Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Why is everyone freaking out about the weight? What are you comparing it to? Looks like it falls into the same weight class.

Kpt 400 - 495 lbs with luggage
Yamaha TÉNÉRÉ 700-452 lbs + luggage
V-Strom 650-528 lb. including Luggage
VERSYS 650 LT 482.9 lb* + luggage
AFRICA TWIN -505 lbs + luggage
in this lightweight ADV and Dual Sport category, EVERYONE is preoccupied with weight. with my KLR, everyone talks about how heavy it is compared to xxx, blah, blah, blah. Coming from larger bikes I just scratch my head and wonder if everyone riding these bikes are 90 pound weaklings or something. Just pick the dang bike up and keep going.

the other bikes you list are not in the same category as the KPT. Himalayan, CSC's 450, KTM 390 ADV, Maybe Triumph Scrambler, Honda CB500x.

Here's an interesting read regarding light weight ADV bikes. But just keep in mind that these guys don't care about price. Some people are just rich.
https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/a...0-lbs.1333329/

BTW....my KLR (gen 1) is listed as 412 pounds. Not sure if the KPT is with equipment or not.

Side note regarding the Lifan....that is one UGLY front end. And I would not want hard bags. they break legs.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.