Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2017, 10:42 PM   #1

Bashan enforcer kill switch and turn signals

Hello all. I just recieved and assembled my Bashan enforcer from apscusa. I am also new to this forum looking for others that have an enforcer to troubleshoot and trade notes with.

Two questions:
1) When you start the bike with the remote electric starter without having the key in the ignition, how do you kill the engine? There is not a kill switch that I could find on the handlebars. Sticking the key in the ignition and turning it on and off does not do the trick either. I was forced to turn the fuel cock off and hit the throttle.

2) When installing the front blinkers, has anyone actually gotten them to work? I've tried many combinations in the wiring hook ups and have had no luck getting them to work.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from yall!

Old 08-26-2017, 01:37 AM   #2

Start it with out the key in the ignition ?

theres something very wrong in the wireing....

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 08-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Bashan View Post
Hello all. I just recieved and assembled my Bashan enforcer from apscusa. I am also new to this forum looking for others that have an enforcer to troubleshoot and trade notes with.

Two questions:
1) When you start the bike with the remote electric starter without having the key in the ignition, how do you kill the engine? There is not a kill switch that I could find on the handlebars. Sticking the key in the ignition and turning it on and off does not do the trick either. I was forced to turn the fuel cock off and hit the throttle.

2) When installing the front blinkers, has anyone actually gotten them to work? I've tried many combinations in the wiring hook ups and have had no luck getting them to work.

There are two red buttons on the right handlebar next to the twist grip. One of them is supposed to turn the ignition off, and the other one turns it back on. This is a legally mandated safety switch. It must work. If it doesn't work, contact whoever you bought it from. If they are not helpful, suggest that you might have to file a complaint to the NHTSA, and let them deal with it....ARH

Old 08-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
There are two red buttons on the right handlebar next to the twist grip. One of them is supposed to turn the ignition off, and the other one turns it back on. This is a legally mandated safety switch. It must work. If it doesn't work, contact whoever you bought it from. If they are not helpful, suggest that you might have to file a complaint to the NHTSA, and let them deal with it....ARH
I can tell you that my Basan Brozz DOES NOT HAVE a kill switch on the handlebars. I converted the hazard switch to a kill switch.

I tried the remote starter once and it acted weird something like it would not start again or shut off. I do not remember anyhow I never used it again.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #5

Regarding the blinkers do the back ones work?

I had no issues with the blinkers

Old 08-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
I can tell you that my Basan Brozz DOES NOT HAVE a kill switch on the handlebars. I converted the hazard switch to a kill switch.

I tried the remote starter once and it acted weird something like it would not start again or shut off. I do not remember anyhow I never used it again.
I wonder how they got it certified. Those two switches are mandated by the feds...ARH

P.S. Has anyone seen an operators manual for the Enforcer? I'd like to see a PDF file of it...ARH

Old 08-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I wonder how they got it certified. Those two switches are mandated by the feds...ARH

P.S. Has anyone seen an operators manual for the Enforcer? I'd like to see a PDF file of it...ARH
I wonder if the kill switch is mandatory if it has a key switch?

Old 08-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #8

Every image I have seen of a Brozz where the controls were visible I have seen the exact same ignition kill switch and starter button that is found on the Hawk.

Also, kill switches are mandated by the Department of Transportation. It's not an optional thing. If your bike is being delivered without a functioning kill switch, then that is a flaw and it would fail safety inspection in any state that has them.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #9

On a completly different Chinese bike I seen that if you use the remote 'start' button then I believe it was the 'lock' button or something strange like that on the remote that turned it off. Try all the buttons on the remote. There may be a loophole in the law that the remote is also your kill switch. Sounds terribly unsafe I know but the law has many loopholes and the Chinese seem to exploit them.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #10

My kill switch operates the hazards lol. Sounds like we are all going n the same boat

Old 08-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Every image I have seen of a Brozz where the controls were visible I have seen the exact same ignition kill switch and starter button that is found on the Hawk.

Also, kill switches are mandated by the Department of Transportation. It's not an optional thing. If your bike is being delivered without a functioning kill switch, then that is a flaw and it would fail safety inspection in any state that has them.
The Hawk does not have a remote start correct?
I bet there is a stipulation with the remote that allows for the exemption of the kill switch.

The switch on the right is NOT a kill switch it is a switch that turns on the 4 blinkers ie hazard lights.

I rewired mine to be a Kill switch so I can do a spark chop.
If anyone needs the info I can dig up the post that I explained how to do it.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
On a completly different Chinese bike I seen that if you use the remote 'start' button then I believe it was the 'lock' button or something strange like that on the remote that turned it off. Try all the buttons on the remote. There may be a loophole in the law that the remote is also your kill switch. Sounds terribly unsafe I know but the law has many loopholes and the Chinese seem to exploit them.
I am thinking the same.

You are right about the lock of the remote. I tried it once and found it a complete waste why would I want to start my bike from a distance?

Old 08-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #13

Remote Operation

Here is the instructions for the remote.

The translation is typical Chinese to English

Note the bullet Anti-rob This is the way around the kill switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remote.jpg (94.6 KB, 552 views)

Old 08-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #14

Rewire Hazard Switch to Kill Switch

From the post I made on how to wire the switch

I rewired this today. Interesting the blue and orange flasher wires have a diode in line.

The three wires you need to modify are the blue, orange and gray wires.

I took the switch and harness off the bike so I could remove the wires from the molex plug.

To remove the wires from the plug use a small screwdriver or dental pick to push the holder on the pin.

I removed the harness cover at this point you will see where the blue wire is spliced and another wire is added the orange wire and the diodes are placed in line.

I cut the the blue wire before the splice and then I spliced in a wire to match the length of the gray wire.

I cut the gray wire to remove the connector. You now have the two wires you need to splice into the ignition switch harness.

I removed the green and black wire with white stripe from the molex connector.

I then used an exacto knife to remove about 3/8 inch of insulation right before the pin.

I then soldered the blue and gray wires to the green and black/white stripe wires.

I used shrink tubing to finish the wires up and put the wires back into the molex connector.

I now have a kill switch. and no emergency flashers.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Bashan View Post

Two questions:

There is no kill switch on the Shark either. Now on the remote start, if you hit the unlock button after its started it will kill the engine. I just used a cheap toggle switch and wired it up as a kill switch. As far as I know, none of the Brozz/Sharks came with them.