM   #29

ok i see the ecotronics fuel injection has an o2 sensor and runs in closed loop ,learning , for until it makes its adjustments. It says after you hook it up turn key and it will start and do its thing. I just want to not have to jet it ever ,and for it to know what this crazy engine will need fuel wise so it will break in right. I thought and this is me ,that maybe thats why some motors blow up because It will run and good enough so people think its right and its not and produces extra heat that over time wears the motor til destruction.Just a hair brained thought.I sent a email to powroll , but is a stroker really what i want.

What kind of motor should I build for this , a stroker is for torque ,I'm not going in the mud or much trails ,mostly city. This motor makes linear power ,I need mid range and top end . I want to be at half throttle and cruise then crack the throttle and go . What cam should I choose a torque cam(probably not ) or a mid-range(maybe ) or top end(maybe IDK).I plan on using pump gas so 11 and lower compression but whats this corrected compression i dont want to screw it up!

Old 08-31-2015, 11:37 PM   #30

If you're anywhere near 11:1 compression, don't use anything less than 92 octane.

If you want it to rev, don't build a stroker. They make awesome low end grunt, but rev potential will be limited, as compared to a shorter stroke in an identical package.