Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #16

ambassador had the right idea..."sell" it to a dealer who will "sell" it back to you. It also sounds like the MVA lady was on the right track as far as bonded titles go. They use them in AZ to guarantee the registration (our MVD), but it costs about $125-150. I was willing to go that route, but the clerk at the MVD was nice enough to not flag me after her supervisor told her that I would need the title bond for sure; that allowed me to go to an off-site AZ MVD place. You sound a little screwed-ish, but the lady seems like she might be admitting her mistakes, and working with you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #17

Hey mdsauve13

I just spent some time scanning the front and back of one of my MCO's. I also took a digital picture of it to show the watermark. I put them in my/the Gallery under EJCycles. No I haven't spent the time to figure out how to post pics here yet.

Bruce

http://chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3755
http://chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3760
http://chinariders.net/gallery2/main...geViewsIndex=1
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
Hey roketarider, I have a question. I am in PA, as you are. I just got my MCO today, & went to a local DMV agent. everything was ok, except the notary only signed the portion where my info was, & not the dealer (xxx-motorsports), or the odometer statement. They rejected me for that. Did your MCO have that filled out? Or do i need to find an agent that isn't so picky?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
mdsuave, here is a picture of mine if it helps at all. The paper it is printed on is like the paper a title is printed on. Sounds like maybe you got a photocopy of a generic MSO that they just typed the info on. That would probably explain the absence of the control #. Mine has one, & the photo that Bruce uploaded has one. Good luck getting it resolved!
[img][/img]

Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
bruce!! that is what i need! t-motorsports is sending me fake ones made on a printer. Yours has the red #'s in the bottom left, thats the control #'s.

Where do you get those documents? do you have to order those for each bike, or for each shipment of bikes when you get them?

i think t-motorsports is doing shady stuff... they basically are falsifying documents.

Any more info on the process of how to get the actual certified mco would be fantastic. I hope for my sake that i can get t-motorsports to go thru the correct process for a legal mco...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum
mdsuave, here is a picture of mine if it helps at all. The paper it is printed on is like the paper a title is printed on. Sounds like maybe you got a photocopy of a generic MSO that they just typed the info on. That would probably explain the absence of the control #. Mine has one, & the photo that Bruce uploaded has one. Good luck getting it resolved!
that is exactly what has happened. If they have the generic one, that means they have a real one somewhere. they just don't want to pay the money for it.

So that is why i'm highly pissed, i told samantha chen at t-motorsports to get me the "REAL, LEGAL" document, with control #'s. Of course she didn't she just copied one on her printer, cut it with a paper slicer to size, then type in the info. I want the real legal paperwork, not some bs stuff you made.. we arent in china, you tend to get into trouble for making illegal documents...

Hopefully bruce can tell me where his mco's come from and what process they go thru to get one.

But i will tell you this, after knowing all this, i would never deal with t-motorsports, i dont like shady people, i like people that are straight to the point, if she had told me that they cant get a real one, i would have figured something out.

ARRGGHHH

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #22

suave -- did you make a copy before you sent the original one back to t-motorsports to get signed? I know I made a copy of mine before I did that to make sure I got the same document back.... mine did have a control number on the bottom and the city/state said City of Industry, CA.

I know mine was drop shipped to me, so no dealer actually had hands on it - but the mco still had a control number even though it looked to be on cheasy orange waxy looking paper.

This is a bummer.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 03-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #23

i have all the original documents, and copies of them before and after everything...

t-motorsports notarized and filled out the top back on both copies the one that was shrink wrapped to the seat, and the one that they "constructed at staples"

i told them that i needed a legal document, my mva spotted the new fake one faster then the one that came with the bike. The fact that they knew what an MCO looks like but didnt bother to order the legal one that you would get from a company like american banknote or something is kind of shady..
on monday i am going to fax a pic of bruces (with the word SAMPLE crossed thru the middle and his info crossed out) just as a reference. I also found one of the companies pdf files that you can order the MCO's from. They say its a minimum of 25, but they can use those documents for whomever they need on whatever bike. Its just a legal document that you would fill out with a particular bike's info.

I dont have a problem paying to have this done, but i'm afraid they are going to tell me to F off or something. I guess we will see.

IF they don't want to assist me in ordering legal documentation (which should ALWAYS be done with the sale of a legal US vehicle) then i will get legal actions involved. Its illegal to forge a legal document (which they did with the 2nd MCO and the epa documents)

i hope for the sake of their future in business, that they don't play games with me from this point. Cause the MVA is already interested in their business practices, and with the documents i have, they could already get an investigation into their business practices.

I just want my bike on the road, legally, legit and with as little problem as possible. I don't want to ruin someones company over something like a 1000 dollar china bike.

thank you all for all the help and assistance thru all of this nonsense.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by John22j
but the mco still had a control number even though it looked to be on cheasy orange waxy looking paper.

This is a bummer.
This was how my Jetmoto came from Jetmoto's headquarters. I had to get a second MCO that the local AZ MVD wouldn't take. Mdsuave, have you looked into a title bonding agent? Like a home title bond, they guarantee to the state that no one can claim the bike as their own. "to protect you and us (the state)" was what the clerk told me. That is why the lady is being such a stickler...it's not so much the paper, but that is what is sending the red flags--they think that you or someone is pulling a fast one; others have registered their T-motorsports bikes in other states, but Maryland is more strict.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-25-2007, 01:28 AM   #25

well i agree culcane. others have registered the t-motorsports bikes in other states, but MD is more strict....

I am going to get this bike registered. I will do whatever it takes. I really enjoy riding the bike, i can't wait to do it legally.

I hope in the next week i will see if i can't get something under wraps.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #26

Look into title bonding; like when you buy a house and the bond guarantees your lender that the seller had the right to sell it to you. The bonding agency, if this is available in MD, will guarantee to the state that t-motorsports was legally allowed to sell the bike to you, and no one else will come out of the wordwork (for a $1000 bike mind you; that is what I told the MVD) and claim they are the owners.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #27

if this whole ordeal falls thru with tms, i will look into that..

Thanks for all the help and advice, this is the best forum i've ever joined or been a part of, i wish we were all closer together distance wise, so we could all meet up and drink some beers and shoot the S%#T.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
if this whole ordeal falls thru with tms, i will look into that..

Thanks for all the help and advice, this is the best forum i've ever joined or been a part of, i wish we were all closer together distance wise, so we could all meet up and drink some beers and shoot the S%#T.
Yeah, when my bike's engine went out, I tried to sell it, and when that didn't garner much attention, I was going to video myself shooting it with about 300 rounds of 7.62 x 39 ammo. I had a glimmer of hope, and with my second job taking care of $$, and with bills getting sorted out, I want to order a new Zongshen mill from Jetmoto. However, with your registration problems, and my not having an engine, plus my current registration issues (long story of the MVD not getting my de-insurance certificate), drinking beers, and shooting our bikes sounds good about now!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #29

I got my bike from b&m store in toronto, vin #s didn't match my bike. Daymak(the store) printed another while my wife and I waited in the car. I just checked, and the run numbers are there in red. I know they are skirting import duties, but if it gets plated tomorrow I don't care. If they don't plate it I want cash back from Daymak. I don't care if the store closes cause the gov. finds out what they are doing. I'll picket the store till i get my cash back. They said Street legal. I'm expecting street legal, or a full wallet. My wife is the patient, level headed one. Good luck. Any update?

Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #30

Either that, or they will take the bike back, issue me a full refund and i will be heading out to bruce to get a bike thru him which can be tagged and registered.

This is what I did... Could NOT have been a better transaction.... :wink: