Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2017, 01:04 AM   #1

Exclamation 2016/2017 Apollo 250RX Help

Hey guys!
I'm pretty new to the whole dirt bike riding, slowly wanting to get into street bikes, so I started with a dirt bike and I choice the Apollo 250rx will post some pictures below. I happen to be riding it in the neighborhood when I hit a very nice slick spot and the bike just went crashing down and it broke a brake lever and it's pissing me off, I couldn't find anything on what works with model bike.
And tips and suggestions on maintaining this bike for a long time, I wanna keep
Her alive as long as possible.
Thank you!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1186.jpg (97.0 KB, 530 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1130.jpg (93.5 KB, 494 views)

Old 05-10-2017, 02:25 AM   #2

Congrats on getting your Apollo. I bought 2 of them last year one for my self and the other for my better half. They are pretty tough little bikes and we have had them all over the WV mountains and trails here. Wife even sucked hers full of water on our first ride when she fell over in the river!! After changing the oil 6 times and getting the water out you could never tell it even happened. Enough about my mishaps. Which brake lever did you break? The hand levers can be easily found on ebay, they are pretty generic, just take a good look at what you have and what you're getting and make sure they are for a 7/8 handlebar if it is the hand brake. I am looking to purchase the folding clutch and brake levers for ours. I would recommend, if you have the mechanical ability, to purchase a new carburetor. Definatly helps with throttle response and idleing. They are good Keihin carbs and go for shy of $19. Ebay has them, item number# 401142561948. I have replaced them both on our bikes. Another big favor you could treat your new bike to is a new air filter. The filters on these things are horrible and let ALOT of dirt past them. Another ebay item number# 121869134908. I just cut them about 1/4 of an inch larger than stock so they fill all the gaps and have worked like a charm. I left the rear most filter stock, only changed the fine one that's closer to the motor. Make sure to change your oil diligently, use Rotella-T 15w-40 in the white jug. the stuff cheap and your motor will love you for it. There is a site that has every part for these bikes down to the axle bolts. They are by no means cheap though. I just purchased a new tank for mine because I didn't like the metal tank, and got a plastic one. It shows up with an inch and 3/8 hole in the rear of it where they put fuel sending units..well a neoprene rubber expansion bolt has cured that problem. Tank, cap, and shipping ran almost $100 but its what I wanted and they had it. They are based in the Netherlands and I got the tank in about a week from when they shipped it. The site is: http://store.orionmotors.nl//index.php I would love to be of some help if you need it. I am always tinkering with our bikes and trying new things. Oh and as for longevity, last years riding season we put almost 3000 miles on our bikes. The average ride for us was about 100 miles each time and would only use just little over half a tank of gas!! Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160907_175123.jpg (99.7 KB, 468 views)

Old 05-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
Congrats on getting your Apollo. I bought 2 of them last year one for my self and the other for my better half. They are pretty tough little bikes and we have had them all over the WV mountains and trails here. Wife even sucked hers full of water on our first ride when she fell over in the river!! After changing the oil 6 times and getting the water out you could never tell it even happened. Enough about my mishaps. Which brake lever did you break? The hand levers can be easily found on ebay, they are pretty generic, just take a good look at what you have and what you're getting and make sure they are for a 7/8 handlebar if it is the hand brake. I am looking to purchase the folding clutch and brake levers for ours. I would recommend, if you have the mechanical ability, to purchase a new carburetor. Definatly helps with throttle response and idleing. They are good Keihin carbs and go for shy of $19. Ebay has them, item number# 401142561948. I have replaced them both on our bikes. Another big favor you could treat your new bike to is a new air filter. The filters on these things are horrible and let ALOT of dirt past them. Another ebay item number# 121869134908. I just cut them about 1/4 of an inch larger than stock so they fill all the gaps and have worked like a charm. I left the rear most filter stock, only changed the fine one that's closer to the motor. Make sure to change your oil diligently, use Rotella-T 15w-40 in the white jug. the stuff cheap and your motor will love you for it. There is a site that has every part for these bikes down to the axle bolts. They are by no means cheap though. I just purchased a new tank for mine because I didn't like the metal tank, and got a plastic one. It shows up with an inch and 3/8 hole in the rear of it where they put fuel sending units..well a neoprene rubber expansion bolt has cured that problem. Tank, cap, and shipping ran almost $100 but its what I wanted and they had it. They are based in the Netherlands and I got the tank in about a week from when they shipped it. The site is: http://store.orionmotors.nl//index.php I would love to be of some help if you need it. I am always tinkering with our bikes and trying new things. Oh and as for longevity, last years riding season we put almost 3000 miles on our bikes. The average ride for us was about 100 miles each time and would only use just little over half a tank of gas!! Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Thank you for everything you provided me with, I'm always trying to mess with the bike make it better, I really enjoy riding and about to take it to the first trail ride today, I'm really wanting to replace the carb, but money has been tight lately. Keep me posted on what you do to keep this running forever in other hands

Old 05-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #4

Some pics of the improvements made to my apollos so far minus the pic of the keihin carbs I installed on them. The light bracket I made mounts solid under the handlebar mount base and the plastic tank I ordered from the Netherlands, I hated how the metal tank locking cap would leak gas all over when riding. I have universal tail lights for them on order right now so we are legit for night riding here in WV. Also have a fused power distribution block on order to clean up the wiring mess I have at the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170511_153358.jpg (96.8 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg 20170511_153828.jpg (97.1 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg 20170511_153431.jpg (94.0 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg 20170511_153900.jpg (94.6 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg 20170511_153921.jpg (95.7 KB, 436 views)

Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
Some pics of the improvements made to my apollos so far minus the pic of the keihin carbs I installed on them. The light bracket I made mounts solid under the handlebar mount base and the plastic tank I ordered from the Netherlands, I hated how the metal tank locking cap would leak gas all over when riding. I have universal tail lights for them on order right now so we are legit for night riding here in WV. Also have a fused power distribution block on order to clean up the wiring mess I have at the battery.
So I have a question about the clutch lever. If you look closesly and if you have the original one on still, you notice you have to power tab type things connected to it I Can't seem to figure out what it is. If so the brakes have the male connects too I will upload a picture when I get home

Old 05-13-2017, 03:14 AM   #6

It is your clutch safety switch. It is there so when it is in gear the electric starter will not try to start it until you pull the lever in. My daughter broke hers and the replacement didn't have that feature so I just put a butt connector on them and connected them together...now it will start without the clutch being pulled in even if its in gear but I have her in the habit of pulling the clutch in every time before she starts it. The ones that are on your front brake lever are there for a brake light switch for the street legal versions of these bikes. That switch is what I'm going to wire our new tail lights to so we have a working brake light.