Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #1

Bashan website

Check out Bashan.com website, there are some cool bikes coming, it we get to see them in the USA!

Old 07-01-2019, 05:15 PM   #2

We have 2 Bashan units. Currently the Brozz and soon the MotoMax.

Our 2019 Brozz should be here at the start of August. The Motomax 250 should be here at the start of October.

Email: jeffreyp@peacesports.com
Phone: 770-662-1898 x107

Facebook: "Peace Sports"
IG: Peace_Sports_Atlanta
Youtube: "Peace Industry Group"

Old 07-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #3

I posted photos of the Motomax a few months ago. I have kept in touch with the N. American Bashan rep for a few years now, and he keeps me in the loop. The Motomax looks kind of, sort of like the Tricker/Magician. It seems that is the market that bike is going after.

He also sent me photos of a sporty, plain looking 150cc bike that is supposed to be coming here. I saw they recently got an EPA certificate for it. Are you guys going to carry it?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-02-2019, 10:27 AM   #4

Sorry; the Motomax is that really cool-looking bike a Puerto Rican member posted recently. They were sold only in PR. Nice that they will now be offered on the mainland!

The Magician-ish bike is the Razer 250. Will you guys carry those?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I posted photos of the Motomax a few months ago. I have kept in touch with the N. American Bashan rep for a few years now, and he keeps me in the loop. The Motomax looks kind of, sort of like the Tricker/Magician. It seems that is the market that bike is going after.

He also sent me photos of a sporty, plain looking 150cc bike that is supposed to be coming here. I saw they recently got an EPA certificate for it. Are you guys going to carry it?
I have spoken with him on the 150 bikes. There is one I like that looks a little sport touring-ish but we will let the brozz/motomax develop before we look more into it. Its hard to say the market size of a 150 motorcycle that would be close to $2k retail but only tops out at 55 mph ish.

Quote:
Sorry; the Motomax is that really cool-looking bike a Puerto Rican member posted recently. They were sold only in PR. Nice that they will now be offered on the mainland!

The Magician-ish bike is the Razer 250. Will you guys carry those?
No to the magician and I've not heard of the Razer.
Yes the Motomax has only been in Puerto Rico so far. We will be the first and likely only CONUS USA importer (TBD), like the Brozz. It is a super Moto style with the same engine as the Brozz. It'll give our customers a nice 1-2 punch in 250 options whether or not want the off road tires or not. I've posted pictures to our social media already of what it looks like.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:48 AM   #6

These are the 150 bike photos the distributor sent me months ago; I like it, but it would have to be a beginner's price to get any interest or foothold here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2813.jpg (83.9 KB, 1068 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2812.jpg (98.1 KB, 1053 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-03-2019, 12:53 AM   #7

This is the Razer 250 with the same engine as all the Bashan bikes. The Magician is sold by RPS who also distribute the Hawk; both use the same EPA certified 'off-road' engine, although many states will plate either bike since they offer all street equipment. The Magician is a near-clone of the Yamaha Tricker, a bike we never got here in the US, but maybe sold in Canada?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAZER 250 (2).jpg (95.4 KB, 1101 views)
File Type: jpg RAZER 250 (3).jpg (98.2 KB, 1072 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #8

Quote:
This is the Razer 250 with the same engine as all the Bashan bikes. The Magician is sold by RPS who also distribute the Hawk; both use the same EPA certified 'off-road' engine, although many states will plate either bike since they offer all street equipment. The Magician is a near-clone of the Yamaha Tricker, a bike we never got here in the US, but maybe sold in Canada?
I like the brozz and motomax best so far. Nothing else is attractive or unique enough to add it to our stable of options. I told the owner the next Bashan product I want after some good sales years of the Brozz/motomax is a bigger engine option, like a 400 or 450.

I also like the looks of the 150 but I think ya'll will be disappointed in the price. It'll be about the same as buying a Hawk, maybe a hair more, so I don't think there would be many buyers. So we have not gotten any although the sales pitch was offered to us last time the bashan rep was in our store. We took the Motomax instead.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSportsAtlanta View Post
I told the owner the next Bashan product I want after some good sales years of the Brozz/motomax is a bigger engine option, like a 400 or 450.
I like it when a dealer listens to the consumer and gets them what they wants Even something in the 350 range would be nice.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-03-2019, 10:18 PM   #10

If a 350-450cc Brozz/Hawk style bike came to the market for a reasonable price I think there would be a lot of interest. Currently there is a bit of a gap in the market that somebody could fill.

We have 200-230cc air cooled budget bikes like the Hawk, Brozz, TT250 coming in the 1500-2500 range and then more hardcore Motocross dirt bikes with bigger/better engines and great long travel suspension for the $4500-$6000 range.

