Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #1

110 cc buggy questions

Ok I have a few questions, first am I the only one having problems breaking front spindles on these things (its an explorer 110, my boys). Second the engine is weeping oil out from somewhere on the left side its dirty oil. This leads me to wonder something I was told by the dealer is wrong. He told me this was a wet clutch motor. But I don't really believe it now. The engine oil is a fresh change and the leaking oil is dirty. There are what appears to be two drain plugs on the bottom of the motor/gear case, yet I cant find a place for fill plug on top for the gear box if so. If it is a separate gear case, what oil is everyone running for the case. One last question lol, the coil with a preterminated wire sucks, it keeps melting the spark plug end of the wire then the ignition gets finicky weak until finally a no start condition. Does anyone make a better ignition wire these suck.......

Old 07-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #2

Welcome!

I'm not familiar with your specific machine, but I'll try to address some of your questions. BTW, photos would be very helpful.

What part of the spindle is breaking? Is it due to poor welds? Is it a ball joint or kingpin style? There was a report of poor welds on Gio Beast ATV spindles once that I recall, but that's it.

This is my guess on the oil leak: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=7678

You likely have a wet clutch, therefore a good four stroke motorcycle oil is recommended.

The drain plug on the right side is for draining. The other secures the timing chain tensioner. IDK about the fill point on your engine, but 110 engines usually have a dipstick on the right side. Without a photo, I can only guess that yours is a unit motor, meaning one crankcase and tranny, not separate units.

I used an NGK plug wire on a few of my machines. The stock wire will unscrew from the coil upon peeling back the boot.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer