Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 PM   #1

Doh! Bashan Storm Wrecked/Need Parts

Hello, I am new here, and new to the Chinese brand dirt bikes/enduros. My brother and I were out riding today, he was on the Storm and I was on a yz250f. He is fairly new at riding but he thought he could outrun my YZ. You all know the crappy tires the storm has, well my YZ has Nobbies on it and not even I could keep traction so I let off the throttle a bit and before I knew it he was 300 Feet in front of me. Hit one bump hard and it threw him off his seat but he landed and regained control. I figured after almost wrecking he would have slowed down. Well he did not slow down, nor did he listen when I told him to follow the tracks from other people before us. He figured he would make his own path and ended up leaping a drainage ditch and completely wrecked the front end of the storm up. He is alright, I watched him barrel roll and pop back up to his feet. He was doing at least 30mph+. And the damage to the bike sucks because it almost made it unrideable for the rest of the way home, 4 miles.

He bent the rim and the Fork tree all up so the Forks dont sit straight, and bent the bolt for the rim. He also, ripped the headlight off, along with the front fender, turn signals, and bent the handle bars all up.

So what I need to know is, where on earth do I get replacement parts for this thing. My brothers and wife love riding this one because it has absolutely no balls compared to my YZ and at times it can even be fun for me.

The only parts I am concerned about purchasing at the moment are the Rim, Handle Bars, Fork tree, and the fender. Or if any one knows if any japanese model bike parts will work. The forks themselves are still good, but I doubt any other manufacturer makes a tree that will fit the stock forks, handle bars I am sure are just standard 7/8 and I can purchase a better set. But the fork clamp tree is my main concern. Also the PO broke off the kick start lever, so if I can find one of those also that would be great. The starter always sounds weak to me. Would like to be able to kick start if I need to someday.

This Picture is of what the bike currently looks like taken apart
Name:  13262328_10206836192128673_1304537203_o.jpg
Views: 2175
Size:  99.8 KB

I tried to take the best picture I could to explain what is bent on the fork clamps. If you can tell, the right side clamp is actually bent where you can see inside of the clamp itself, and not level like on the left side.
Name:  13289060_10206836190488632_1316543264_n.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  79.6 KB

This picture is of the broken parts that I was able to carry home with me. Other than the Tree, obviously that was still on.
Name:  13262512_10206836191608660_1932227418_o.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  98.8 KB

I was going to take a picture of the rim too but my phone went below 5% stupid phone wont take pictures if the battery is too low.

I don't know if this information is needed or not but figured I would give it anyways.

The handle bars say DB-08-250
And the swingarm says BS250GY-18
It is a 2015 Bashan Storm 250

Old 05-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #2

Can the fork clamp be straightened? Is the rim mettle bent up or is the rim just out of whack? If just out of whack a rim/motorcycle shop can likely easily straighten it for you. Metal shop for the fork clamp if the motorcycle shop can't straighten it.

/

Old 05-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Can the fork clamp be straightened? Is the rim mettle bent up or is the rim just out of whack? If just out of whack a rim/motorcycle shop can likely easily straighten it for you. Metal shop for the fork clamp if the motorcycle shop can't straighten it.

/
Adjuster - the fork clamp may be able to be straightened back, my only concern was that it looks like cheap metal and Its not something I wanted to skimp out on. If it was just me riding the bike it would be fine. But if something was to happen to someone else riding I just couldn't do it. The rim on the other hand I didn't know could be straightened. Figured that would cost more than a new rim for these things. But I will take the clamp to a shop and see what they think about the quality and if it can be straightened and still be relatively safe.

BARLOW - Thanks for your reply, they did have the rim. Now the question is, is it cheaper to buy that rim at $95 or have it straightened by a shop? Also I did find the kick starter and shifter lever there. I really wish I could find something a little stronger that I could use in place of the shifter lever. Every time my brother drops it the shifter bends all the way back. I am surprised it hasn't broken off yet trying to bend it back every time

Thanks to both of you for your quick replys!

Old 05-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #4

http://parts.powersportsbest.com/index.php/ ... i know you can get full body plastics here, you may find everything you need ... i know they have the front rim too

Old 05-23-2016, 09:39 AM   #5

What size are the wheels on that ?I have a complete china roller with the smaller wheels ,thinking it's a 19" front ,you can have anything you want off of .My bike is a gio 250 if you want to see what they look like .

Old 09-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #6

any help on acquiring parts ? I need a rear sprocket and any idea on whats worked good. need to gear up for road use before I blow this thing up. 2015 bashan storm 250.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #7

This might be your best bet for a triple tree assembly. Most of the chinese USD forks use the same diameter tubes, but I would recommend maybe calling CSC before ordering to confirm the size of the tubes to your own.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-...STEM-s/346.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommywhite View Post
any help on acquiring parts ? I need a rear sprocket and any idea on whats worked good. need to gear up for road use before I blow this thing up. 2015 bashan storm 250.
With a quick search I found a Storm owner that used the same XR185 rear sprocket that the Hawks use. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068O5W3M...ing=UTF8&psc=1
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #8

I bent the front rim on my Hawk 250 and replaced it with a standard 21" dirt bike rim, can't remember the brand. My spokes were all serviceable, the rim was totally taco'd once I loosened the spokes, I wouldn't chance having it straightened if it's pretty bad.

I'd be curious if the XR250 shift lever is compatible with the Storm, I put one on the Hawk after bending the original. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It folds back so it doesn't break as easily.

Tags
accident, bashan, parts, storm, wreck