Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #1

Hi,
I was wondering how this bike is working out.
Would you recommend it?
Thanks,
John

Old 07-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #2

"I was wondering how this bike is working out.
Would you recommend it?"

Me too. Good bit cheaper than a K-Pipe. It will be interesting to hear from somebody that has ridden both.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:47 AM   #3

Tried to start it after 2 days of storage, and have had troubles with the stock PZ20 carburetor since day one.

Today I put a new better quality one on and it not only fixed the fuel flow issue I was experiencing, it gave a significant boost like the other 125 engines.

I have never experienced wheelies on my Hellcat at all. I just assumed it was because of my weight class, and poor knowledge on how it works.
After riding this BD125-2 for a while I know now it loves to wheelie when I take off from stops, even with the stock PZ20 carb! It must be because the riding position is right over the rear wheel.

the metal body is very pleasing to the eye in the sun, up close it has obvious seams showing that it was built with some sort of sub frame with a "decorative" steel outer shell.
It is very light, much lighter than the Hellcat.

with the stock carb I got it comfortably to 55-58 mph
Upgraded carb will push 60+ but it vibrates uncomfortably at very high speeds

the forward facing horn actually gets peoples attention

One big issue I cant fix yet is im riding and the front wheel feels like its going over a bunch of tiny bumps constantly. I haven't ridden much with spoked wheels, should I get them checked out?

front hand brake is able to pull all the way to the bar, probably just needs proper adjusting unless thats normal.

Will drop some pictures tomorrow

If you want a 125 that isn't "sporty" looking in the modern sense I recommend this bike. big + for it being on the CA approved list.

Last edited by DudeMantia; 07-13-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMantia View Post
One big issue I cant fix yet is im riding and the front wheel feels like its going over a bunch of tiny bumps constantly. I haven't ridden much with spoked wheels, should I get them checked out?
A few places to start if you suspect the "spoked wheel" is the issue

First "True" the wheel if it has never been done (or recheck spoke torque if it has been "Trued" before many miles ago), some "Ride-On" tire balance/sealant foam or Balancing Beads might help if the tire/wheel is heavy in certain spots, maybe check/replace the wheel bearing(s) with a good quality one(s) if they are cheapos and or already have little to no grease packed in them

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:47 PM   #5

I believe Im going to order one of these. By time I restore my Honda Cl70 I'll be way more into it money wise.

This thing is setup for 12v with everything needed. I'll just register it then pop in my ZS190 engine. Lol

Hey dudemantia, could you see what the distance is between the engine head to the front tire fender.

Also how are the brakes at stopping? I know drums aren't the best.

Old 02-23-2020, 02:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I believe Im going to order one of these. By time I restore my Honda Cl70 I'll be way more into it money wise.

This thing is setup for 12v with everything needed. I'll just register it then pop in my ZS190 engine. Lol

Hey dudemantia, could you see what the distance is between the engine head to the front tire fender.

Also how are the brakes at stopping? I know drums aren't the best.
Contact Pete at Kronik Racing in Simi Valley, Cal. for a few reasons. First he is a very good dealer. Second, he is very knowledgeable about Chinese horizontal thumpers since Kronik was originally primarily a pit bike race shop and then he started selling the Baodiao/Boom lineup. Third, he has low prices. Fourth, parts. He has replacement parts all day long, and being in and out of Boom's warehouse a few times a week can obtain MORE parts. Last, as far as performance parts go, he has them and knows what works. If you research Kronik Racing, you will find nothing but good things written about him.

Www.kronikracing.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-03-2020, 07:26 PM   #7

Wife bought me one for Christmas. No issues registering it in Michigan. It comes with an un-signed Cert of Origin so make sure you get a signed one. Had to replace the carb with a different PZ20 from Amazon and it runs great now. Also took off all the extra EGR/PAIR stuff or whatever it's called and pulled out the old air intake filter box and just used the cone filter that came with the carb.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #8

After having the bike for a bit, do you think that its a good buy?

Old 05-17-2023, 08:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMantia View Post
Tried to start it after 2 days of storage, and have had troubles with the stock PZ20 carburetor since day one.

Today I put a new better quality one on and it not only fixed the fuel flow issue I was experiencing, it gave a significant boost like the other 125 engines.

I have never experienced wheelies on my Hellcat at all. I just assumed it was because of my weight class, and poor knowledge on how it works.
After riding this BD125-2 for a while I know now it loves to wheelie when I take off from stops, even with the stock PZ20 carb! It must be because the riding position is right over the rear wheel.

the metal body is very pleasing to the eye in the sun, up close it has obvious seams showing that it was built with some sort of sub frame with a "decorative" steel outer shell.
It is very light, much lighter than the Hellcat.

with the stock carb I got it comfortably to 55-58 mph
Upgraded carb will push 60+ but it vibrates uncomfortably at very high speeds

the forward facing horn actually gets peoples attention

front hand brake is able to pull all the way to the bar, probably just needs proper adjusting unless thats normal.

Will drop some pictures tomorrow

If you want a 125 that isn't "sporty" looking in the modern sense I recommend this bike. big + for it being on the CA approved list.

I'm having same luck with stock carb.
Which did you switch too?

Last edited by JimmyLocksmith; 05-29-2023 at 10:39 PM.

Old 05-17-2023, 08:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith View Post
I'm having dame luck with stock carb.
For the 125cc a NIBBI PE26 would be good. You can get the stack carb to work better just by installing the right size jets and fine tuning the idle mixture.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-18-2023, 12:52 PM   #11

boomcat carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith View Post
I'm having dame luck with stock carb.
I got an upgraded carb from kronik racing and it works great. No tuning or new jets needed. total swap and go.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganboomcatter View Post
I got an upgraded carb from kronik racing and it works great. No tuning or new jets needed. total swap and go.
Which one, got a link?

Old 07-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #13

Kool. I would have never expected that bike to be a wheelie machine. From your description, the boomcat is well worth the money.
It looks just like the 1969 Honda S90 I owned a while back. A new boomcat costs far less than restoring a similar Honda.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:11 AM   #14

Agreed on the S90 lookalike,
I was going to be shopping for an S65 (Having sold Blue :( )
and go through the Not exactly easy task of doing a 125 swap.
Well now, Having found out about this there's no need to cut up a classic.
And it's cheaper than doing the swap, Win/Win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Kool. I would have never expected that bike to be a wheelie machine. From your description, the boomcat is well worth the money.
It looks just like the 1969 Honda S90 I owned a while back. A new boomcat costs far less than restoring a similar Honda.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #15

So, no problems plating it at DMV???? I'm always leery when the websites say CARB Approved. Sometimes that's only green or red sticker for dirt.....but they don't tell you that.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350