Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2021, 08:58 AM   #1

New to ATV's Awaiting Arrival

Hi All,
Just wanted to do an intro to myself so my first post will not be asking for help.

I ordered a Vitacci Terminator 300 from TxPowerSports, but they are shipping me an MSA 400 4x4 as they were out of stock (their 'in stock' list is not the best). Shipping has taken longer than expected as apparently they are changing from UPS freight to Saia freight. But the Saia freight has been good with a crazy amount of shipping updates (including driver breaks).

Just waiting for my date now so getting everything ready and learning anything I missed during my purchase research. Ordered un-assembled as i thought it would be fun to put together and give me a good chance to torque and Loctite.

We have recently brought ourselves a small 10acre recreation plot in Virginia and wanted to build a small/shed cabin, but it has a nice valley with a stream in the middle. Super cute, but means we have a fall and a rise on either side, and of course we want to build on the far side.

The ATV is so we can trailer items on a light weight wagon. Not looking to move massive weights, would rather do more trips than risk overloading. Not sure if we have picked the right ATV, but no stranger to china built machines so thought we would give it a go. Building a bridge for the stream while we wait.

Anyway, that's my story. Looks like a nice forum so about time i signed up.

Old 02-04-2021, 09:19 AM   #2

Welcome Aboard! Enjoy the new ATV.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-04-2021, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Welcome Aboard! Enjoy the new ATV.
Thank you. I sure hope to. I like the look of your collection!

Old 02-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallShinyAnt View Post
Thank you. I sure hope to. I like the look of your collection!
Thanks, There's always room for one more. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-12-2021, 09:11 AM   #5

It's here! So had it a couple of days. Took a couple of week to arrive. Ordered a Vitacci Terminator 300 got a MSA 400 4x4.

Arrived with a cracked cowling around the gauges, no battery and no winch. Apart from that, turned up pretty good. Emailed Txpowersport about the missing and broken parts and waiting to hear back. In the short term I picked up an AGM battery and a winch so i could get things moving.

Trying to lift it off the metal shipping rack to actually get the wheels on was probably the hardest part of assembly. Managed to successfully use the most unsafe way I could think of by getting a 2x6 underneath and using a jack on both sides. Was very exciting.

Still need to change the oil and find a live switched wire for the winch before my first startup. My first ATV, so very excited for the first ride.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #6

winch

you should hook up the power for the winch from the battery... and use a fuse to protect it.. that is the safest way... if you use the power wires from your harness ... you can over load the demand and burn it up... the winch can draw a lot of power.... and use the battery alot... so if you use alot of winch power.... your battery will drain down... and the other thing is the stator will be charging and run hot... burn out the stator charging all the time...

Old 02-12-2021, 03:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
you should hook up the power for the winch from the battery... and use a fuse to protect it.. that is the safest way... if you use the power wires from your harness ... you can over load the demand and burn it up... the winch can draw a lot of power.... and use the battery alot... so if you use alot of winch power.... your battery will drain down... and the other thing is the stator will be charging and run hot... burn out the stator charging all the time...
Thanks Flash, sorry I should have been clearer, looking for power for the relay, the power for the winch motor goes directly to the battery.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #8

Unfortunately you ordered your bike from one of the most dishonest and poorly run outfits we see around here ,especially with missing parts ,warranty ,or even just returning your email or call .Search for “Manny” on this site and you will probably be horrified .There was a post just yesterday from a fellow who bought two atv’s for his kids for Christmas ,assembled them the week before Christmas ,had issues with one engine ,bought parts out of pocket to have a running bike for Christmas ,and Manny has just this week finally returned his call and s telling him he is SOL because he fixed it himself ,and that he had not contacted the seller when problems first showed up .Every once and a while somebody gets lucky with Manny ,but I can’t remember any that required parts after receiving their bike .I guess I should add ,that he is also known to blame the customer for the broken bike you received ,and has been known to send out broken ,used junk bikes as brand new and refuse to help the customer .Good Luck !

Old 02-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #9

Thanks Bruces, all the sites that said they had in stock what I wanted looked a little suspicious and seem to have bad reviews so I double stacked credit card and PayPal in case I had to make any claims and videod the complete unboxing. On the whole, as long as it starts and runs ok I will call it great value either way.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:19 PM   #10

I was one of the lucky ones I guess. I chose TX because they were the only one that actually picked up the phone when I called before ordering. Didn't have any issues and was shipped quick. It does seem their customer service is hit or miss. I didn't find that out till after I purchased about all the issues until the members here filled me in.

You got an extra 100cc so not a bad deal... looks the same as the Vitacci you bought.

You can haul a pretty good amount of stuff with that ATV ... a wagon as a trailer seems too small... you can load up the trailer you haul the atv with whatever you need to haul on the property. Or just get a cheapo Harbor Freight trailer to leave on the property.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
I was one of the lucky ones I guess. I chose TX because they were the only one that actually picked up the phone when I called before ordering. Didn't have any issues and was shipped quick. It does seem their customer service is hit or miss. I didn't find that out till after I purchased about all the issues until the members here filled me in.

You got an extra 100cc so not a bad deal... looks the same as the Vitacci you bought.

You can haul a pretty good amount of stuff with that ATV ... a wagon as a trailer seems too small... you can load up the trailer you haul the atv with whatever you need to haul on the property. Or just get a cheapo Harbor Freight trailer to leave on the property.
Hi Darth,
Funny to say, but i'm big fan of all the information you have put on this forum. Really informative and looks like you really put your machine through its paces.

You are right, with that extra 100cc I'm very happy with what i got for the money and seeing as most people recommend swapping the battery anyway, that was not a big deal.
Trying to replace that cowl could be tricky, but it doesn't effect operation and it's my first ATV so will be impressed if i don't break more parts in my first ride anyway.

Appreciate your advice on towing, I have a 1400lb capacity utility cart(link below), the main task is going to be moving some lumber for our cabin build from our drop off point to where we are planning on building which is not so far, but has an interesting route that involves some hills. I'm concerned the wheel setup on the cart is going snap at the first obstacle so will take a look at the cheapo Harbor Freight 2 wheel setups after it breaks.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t?cm_vc=-10005

Old 02-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #12

load

I guess in your situation to move materials up a hill... first off .. you should lower the gears to a gearing to pul more of a load up the hill... and then beef up your trailer... as you know it is going to go thru hell with the load... put some tie downs on the frame so you can strap and secure your stuff... alittle prep is better for the problems you might have,,,, keep the air pressure up in your trailer.. ok.. have fun'

Old 02-14-2021, 10:22 PM   #13

Beefing up the trailer and adding some tiedowns is an excellent idea, going to run with that one. Thanks Flash.

And luckily it's a project of love, rather than necessity so its going to be fun.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:45 PM   #14

Can someone tell me how to make a thread please

Old 02-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #15

Thread

When you saw the section for ATV.... and clicked on that word.... RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE to select what reply you want to join it,,,, it is right at the TOP... see new thread....