Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #1

Lifan 110cc CT-70 clone (110GY-3) questions.

Geo here in Ohio. Just picked up a mint Lifan 110GY-3 with only about 300 miles on the clock. Seems like a fairly well built minibike.

* Where can I get an owner's manual for it? Can anyone copy their for me? I'll send you a few bucks for your efforts, if that's OK.

* I was told 20/50 Castrol motorcycle oil is the best for this motor and tranny. Is this true? Also, where is the oil filter on this bike? Can't find one! What is the oil capacity?

* Top speed for my 220 pounds is only about 45MPH. What sprocket changes do I need to hit at least 55MPH? Can I change only 1 sprocket, or do I need to change both?

THANKS in advance!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #2

Welcome. I used 15w40 rotella. There is no filter and I think it holds about a 1/2 to 3/4 qt.

I don't know what size sprockts you have, but it may be a challenge to reach 55. The front will be much easier to change, but it may be limited to what will clear the case.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #3

Thanks. I was told by a Lifan dealer that 20/50 is thicker oil (I bought Castrol motorcycle oil), and thus better for the motor. I know that one can use a range of viscosities, but I never got an owner's manual when I bought the mini-bike used, even with the low mileage. I find it interesting that this mini-bike has not even an oil screen, like i've heard other Lifan motors do. Is it possible that it is located at another location, other than where the main oil drain plug comes out?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #4

No, no screen of any kind in the horizontal engines that I'm aware of. They rely on consistent oil changes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #5

This newbie thanks you all for the info. I'm having a lot of fun with this minibike, but of course it's still new. I ride it mainly on residential streets. I am not 'mechanically inclined' but willing to learn how to maintain the bike (need to find an owner's manual too). I'll change the oil every 500 miles or so.

Also, my chain is already very loose after only about 350 miles. Does anyone know how to tighten the chain on this Lifan? Is it difficult?

Is there any safe fuel additive I should use in order to keep the fuel system, carb, lines, etc. clean as long as possible? I am using the mid-grade Shell fuel (not the regular or the 'super unleaded'). Should I be using the highest grade/octane fuel for this 110cc engine?

Thanks again!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #6

Clean fuel from a reputable source will be fine; don't bother with additives. I'd use regular grade, since it is a low compression engine. Higher octane fuel will only make it hard to start.

Don't worry about finding an owner's manual, since they're usually in Chinglish. There is likely someone here who can answer whatever question you have.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #7

IF the engine is as close a copy of the Honda engine as I have been led to believe, there is a cleanable centrifugal filter built into the clutch assembly..... This SHOULD be cleaned out at least every 2500 to 3000 miles , or about every third oil change....The bikes take from 800 to 900cc of oil, the 50's, 70's and 90's usually takeing the lesser amount, and 10w30.....100, 110's and 125 and + take the .9 liter (just less than a qt), and 15w40 for the 100+cc versions.... THIS is petroleum oil, not synthetic.....

I'll verify and post pics when I get to install my Lifan and prep it......

Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #8

Re: Lifan 110cc CT-70 clone (110GY-3) questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLifan
Geo here in Ohio. Just picked up a mint Lifan 110GY-3 with only about 300 miles on the clock. Seems like a fairly well built minibike.

* Where can I get an owner's manual for it? Can anyone
led bulbs copy their for me? I'll send you a few bucks for your efforts, if that's OK.

* I was told 20/50 Castrol motorcycle oil is the best for this motor and tranny. Is this true? Also, where is the oil filter on this bike? Can't find one! What is the oil capacity?

* Top speed for my 220 pounds is only about 45MPH. What sprocket changes do I need to hit at least 55MPH? Can I change only 1 sprocket, or do I need to change both?

THANKS in advance!
I think it will be wonderful if you display some pics.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #9

Pics

Here is a photo of the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012_09160012.jpg (96.9 KB, 1983 views)

Old 07-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLifan View Post
Here is a photo of the bike.
Nice bike, you've even got a center stand!
I love the CT's and their clones.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #11

Sharp bike! I'd like to get a wiring harness for a bike like that, for a project I have in mind. Does anybody know of a source?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #12

The wierdest thing happened today! I pulled into a Starbucks parking lot, and a few minutes later as I was exiting the place, there were 3 people 'sweating' (checking out) my Lifan mini-bike! This older gentleman (60's?) offered me $1000 dollars on the spot for the bike (showed me the wad of cash in hand)! I asked him why he was interested and he said "my first motorcycle was a Honda CT-70 back in the seventies, and i've been wanting to find one in great condition for my collection!" I told him that this was a CT-70 'clone', not a real Honda, and he replied "I know. If it was a real Honda in this condition, I would have offered you 2 or 3 grand!" I graciously declined the offer.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #13

Did you share with him where he could buy one?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #14

Actually, I don't know where to buy one, as I bought mine from a local seller on FleaBay. But I did tell him that he could try and Google 'Lifan' or 'Lifan 110GY-3' to find used or new ones. He jotted down the model number on his iPAD. Do you have a list of North American dealers for Lifan bikes?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #15

I know that pitster pro had copies.

http://www.pitsterpro.com/bikes/list/cat6