Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2021, 10:36 PM   #61

I know it’s none of my business ,but you two need to relax and just drop it ,at least for tonight .I honestly suspect the two of you are both too smart and too much alike ,and that in a day or two you will be good friends .
Midnight ,I don’t think it is possible to block somebody ,I bet in a couple of days you will understand it really isn’t needed .I for one ,hope you decide to stick around .

Old 03-09-2021, 03:31 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
As we can see there is box with the Jaso rating, in this case is MA and the Jaso oil code "M081YMC600"

I think that's the take-home point from all of this....ehm...discussion.

Most of the MC oils I have (even Castrols) seem to be "self-certified" JASO MA/MA2. I've only seen that magic square with the magic JASO oil code on Motuls, so far

Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRider View Post
I think that's the take-home point from all of this....ehm...discussion.

Most of the MC oils I have (even Castrols) seem to be "self-certified" JASO MA/MA2. I've only seen that magic square with the magic JASO oil code on Motuls, so far
Yep, and I never denied the self-certification. As seen here.
http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...1&postcount=42

I was simply stating that Rotella T4 and T6 have the JASO MA/MA2 rating on the bottle. Maybe not the "official" one, but still stated as having met or surpassed those standards. They are there, plain as day. You won't convince him though, even though it's all there to read.

The most common place to see the proper Japanese JASO certification stamp is a lot of factory oils, such as Honda GN4, Yamalube, etc. given the fact that they are from, well Japan. Non-Japanese domestic companies (shell, Castrol, etc.) test to those standards and self certify, which isn't something done lightly as it opens them up for potential litigation, to avoid the extra costs and effort. Motul doing so doesn't really surprise me, as I do believe they are a factory oil for certain bikes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-09-2021, 08:52 AM   #64

Oil thread always seen to get out of hand. This thread has been temporarily locked down. Sorry Chillrider, I know you meant well. There is more than enough information on oil in this thread and other thread. If you cannot have an intelligent conversation without arguing then this forum is not for you. To the rest of the wonderful members of the forum. Have a great day.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel