Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #31

I am not familiar with the South Dakota route.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #32

I just purchased a BS 250 and I cannot register it in the state of Indiana because the bike has never been registered before it’s a 2016 so it’s technically brand new with only 300 miles on it but it was never ran through the BMV how do I go about registering it if they require me to have a bill of sales from the company even though I did not purchased the bike from the Company I purchased it from someone who owned it after the fact I have the origin certificate but that doesn’t seem to be good enough what do I do now...................... ......“ help please “........

Old 04-11-2021, 09:29 AM   #33

Hi this is my first post here, and yes I failed to do the research prior to my purchase(also my first bike ever).
I bought a Hawk DLX 250 EFI from Moto Pro on amazon. They said they would send me the paperwork(it has only been a week since). However in the event that they do not, will this method work even though the bike is not 15 years old? Or does that only matter when I try to register in my home state?

Old 04-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #34

I also want to mention a "Bonded Title" workaround for those that aren't eligible for the VT loophole.

I was able to get a proper certificate of origin, but it first seemed like I was going to need to register my new bike without one. In MA (and I believe most states have something similar), as long as you contact the title division to get approval, you can buy a surety bond (worth 1.5 times the price of the bike... $5000 bond only costs $100) and use that to get what is called a bonded title, making the ride an "undocumented bonded vehicle". As long as nobody contests the title or claims the bike is rightfully theirs within three years, the bonded title will expire and they will issue you a clean title.

I keep seeeing "the vermont loophole" which I believe is only good for a vehicle over 15 years old, which would not apply to most of us with relatively newer "chinabikes" so I was happy to see there is another option!

Old 04-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #35

The Vermont title works with most China bikes because they don’t title bikes under a certain displacement that I can’t remember right now ,but the 250cc bikes are good for sure .

Old 03-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #36

Didn't see it mentioned here but Vermont closed the out of state registration loophole last year.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...registrations/

Old 03-05-2024, 10:10 PM   #37

:(
What about SD and ME?

Old 03-05-2024, 10:26 PM   #38

No idea. I registered my '74 Honda MT125 and '79 XR500 through VT over a decade ago and haven't bought a bike without title since