A 350-450cc, 25-30hp, dual sport bike with decent suspension in the $3000-$3500 price range would bridge that gap quite nicely. Especially if it came with a wide ratio 6spd transmission. Not all of us want a hardcore dirt machine, but do want something still decently off road capable while having more than a 2 gallon or smaller fuel capacity and being designed around the premise of street use. Basically a bigger better Brozz/Hawk.

I would leap in line to buy something like that, and I would honestly sell my Hawk to make room.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-04-2019, 02:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
If a 350-450cc Brozz/Hawk style bike came to the market for a reasonable price I think there would be a lot of interest. Currently there is a bit of a gap in the market that somebody could fill.

We have 200-230cc air cooled budget bikes like the Hawk, Brozz, TT250 coming in the 1500-2500 range and then more hardcore Motocross dirt bikes with bigger/better engines and great long travel suspension for the $4500-$6000 range.

A 350-450cc, 25-30hp, dual sport bike with decent suspension in the $3000-$3500 price range would bridge that gap quite nicely. Especially if it came with a wide ratio 6spd transmission. Not all of us want a hardcore dirt machine, but do want something still decently off road capable while having more than a 2 gallon or smaller fuel capacity and being designed around the premise of street use. Basically a bigger better Brozz/Hawk.

I would leap in line to buy something like that, and I would honestly sell my Hawk to make room.
A few years back, Xingyue offered 4 different 400cc Chinese bikes; 2 were dual-sports and 2 were BMW-esque adv. style bikes. They were DOT/EPA certified. Pitster Pro even re-labeled one of the dual sports as their own. Then, disaster struck. There was some kind of fatal flaw in the engine that was not fixable. They were kind of ticking time bombs. One member here bought a used Pitster, and he kept trying to get them to warranty the bike, to no avail. He did put a bad taste of Pitster in many members' mouths, although thinking back, I don't think the bike was still under any kind of warranty by the time he bought it. Needless to say, the bike was short-lived at Pitster and any other distributor who brought batches in to re-label as their own brand.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-04-2019, 03:42 AM   #12

Quote:
A few years back, Xingyue offered 4 different 400cc Chinese bikes; 2 were dual-sports and 2 were BMW-esque adv. style bikes. They were DOT/EPA certified. Pitster Pro even re-labeled one of the dual sports as their own. Then, disaster struck. There was some kind of fatal flaw in the engine that was not fixable. They were kind of ticking time bombs. One member here bought a used Pitster, and he kept trying to get them to warranty the bike, to no avail. He did put a bad taste of Pitster in many members' mouths, although thinking back, I don't think the bike was still under any kind of warranty by the time he bought it. Needless to say, the bike was short-lived at Pitster and any other distributor who brought batches in to re-label as their own brand.
I think the market and the bikes have improved to a point that if the right company came along and offered something like what I described, and backed it up, it would sell. The biggest issue with bikes like the Hawk, etc. is that while they are great and fairly capable machines, they are also just not adequate enough in terms of capability to really fill any role well enough to be desirable. Their appeal is their cheapness. They aren't the best off road, and can't really do highway effectively without either compromising their off road ability, or delving off the deep end and modding them to compensate for the taller gearing with more power like Jerry and I just to be able to run the highways.

Heck, if somebody came out with a bike like the Bashans and Hawks tomorrow with a 3-4 gallon fuel tank and the NC450 engine and a decent suspension (nothing fancy), and offered it for $3500-4000, it would probably sell out. It doesn't need a Fast Ace setup with 12 inches of travel front and rear, although that would be pretty sweet. Heck, I would probably do everything I could to be first in line.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #13

Quote:

NXR400 that’s what you mean
Honda

Old 07-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Agreed but they'd have to ditch that weak swing arm to start with. The 250 pretty much maxes it out. I like the little Hondoids and they serve us cheapskates a purpose but odds are, the entire package would need to be scrapped for a 400 sized motor. After all, the more power, the more chassis stresses and of course, with us lunatics, the further we fly.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #15

I emailed peace today or yesterday. The motomax is like the PR bike just what I wanted. But the damn thing is coming with reg forks. Why I dont even think GOD could figure that out!!! SO here is the bike I really want and it is speced with shit outdated forks in 2020. This pisses me off so bad.

I may just buy a damn jap bike and be done with it. You know if someone had the money to import some bikes with proper spec's they take all the business from the other importers.

I mean we arent talking thousands in upgrades it is barely $500 dollars of cheap chinese upgrades from my research from allexipress. It be even less for a proper spec out at the factory. Another thing they could do is offer a upgraded carb and airbox that would drop in so we dont have to spend time and money ordering shit that dont work. They would make money on this. I sure as hell dont understand the mind set or lack of behind this industry.