Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #91

also try hooking jumper cables to the battery and your car and see if it will start. if it does then bad battery but most likely a ground.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #92

I haven't posted in awhile, just breaking in the bike. I just got 200 miles and I do really love this thing. My motor was loud...but after thinking...maybe the exhaust was was not loud enough???? Yep that's what it was, my neighbor made the comment that I could sneak up on somebody riding that thing. He was right, anyone who has bought the enforcer and fired it up may have been a little disappointed. No thumping, no roar of the exhaust.

Well after deciding to mod the exhaust I went to the muffler and the damn end cap was riveted on!! So I popped the rivers...the damn spark arrestir was welded in!!! Drilled and wheeled it out with adrenal...bad idea??? Hell no it wasn't!!! Sounds amazing. Runs amazing, carb degenerated needs tweaked but when you pull out the guts you will be scared to death...don't worry it will be fine!!

I am going to up the jet because I am running a little lean now but it's a great sound and feel.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #93

Hate to argue with your mechanic friend but these engines seem to come with the valves very tight. Do what you wish but I only had 5 miles or so on my shark before I adjusted the very tight valves

Old 09-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Hate to argue with your mechanic friend but these engines seem to come with the valves very tight. Do what you wish but I only had 5 miles or so on my shark before I adjusted the very tight valves
I checked the valves at 100 miles and plan on checking them again at 300: Gaps were .003 exhaust and intake. I left them alone, the chatter is what I complained about in my other post....wish I could merge them.

I started this thread as my adventure with my first china bike but it kinda got hi jacjed...but that doesn't bother me. Any info on the enforcer is good news. They are a newer model but as of now I love mine.

If I had time I would post videos and so on but my job is a blood sucker...that's why I got the bike. Stress relief!!! Lol

Old 09-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer View Post
I haven't posted in awhile, just breaking in the bike. I just got 200 miles and I do really love this thing. My motor was loud...but after thinking...maybe the exhaust was was not loud enough???? Yep that's what it was, my neighbor made the comment that I could sneak up on somebody riding that thing. He was right, anyone who has bought the enforcer and fired it up may have been a little disappointed. No thumping, no roar of the exhaust.

Well after deciding to mod the exhaust I went to the muffler and the damn end cap was riveted on!! So I popped the rivers...the damn spark arrestir was welded in!!! Drilled and wheeled it out with adrenal...bad idea??? Hell no it wasn't!!! Sounds amazing. Runs amazing, carb degenerated needs tweaked but when you pull out the guts you will be scared to death...don't worry it will be fine!!

I am going to up the jet because I am running a little lean now but it's a great sound and feel.
Very interested in doing this , just got an enforcer from Apscusa too ..

Old 10-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #96

Storm?

http://www.apscusa.com/New-2017-Stal...ine_p_627.html

Is this the Storm that apscusa is selling or is this a different bike, they have it named the stallion.

and if so is the storm worth $300 more then the enforcer?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTavis View Post
http://www.apscusa.com/New-2017-Stal...ine_p_627.html

Is this the Storm that apscusa is selling or is this a different bike, they have it named the stallion.

and if so is the storm worth $300 more then the enforcer?

Same bike. The storm/Stallion have the counter balanced engine and USD forks where as the Enforcer doesn't. Is it worth $300? Never owned a counter balance engine so could say yes or no. The Enforcer is very close to being the same as the hawk. I have no issues with it being a non-counter balanced engine.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Same bike. The storm/Stallion have the counter balanced engine and USD forks where as the Enforcer doesn't. Is it worth $300? Never owned a counter balance engine so could say yes or no. The Enforcer is very close to being the same as the hawk. I have no issues with it being a non-counter balanced engine.
The Storm has been known as a 'premium' bike, and has been around for a few years in the US. Bashan also had two more 'premium' bikes: the Brozz and the Shark. They crowded their own field, LOL. The RPS (really Hensim) Hawk is a 'utility' bike of sorts, hence its lower price point as compared to the Bashan threesome. Recently, Bashan came out with the Enforcer to go head to head in the 'utility' class against the Hawk.

I would probably say the Storm (or the Brozz or Shark) is worth the extra $, but the real comparison would be between the Hawk and the Enforcer. The biggest advantage of the Enforcer is it is 49 state DOT/EPA certified as an 'on-highway' bike, whereas the Hawk is still only certified as an 'off-road' bike; however, over half of the US states have had members reporting successful street registration.

As with most any Chinese enduros, however, no matter the certification, 'Californians need not apply...'

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #99

Sales

I'm new to this... should I wait for any sales (Black Friday, New Years, etc.) that might be coming up, or just drop the $1400+ and order an enforcer?

