Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2022, 09:00 PM   #1

Thanks for the helpful info! just ordered one of these! Do you know what the demetions are on the 428 sprockets front and rear and or where i can find the set up online?? Im trying to get a 17/45 set up as i would be doing more road riding.
thanks !

Old 05-02-2022, 01:15 PM   #2

You might want to wait until you get the bike. Mine came with a 520 chain and sprockets even though the site said 428.

Old 05-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #3

suspension?

I'm kind of a heavier guy. 250lbs. The suspension is really soft and floaty. Is there any upgrades to stiffen this up?

Old 05-04-2022, 05:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam82 View Post
I'm kind of a heavier guy. 250lbs. The suspension is really soft and floaty. Is there any upgrades to stiffen this up?
Best i can think is for you to loosen the lock ring on the rear shock and keep turning the ring until its stiff enough to not sag too much or bottom out. You can also replace the fork oil with heavier weight, but thats a bit more involved.
I rode my daughter recently and we r about 280 combined and i noticed a clicking noise on acceleration, never could figure it out, possibly the chain.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-04-2022, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam82 View Post
You may think about replacing the fork oil as well. 15 or 20 wt. should work well.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:22 PM   #6

Head Scratching Any plugs on street legal light kits? Installation hacks?

Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.
*I’ll document the work as I do it and post so future ppl can reference.

Old 11-11-2023, 07:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan250 View Post
Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.
A couple questions. Does your bike have any lighting other than the led headlight? Is there an open electrical connector in the headlight or a speed sensor near the front wheel for speedo hookup? Is there any wiring loose around the rear fender for tail/brake light? Mine came street legal with all wiring and lighting in place.

Old 01-03-2024, 08:21 AM   #8

Quote:
I know this is too late to help you ,but there are kits available to convert dirt bikes and atv’s into road legal bikes ,they include a blinker switch ,relay and everything to install blinkers ,a horn ,a brake light switch .I get them through a local Kimpex dealer for about $50.00 , the stuff is cheap and just universal but it works and will help you out .
Polisport sells a universal bike headlight-front number plate kit ,like for a competition enduro ,and a universal rear fender with a light ,I have not purchased the rear fender in years ,not sure if the current offering has a dual filament light (running light and brake light ) ,I used to have to swap the pigtail in the housing but pretty sure a new one would probably be l.e.d. Lighting ,so you might have to monkey with that .

Old 01-08-2024, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Missouri law doesn't mention a speedometer, not required as far a I know. Check your laws and go to court if you can. Tell the judge that you are working on the remaining items needed in your State. You can show him receipts, and tell him you will bring back the State police inspection certificate when it is compete if he will delay his judgment. I'd be shocked if the judge isn't understanding! They want safe roads more than penalties.

There is an excellent quick reference table with a map showing which States apply to each requirements:
https://www.dirtlegal.com/blog/how-t...e-street-legal

But you should check your States requirements to show the judge! This article may not be perfect

I am going through this with the KTM smoker now, so I've been lookin' into it

Old 10-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #10

I'll most likely end up getting the timing key and wheel puller to get 'er in.

My thoughts exactly about the sensor mod; especially if it decides to loosen up! Nothing a little Loctite could fix - but the key would be easier! Looked up how to do it - pretty simple looking actually too.

Speaking of stickers - someone posted about some China Riders stickers a while back.... I WANT SOME, but don't remember who it was posting about it! I'd slap about 50 or so on my bike if I could get them lol

On the hunt for a larger gas tank btw - have seen some (I think..) 5gal ones on the Orion bikes; just wondering if hangs the same as on the X-Pro. Which, there's only ONE bolt in the center holding the tank on the bike, then a slide peg deal on either side. This little almost 2 gallon tank has me paranoid I'm going to be stranded out in the woods somewhere.. Have ran out on the road once - reserve didn't do jack. Thankfully I was right across the street from a gas station. But, yeah that reserve didn't seem to have an affect on anything. I think it just restricts the flow more than in the 'full on' position.. I do take the spare gas cylinder if I go out far-ish. I think it's a 1.5L tank, can't remember; haven't had to actually use it yet. Btw that tube I have for storage doesn't have any padding on the inside, it IS air tight though so no leaks. But, if anyone does do the storage tube and gas cylinder - I'd suggest a t-shirt wrapped around the cylinder... I sacrificed mine for the sake of sanity lol I can't take rattling and loose stuff flapping around during the ride. I'll definitely post up what I find on the bigger tanks too, I'm sure you'd probably want one as well! I'm wanting to say I can replace the cap with one that has a little tank gauge on it.. still, going to do some research on all that!

Old 10-25-2021, 08:06 PM   #11

Yeap.. i also almost ran out of gas the other day.. prob around the 160 mark and filled 1.9 gal, damn on the teetering edge of empty

I'm testing out with the petcock in the opposite position, curved edge facing down and handle facing up to see if its just oriented wrong. The petcock actually has a small arrow pointing in the direction of the edge of the handle, so, we will see. i'll report back if it works and it will be another quirk to notate..

With regard to the larger tank, check out this thread for the possible:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29875
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211022_172741.jpg (60.8 KB, 737 views)

Old 10-31-2021, 05:50 PM   #12

PSA: confirmed today the correct position of the petcock for normal use as well as reserve. It seems this petcock is the opposite of most and the arrow is pointing in the direction of the handle and this is the indicator for position - UP: Normal Down: Reserve
The bike ran 1.7 gallons in the normal position which should leave .2 or so in reserve, good for at least 20 miles
The attached pic is the normal position
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211022_172741.jpg (60.8 KB, 723 views)

Old 11-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #13

How about an update? Any new mods? Been riding or put up for winter?

Old 12-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #14

Awesome thank you for all the help. I will definitely keep you informed on how the process goes.

Is there a downside with running that bigger carb? I like the look of it and the adjustments look easier to make. Also it may give me more running room if I decide to make more mods in the future?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2P82LHDI&psc=1

If there is a downside I definitely will go with the VM26. Did you have to do anything special to fit it?

Old 12-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1991 View Post
Awesome thank you for all the help. I will definitely keep you informed on how the process goes.

Is there a downside with running that bigger carb? I like the look of it and the adjustments look easier to make. Also it may give me more running room if I decide to make more mods in the future?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2P82LHDI&psc=1

If there is a downside I definitely will go with the VM26. Did you have to do anything special to fit it?
On a stock engine, the PE28 will be a better match. Unless you plan on porting the head for more flow, the PE30 will be harder to tune due to lack of air flow.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel