Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #1

Front light bulb?

I recently bought a used 70cc Chinese ATV for my son and it runs great. I am slowly repairing/replacing the parts that were missing on the bike. Its not really all that important as I'm not ready to let my kids drive it at night, but gives me something to do. The bike came without front light bulbs so makes it hard to replace them when I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. Is it a standard bulb? Anyone know the part number/code?

Old 07-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #2

I recommend against lights on it, unless you're using LED's. The stator has a hard time keeping up with incandescent bulbs, and it'll kill the battery. That wrecks fun time when the quad stalls and won't start again.

To properly respond to your question, most of the quads used bulbs that were 18w each. I can't recall what socket type they were.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #3

The headlights in all the little quads I have seen and dealt with are all next to useless as a headlight ,but good to show other riders where you are like daytime running lights in your car .I would just get a car marker light and install it and call it good enough .

Old 07-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #4

Headlight bulb

The bulb has to handle the vibrations and bumps .. just like skidoo bulbs.. you can see many of the replacement style bulbs on ebay.. or go to you local Chinese dealer.. they are about $10.00 or so from most dealers.. as noted do not use anything big like 55 watts.. or use a led light... but you may want it to look nice..... on the new TAOTAO atvs they use a handle bar mounted light.. you can see them if you google TAOTAO...