Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #1

Razz How is everyone?!

Just been on these forums here and there reading about the bike that I might end up buying, and one day I decided to go ahead and place my order for the Apollo 250rx and so far I can not complain about the bike at all! I love the damn thing first bike and I have no regrets on buying on these. Didn't really need to replace the carb and it's running great!

I did happen to lay the bike down a day ago no major damage just broke my brake lever, and I was wondering what kind could I use to replace them, I wanted it to be in red as well

If you guys have any mods or anything that is simple to do and will increase the power of the bike please let me know, I've been trying to find little things to do, but I don't know much in bikes so please be detailed. First bike and will not be the last one I will own that is for sure!!!
Thanks for taking the time to check out the post. I posted a few pictures of the bike as wel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1171.jpg (100.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1186.jpg (97.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1130.jpg (93.5 KB, 99 views)

Old 05-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #2

First bike and he already cut off Joey buttafuco.

Sorry man, I m a kidder. Extra points for posting picks on the first post.

Welcome to the pen.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-05-2017, 11:07 PM   #3

It was stupid hoe it happened but it's a lesson learned lol. You know anything I could use as a replacement? I don't wanna order the wrong parts and then try to put them on :/

Old 05-05-2017, 11:12 PM   #4

Welcome aboard! You've got yourself a good looking memory maker there.....proper maintenance means loads of fun.....and pay little attention to BB - he routinely skips his meds

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #5

Dpl

Those knobbies and damp new pavement don't mix
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-06-2017, 01:08 AM   #6

Yeah I found that out the hard way lol, but it was fun at them same time lol

Old 05-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #7

Welcome! Don't focus on any upgrades until the engine is broken in; give it at least five hours of run time to see how it changes. I would set the valves right away though; make sure the engine is stone cold when you do.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #8

How do I set the valves, I've never done that. And I've rode the bike past 5hours now. It's about 45mins of riding before I put it away. I'm not dumb when it comes to working on things, I used to work on bmws and those are a pain in the ass. So I can handle a bike if you could tell me how to do it.
The bike feels faster already for sure I can tell the difference of it breaking in.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #9

Sweet looking bike and welcome to the board. I've been eye balling that bike for some time myself. Where did you buy it from?

Old 05-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #10

I bought it off of Amazon when they were selling it but they don't have it anymore. And thanks I really enjoy it, but for some reason I think the bike may have a rev limiter or something. I'm still trying to figure it out

Old 05-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Dpl

Those knobbies and damp new pavement don't mix
Like riding on sheet ice....

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Like riding on sheet ice....

It's honesty not that bad I was doing fine till I hit a certain spot

Old 05-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivang217 View Post
How do I set the valves, I've never done that. And I've rode the bike past 5hours now. It's about 45mins of riding before I put it away. I'm not dumb when it comes to working on things, I used to work on bmws and those are a pain in the ass. So I can handle a bike if you could tell me how to do it.
The bike feels faster already for sure I can tell the difference of it breaking in.
The quickest way to share that with you is to encourage you to search CG125 valve adjustment on Youtube. Your engine is a bored and stroked version of the CG125. You're gonna love how simple it is.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-07-2017, 09:25 PM   #14

Motocheez video on YouTube for the Hawk valve adjustment might be a good general guide....its like everything else ...the more you do it the easier it becomes because you figure out your own steps and speed....

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Motocheez video on YouTube for the Hawk valve adjustment might be a good general guide....its like everything else ...the more you do it the easier it becomes because you figure out your own steps and speed....
Sorry to ask but is there any way I can get a direct link, and is it really needed to do the valve adjustment?