Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #1

2005 roketa rts250ww vs 2001 raptor 660 r se

So I haved had my roketa 250 for about 9 months. Iv upgraded to a nonlimited cdi, beefed stator, changed from 17 tooth front sprocket to 15, kept the equipted 45 tooth rear sprocket, swapped stock bars ( when I rolled her on a hill an mashed them ) for 2inch taller 3 inch narrower snowsled bars, stock tires and rims ( bout time for new meats if anyone has sugestions for good dessert tires) jumped from 27 mm carb to a 30mm mikuni on freshly port an polished intake custom fmf exhuast (courtsy of team rocket factory stead nevada), much larger then stock honda radiator and fan, fox podium shocks all around and bord to a 270. And though I quite frankley love riding my honda clone needing a attitude adjustment so does my dad so last weeek I traded my truck for a 2001 raptor 660r se bone stock besides tires and new grips. Im very curious to see how well the roketa keeps up. I ride with my buddy who runs a 96 honda 250 (also modded) and thr roketa does a remarkable job keeping up an out manuvereing and most of the time is in front =) makes me so pround brings a tear to my eye. Well as ant racer im always looking for new ideas to mod out my rides so if any ideas please say so id love to ear them. Ill check in after I go out to let yall brothren know how the girl does wit the raptor..

Old 08-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #2

The big obvious difference between your Roketa and a name brand one is that you need to constantly be checking things on the Roketa--at least more than the brand name bikes.

I think your Roketa will get smoked by the Raptor without a doubt, out in the open! However, kind of like comparing a street oriented 650 dual sport (i.e. KLR 650 or DR650) to a 250 dual sport on a narrow trail might bridge the gap between the larger Yamaha to your smaller Roketa.

Around Yuma is wide open sand dunes, so this would definitely be to the 660's advantage, but a narrow trail would possibly favor the 250. You have the best of both worlds, however!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73scoutII View Post
So I haved had my roketa 250 for about 9 months. Iv upgraded to a nonlimited cdi, beefed stator, changed from 17 tooth front sprocket to 15, kept the equipted 45 tooth rear sprocket, swapped stock bars ( when I rolled her on a hill an mashed them ) for 2inch taller 3 inch narrower snowsled bars, stock tires and rims ( bout time for new meats if anyone has sugestions for good dessert tires) jumped from 27 mm carb to a 30mm mikuni on freshly port an polished intake custom fmf exhuast (courtsy of team rocket factory stead nevada), much larger then stock honda radiator and fan, fox podium shocks all around and bord to a 270. And though I quite frankley love riding my honda clone needing a attitude adjustment so does my dad so last weeek I traded my truck for a 2001 raptor 660r se bone stock besides tires and new grips. Im very curious to see how well the roketa keeps up. I ride with my buddy who runs a 96 honda 250 (also modded) and thr roketa does a remarkable job keeping up an out manuvereing and most of the time is in front =) makes me so pround brings a tear to my eye. Well as ant racer im always looking for new ideas to mod out my rides so if any ideas please say so id love to ear them. Ill check in after I go out to let yall brothren know how the girl does wit the raptor..
Let's see some pics! It sounds like you'd win the award for China bike most modified, although you might be tied with Spud.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #4

Culcune very good points that most wouldnt consider touching on.to paint the picture a bit better. My dads a mostly road/dirt bike riderand became fasenated with atvs upon arrival of the roketa and only riding them less then a year were as im 23 and have been riding since 7 and racing since 10. Also we live in northern nevada with alot of smaller valleys an huge hills. The riding is open ground at some points but mostly "open" to us is fire and logging roads an most all trails are tigh and technical so it kinda evens they playing field.thank you weld for the encouragment and props as soon as I replace my camera (some jackass broke into jeep an stole everything including the shifter know) id love to share my baby. Also if anyone is interested in contacting my home shop and biggest supporter (folks round here hate chinese anything let slone modifing them) im happy to give you there contact info. As far as mantainence and checking equipment I do a pretty extensive teardown aftdr every 25 or so hours usually after every full weekend riding trip. To check components oil fluids brakes alignment ect snd every 3 months she goes to rocket for wat we call a full service checkup. Iv been seeing electric turbo and nitrous setups for bigger bikes such as raptors an such does anyone know if they would work and not desintagrate a smaller engine such as mine? (thers a ds 650 id love to woop on)