Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by phager76 View Post
And, almost two months later... She's all back together. Things have been a bit nuts here, getting papers for the new bikes is being a pain, stay away from powersports max unless you have time to kill. Then last month I got into a wreck in my new Fiesta, my fault (according to insurance) so I'm out the deductible of $2500. I haven't had an at-fault accident in over 20 years. And the final capper, due to genetic issues and no dental insurance for most of my working life, I had to under go oral surgery and have all but 6 teeth removed on the 31st of last month.

I also ended up messing up the new carb (lost the Jesus clip when I tried to reset the needle), so I just ordered another one off eBay. Got it in today, so I installed it after work. After making sure that the battery was charged over dinner, I gave it a few kicks to prime the carb, powered everything up and hit the switch, and she fired right up. I did need to tweak the idle a bit, and I set the idle mix screw at 1.75 turns, might be a hair rich but I can deal with that. I've got all the plastics back on and I'm hoping to take it for a shake down ride tomorrow.

Now to dig up the funds to get all these things titled!
Can you link that ebay carb plz?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #17

http://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemI...=1997466217016

Old 04-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Confirming, this went on your blaze bike right?

If yes , does it have screws to get into the bowl?

That original Keihin Carb has run rich with low fuel milage so I think i will give the mikuni a try. Cheap enough

Hang in there with the healing, getting better every day
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #19

Yep, went on the Blaze. Four phillips screws secure the bowl to the carb, remove those and you have easy access to the jets. For $30 you can't go wrong. It came equipped with 100 main and 20 pilot jets, so you will want to rejet it.

Thanks for the healing thoughts, I have a follow up with the dentist in a couple of hours, hopefully getting the stitches out and working on a time line for getting the lower partials.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Yep, went on the Blaze. Four phillips screws secure the bowl to the carb, remove those and you have easy access to the jets. For $30 you can't go wrong. It came equipped with 100 main and 20 pilot jets, so you will want to rejet it.

Thanks for the healing thoughts, I have a follow up with the dentist in a couple of hours, hopefully getting the stitches out and working on a time line for getting the lower partials.
Thanks bud, I am going to order one.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #21

Well, I got back from the dentist, the stiches came out, and a follow up for a deep cleaning and fillings on the remaining teeth is scheduled for early May, the a week later impressions for the partials will be done. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal eating by the time camping season starts in earnest (Soup around the campfire just doesn't have the same appeal as hamburgers, dogs and brats!).

After I got home, I fixed the sticky throttle, I sprayed a little cable lube inside the throttle tube and worked it back and forth and it returns nicely. We then extracted it from the basement and gave her a quick bath, and I applied some Blackfire paint sealant to keep the paint looking nice. I think it came out rather nicely:

Now for the bad side. After sitting it appears the clutch is locked up. as soon as I kick it in gear if the brake is applied it starts to bog down and stall (So not 100% locked) if the brake is not applied, it will take off. I suspected this might have happened, because when I tried to roll it back and forth in gear with the clutch in, it wouldn't move, so fortunately when I put it in gear I had the brake applied! Otherwise I probably would have been paying a deductible on the rental too! Any one know an easy way to freeing up the clutch plates with out taking off the side cover? I'll be doing some searching on it but if anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Old 04-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #22

If the oil is old... drain it out... refill with the proper amount of new oil... tip the bike over and lay it down on the right side (clutch pack side)... let it set over night

This usually helps get the clutch plates properly soaked again without having to take everything apart

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #23

Nope brand new oil (well, a month or so old, but about 5 minutes of run time on it), Valvoline 4T 10w40. I'll try laying it on it's side before I go to work tomorrow, the try and get her going again tomorrow evening. I may try rocking it back and forth after dinner just to see if that frees it up. Thanks for the tip!

Old 04-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #24

I was thinking the same as az said (as I have learned here) but he would know better being a
mechinic.

Also if the soak doesn't do the trick I would jack it up and ratchet it down good and run the thing in idle to heat that sucker up. Put an electric fan in front to help cool while its running. Then let er cool down and see what happens before you go into the case. I would think the heat cool effect would break er loose

I bet one way or the other it will take care of it unless it's something major (like your mouth).

You need to say healthy for those little helpless young-ens.

P.s. Did you buy a jet assortment for that mikuni from that same ebay seller. Was hoping to find jets too but none so far other than other places.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #25

Oh...., what was I looking for...jets, jets, that's right, carburetor Jets .

Old 04-14-2017, 04:26 AM   #26

Hertz, let me tell ya, don't be fooled. Those girls don't really know what they are doing with that scanner

Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #27

That's like telling me they can't find the UPC Bar Code. Even slow people at the self check out can find it after a few rotations...

Old 04-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
If the oil is old... drain it out... refill with the proper amount of new oil... tip the bike over and lay it down on the right side (clutch pack side)... let it set over night

This usually helps get the clutch plates properly soaked again without having to take everything apart

Azhule, I officially have a man crush on you! Laid it down on the right side before I left for work this morning. Got home a little bit ago, and righted her and fired her up. I let her run for 5-10 minutes at a high idle (I need to adjust the idle down still) until everything got nice and warm, then turned her off. I put her in gear and rocked her back and forth with the clutch in and at first nothing, but after a minute of so of rocking, it popped and started rolling freely! After dinner I'm going to take her for a little spin. I also adjusted the idle down since everything was nice and warm.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

Oh...., what was I looking for...jets, jets, that's right, carburetor Jets .
Wow! Carbs and jets ARE sexy!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-15-2017, 12:07 AM   #30

Quote:
Azhule, I officially have a man crush on you! Laid it down on the right side before I left for work this morning. Got home a little bit ago, and righted her and fired her up. I let her run for 5-10 minutes at a high idle (I need to adjust the idle down still) until everything got nice and warm, then turned her off. I put her in gear and rocked her back and forth with the clutch in and at first nothing, but after a minute of so of rocking, it popped and started rolling freely! After dinner I'm going to take her for a little spin. I also adjusted the idle down since everything was nice and warm.
Man that great! I ride mine almost daily to keep it in top shape