Old 10-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #100

Quote:
I'm new to this... should I wait for any sales (Black Friday, New Years, etc.) that might be coming up, or just drop the $1400+ and order an enforcer?
You can chance it and wait but if it was like the end of last year there was a shortage on these China bikes. If you can find a buddy that wants one there's a deal on a twin pack for $2399. That $1200 each including shipping. http://www.apscusa.com/TWIN-PACK-2-2...ery_p_877.html
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #101

Quote:
The last "Holiday Specials" I saw at both SPS and PSM had them actually a couple hundred higher than normal....but the adds looked flashy!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #102

Angry sales people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
The last "Holiday Specials" I saw at both SPS and PSM had them actually a couple hundred higher than normal....but the adds looked flashy!
lol, I have saw that before!

Old 10-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #103

Superior guarantees price match, with the bike showing $1299, but if you look at the fine print, there is actually fine print missing on this bike vs. other bikes; shipping is not included. I don't know what ASPCUSA is selling them at, shipped, but according to Superior they will price match.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...n250db-41h.htm

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #104

Hey guys, wanted to report a successful trip with the Enforcer. The family and I spent the weekend at Longs Retreat in Pike County,Ohio. It is about 1/4 mile from Pike National Forrest....lets say I spent a lot of time going back forth to ride. Trails were not to bad and the Enforcer did great. It wasn't ripping up the trails but it climbed every hill and the suspension was great. I did however dump it on the left side once and it bent the clutch lever and the shift lever. I was able to bend them back but I got a little nervous when the bike was reluctant to start. Waited a few minutes and it fired back up....I was pretty deep in the woods so that one may have sucked.

Anyways....got some shopping to do but the bike did great and it was a huge hit at the camp ground. Its a pretty big place and we have no golf cart so the bike did a lot of short commutes throughout the camp ground.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:07 AM   #105

2017 CRF250L vs Bashan Enforcer
So I am sad to say that I have sold my Enforcer. I needed a bike with a little better top end than what it could provide. I did really enjoy my ownership of it and to be honest the guy that bought it bothered me to death with complaints for several days. I really think he was expecting Honda quality at a Chinese price....and it got me thinking. I am going to do a comparison...and this might surprise a lot of people.

Keep in mind..these are both bone stock bikes

Let the games begin..... 2017 CRF250L vs 2017 Bashan Enforcer:

Gauges Crf is the winner but it has its disappointments. Crf comes with a digital gauge w/ a tach. The Bashan didnt have a bad stock cluster and the thing that beats the Crf is the gear indicator. That is a nice stock feature especially since I went form a 5 gear to a 6 gear bike. It is also nice for the trails.

Stock Tires and wheels- Enforcer gets the win here. I am sure the wheels on the Crf are better but the sh**y and let me say skinny tires suck. I do found I dont get stuck in groves on the road as much, but man do I miss the knobbys that thing came with. I did have to replace the front tube on the Enforcer but that price compared to tires....makes all the difference plus the need for a knobbier tire on the trails.

Power train(this part is going to be kinda long)- This is kind of a draw to be honest. The Crf does have a higher top speed and it is a lot stronger of an engine. What I dont get is that there is a power band that runs from 6k-8k rpm. Seems way up there when you are use to the Enforcer that was smooth power and throttle response all through the gears. The throttle response is very touchy CRF and is almost unpredictable on the trails I ride, with the Enforcer I knew what I was getting every time I opened the throttle approaching a hill. May just need some getting used to but the Crf wins on the road side....Enforcer on the trailside.

Obviously the EFI DOHC is way better than the Push Rod and Carb...hands down, not much to say about it, except...EFI is touchy...throttle response is faster...good and bad.

There is no replacement for displacement, the Crf is a true 250cc machine.

Service intervals on the Crf are almost nill...I am talking once a year or 6,000 miles for the oil change nill.

Clutch/Gears Honda is smoother, but does have issues with first and nuetral like the Enforcer. They both felt like they were hung up and I have actually went to pull away from a red light just to realize I am still in 2nd on the Honda...it just felt like I was in 1st when I was dropping through the gears.

Cost of ownership- Enforcer..Enforcer..Enforcer.. is the winner...winner..winner.. Lets face it the Enforcer was cheap to upgrade(even though mine was completely stock). Exhaust, Mods, and honestly the excellent support of this group. Hands down it was cheaper to get the look and feel you wanted. Honda is like Harley and everything you want seems to equal multiple one hundred dollar bills. That stupid gear indicator the seems so silly...$87 bucks on ebay...its the size of a quarter.

Reliability- So far its a draw...its hard to beat a Honda but that China bike never once left me stranded, started every single time. As hot as that motor would get running through trails it never died or flinched.

Summary- I love them both and if the wife wouldn't have thrown such a fit the Enforcer would still be sitting next to the Honda in the garage. So to the guy that wined and cried expecting Honda quality out of a China bike...there is my run down and I seriously hope you took my advice and joined this site and have started to watch Motocheez on youtube.

Tags
bashan, enforcer